IGNORED

High end shafts? (Fukikura Rombax)

Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm going to sweden in a week to play golf with my dad, we're also stopping by this huge golf store called dormy, i'm going to treat my self with a Mizuno MP-600 driver. I was thinking, this is the first time i'm going to get a shaft that suits my swing. I'm willling to pay the money for a high end shaft, but does it really help you that much? I was thinking of the new models from Fujikura. They look awsome, and if it helps make the result of my drives better, why not get it? I was thinking of the Fujikura Rombax 7X06 ..

Any of you know if it's worth the money?

And btw, i'm new here, so hello everyone!

-----------------------
Bag: Twister III (blue/white)
Driver: MP600 Fujikura 360 Stiff
Fairway woods: V-steel 3 and 5 wood!
Irons: 3-PW MP-32 Wedges: MP-T 53 degressWedges: 56 degressPutter: BC1Ball: Pro V1Best score so far : 73 - 5 over par!Goal this year : sub par score!

buy the driver 1st. then hit it. buy your shaft to produce an optimal ball flight for your swing. The Rombax is a pretty damn good shaft. The more "exotic" shafts produce ball flights based on your swing. So if you buy the driver and love it (even though you should get tested with a bunch of drivers 1st), work out what you like and don't like about your flight. If it's too whippy..take note to go stiffer or the same stiffness with a lower torque.
if your ball flight's too low, go with a shaft that has a lower kickpoint and vice versa. remember flex isn't everything. people don't need to be swinging xs shafts when they only have a ss of 100. go wiht a flex that you can CONTROL the ball. stiffer for control is the generalization.
Good luck over there. let me know how it turns out.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

the only downside of that is that its very, very difficult to find a shop/course that will have any demo's with high end shafts. even for a launch monitor you'll struggle to find an actual rombax and the new quattro from graphite design

I've never seen them around to use, hence why I dont have one even though I'd be willing to spend whatever works for my swing

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I havent tried the Rombax as of yet but some high end shafts that i can reccomend are the Aldila VS Proto, the Matrix Ozik, The Graffaloy Epic, and the Mitsubishi Diamana Series. Do what DJYoshi says and figure out the kind out ball flight you want and then choose your shaft accordingly. Good luck.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

• 4 weeks later...
I was going to ask this question myself then I did a search and found the topic already existing.

So I have been able to try the Rombax, but it was attached to a TM CGB MAX Limited. I liked it. But then again it was attached to a very pricey driver head.

I was considering reshafting my TM SQ with this, and wanted to see if anyone had any prolonged experience with it.

Atlas
Driver Opt1: King 440 10.5°
Driver Opt2: SuperQuad Stiff 10.5°
Irons: R7 4-PW, AW Steel Stiff
Lob wedge: Momentus Golf (Yes I also have the Weighted Driver )Hybrid: 20° Putter: Dual Force 330

Note: This thread is 5745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!