IGNORED

slow play is getting serious in the NW

xTsUnAmI
Note: This thread is 5759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This happened at my local course on Sunday sometime.... Some sort of argument broke out over slow play and one guy hit the other w/ his 6 iron.. The dude who got hit had to be life flighted from the course... Crazy stuff...

I don't think I've ever seen slow play taken so seriously.
The argument between two groups of four golfers started at the 13th hole, and by the 15th it turned physical. That's when a 33-year-old Puyallup man pulled out his 6-iron and swung at the victim's head.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....57dade96.html

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

holy crap Batman! thats crazy!!! my buddy works at that course. do you know Jeremy?

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

if he's a younger guy, I probably know who you are talking about although I can't remember his name.. Did he tell you about that?

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

That is rediculious. I get that slow play can get annoying but to take it that seriously is what makes newbies scared to golf. I know I was scared of the typical golf snobs my first time out. It jsut so happens that I met up with one and he threatened to kick my off his course. It is sad that these people ruin the game of golf for newcomers.

He's the assistant pro out there. hes like 32 or something. na....i just heard about it from your post. that is ridiculous!

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

I just marked that course on my "DNP" list (not like I would every make it up there). That is just crazy. I always thought alcohol brings out one's "true" self. I would think twice about being around that guy when he drinks if I was his friend.

There is no justification for taking a 6I to someone's head unless they pulled out a gun.

Attacking someone with a weapon is an act of cowardice and the guy is gutless for doing so. If you can't act like a gentlemen or have the mental capacity to ask for a marshall/course pro to resolve the issue then you don't belong on a golf course.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

wow, that is nutz!!! I like the "DNP" list, have to remember that one.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

As opposed to say, a 5-iron or a pitching wedge?

I always find it funny that whenever there is an assault with a golf club they always print which club it was. I remember someone joking that when Jack Nicholson took a 3I to someone's windshield it was a poor club choice, that a shorter, stiffer wedge would have been a better choice.

Not that I find assaults of any kind funny...

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

WOOOOW that is nutty...'taking a 6 iron to someone's head' and 'bleeding profusely' never go to well in the same story. Just hope these two guys never bump into each other on another golf course! Can you imagine them as singles getting paired up? EAASSY KILLAH!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

This made the news in Denver yesterday!
I was shocked. I would like to know how it escalated to that degree.
Hope the guy swinging is in jail.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Damn. That is crazy.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Auburn is actually a nice muni and the hole that the assault occurred on is one of the more interesting and challenging holes on the course. I would say don't let the incident that happened on that course stop anyone from playing it. Reality is it could happen anywhere. I'm not condoning the action of any party involved but the article doesn't say if the swinger was in the group in front being hit into or the in the group behind doing the hitting.
We can talk getting the course marshalls or pro shop involved all we want but this is precisely one of the problems why non law enforcement personnel might be reluctant to get involved in an issue like this and I bet it's why we see such little pace of play enforcement on the course at any place considered "less" than an upscale muni. A drunk or bunch of drunks can easily turn on the supposed peacemaker and it's the marshall or staff that gets the 6 iron upside the coconut.

I dont see how he could NOT get good jail time. My brother (who at the time was using drugs a lot) got into a fight with another tweaker, and hit him with a dinner plate... The guy didnt even need stiches just a butterfly bandaid, my brother got 1 year for assult 1 year for assult with a deadly weapon and had to serve 20 months of it. It was his first major offense. True he didnt pay extra for a lawyer, but this guys crime is WAY more serious and life threatening, they didnt say if there were any other blows thrown first or whatever, but if he threw the first blow and did it with a golf club to the guys HEAD i would HOPE he gets a few years, people that are willing to do that to someone are sick. If i was really worried Im getting attacked by someone on the course, I might grab a club and threaten them, or if i absolutely had to i might swing at the chest, leg something, but a HEAD shot are you F*#@ing kidding me? The weird part to me was the guys saying in the story "Yeah usually people stop after the 9th hole to get a few beers and there is always arguments about slow play" REALLY? ALWAYS arguments about it? Sounds like a rough course. I guess thats why I dont golf on weekends...

Adams Golf Idea a2 OS Hybrids
(all but the 3iron, I broke it )

Yeah, using a weapon of any kind usually makes it a "big deal."

I witnessed a minor assault a couple of months ago and the cops were very interested if the perp pushed the other guy with open hands or with closed fists. Because it was open hands he got charged with the lowest level of assault, closed fists would have increased the severity.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Note: This thread is 5759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!