IGNORED

Do you have EXTREME ups and downs?

DJYoshi
Note: This thread is 5751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My scoring in June was unbelievable. It dropped my HC from 12.9 down to a 9.4. There were 2 rounds in the mid 70's. 2 rounds in the high 70's..and the rest were low 80's. Whenever I shot 9 holes, the scores wouldn't be more than 42.

Fast forward to July, NOTHING is working. There'll be holes where my ball striking is on point. From the tee to the green, I play the right shots, select the right clubs and I'm there in no more than 3 shots (excluding par 3's).
My putter has been failing me. From 30 putts in a round all the way up to 35 - 40, I can't get anything right. My last 4 full rounds have been 92, 89, 92, 88
and a 38 when i went out to shoot 9 holes (that day's the only july exception).

My HC trend has only gone up to a 9.5 and posts next week. I'm not worried about it going up. If it goes up, it goes up. But what I'm worried about is do you low and low/mid handicappers have and extreme down such as shooting in the mid-high 80's and the golf gods forbid...a score in the 90's?
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I can relate to your frustration. Although I am shooting in the upper 80's and low 90's. (and I have shot 39 twice this year) A good example is on Saturday I shot an 87 then I turn around on Sunday and shoot 100. Or the week before I shot a 50 on the front and then follow it up with a 40 on the back.

That is the cruelty of this game that we love so much.

In my case it was my putter that let me down too.

I am just happy that overall I am making progress. I started this year with a 17.4 and I am now at 15.8

"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Went from a bunch of low to mid 90's rounds to 110-115 the last 2. There is something up with my grip and I keep hooking the ball 3 out of 4 shots BAD. Took some video of my swing and I think it's time to start from square 1.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

On my trip to florida this year i shot a 79 on sunday and a 94 on tuesday. I cant stand my inconsistency.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

I'm in a similar boat, though to be honest I've just started using what works for me and not what people tell me I should be using.

I was fighting to break 100 and now shoot low-mid 90's and have tickled 89 twice this year. I've got a long way to go, but for three years of playing the game and this being my only serious effort. I can't be too hard on myself.
Weapons Of Choice
R5 Dual 9.5* Driver
R7 Draw Hybrid 3
Tight Lies #4 16* Fairway Wood
HCT Tour Irons 5-SW CG-11 52 CG-11 56 CG-11 60 BC-101 Putter

My last two rounds before I injured my shoulder were 34 and 46. So yes, I have extreme ups and downs. I think its because of my mental game, which has never been too strong.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

My iron play seems to come and go. 2 weeks ago I couldnt hit a decent iron shot to save my life, but my 3-wood shots were pretty good.
Yesterday I was hitting my irons dead straight, perfect distance and the balls would land on the green, take 2 hops and stop.
Lately Ive been working on my takeaway, so that could be a large part of it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I feel your pain. I find that I go on streaks. For 2 weeks I will shoot great, high 80s low 90s for me, then go out and 2 or 3 rounds in a row shoot around 100. Then when I think I need to go get a lesson or something, everything will come together and I will shoot a low score again.

For me it is usually getting away from basics, etc. I shot a 100 yesterday, and realized later I was extending my arms way out in front of my body at address. I hope I can get more consistent. I hate going out there not knowing what the round is gonna be.

bag

burner 10.5* driver

mp-57s irons white hot 2 ball putter

i have extreme ups and downs on different rounds and within rounds. i had 2 birdies 5 pars but shot 24 over with only 2 bogies... i've shot high 80's one day and 100 the next day. inconsistency sucks!

« Keith »

Started with low 80s in June and I was striking the ball really well, just needed to bring it together. Fast forward to now and I'm playing like crap, but I'm still only shooting in the upper 80s.

Hopefully I get back to where I was a month ago with the addition of a new driver and a lesson with the pro at my course.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

Last year my range was 75 to 91.

After a lesson this year, the range is from 77 to 86. Getting a little tighter, which is what I'm after. Once I get it within a range of a few strokes, I'll work on getting it lower and lower.

I'm erratic as heck. Sometimes I'll be paired with someone during a hot round and he'll ask me my handicap and if I played in college, etc. Other rounds the same type of guy will be offering one pointer after another.

And it's justified. I'll play a round near par once in a while, then something wild in the 90s when I'm begging for a par. I think it stems from being 6-4. Everyone I play with who is similarly tall seems to be very inconsistent, especially if you're older and don't play as often as ideal. I'm also more scattergun at this weight, slightly above 200. I'm definitely a better player in the 180s but I seldom get there. My teenage peak I was a 165-170 rail.

It all depends on driving and putting. Driver has been my worst club post-persimmon. The 45 inch length seems to exaggerate my misses. I'm seriously thinking about reshafting a pristine Powerbilt Super Citation persimmon driver at 240cc in the 44 inch range and giving it a try.

I putt both ways righty and lefty depending on the break with an old Bullseye Wide Blade. That can feel like stealing when I'm on and never facing a slider. Other days you run it past lefty then miss coming back righty, and playing partners are stifling a chuckle.

DJ hang in there, we're all in this boat together, shoot even the Pro's have their bad days (yeah if shooting a 75-80 is bad).......there are days when you strike the ball well but your score doesn't show it, or vice versa where you strike the ball terribly but your score isn't as bad as you thought.......we have and we will all be like this from time 2 time.....after all isn't that what makes this a great sport?...

late june high 80's low 90's.. all of a sudden i'm hitting 48-52ish more from 9. Twice I have gone from 48 on the front to 42 on the back for a 90.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

I to have gone thru this. 2 rounds in the 80's then 5 in the low 70's thinking this is easy then back to 80, rinse and repeat!
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

Extreme ups and downs aren't uncommon in the world of golf, as many of us have found out lol. It's something that is called "Quick Sand" Sure one day on the course after playing many normal rounds perhaps slowly gettting better etc. Then u come upon a day where u might even shoot one of your best scores and feel like u just hit jackpot. Then you come into your following round after that outstanding game u last played and you start bad right off the tee box. This is where quick sand comes in and takes control of you. Quick Sand (the harder u try to get out, the farther u sink) In golf terms this means u hit one bad shot and on the next one your thinking so hard not to have another bad shot that u keep getting worse. Hence your sinking.

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

Yeah - I was gonna make a thread on it but you beat me to it.

One month ago - I couldn't chip to save my life it was brutal. Two weeks ago, my irons were so hot I could pick parts of the green, and nail them (for a 22..that's saying something). I was putting well, but my driver was awful.

Now? I couldn't mishit a chip to save my life - everything, boom 3 feet, boom 4 feet from the cup. My irons? I'm hitting a good iron shot maybe 1 in 3. My putting is oddly off but that won't last longer than today, I'll be sure of that. And my driver? Better than ever, hit my longest drive today - 260 in the fairway.

Golf is a B**** sometimes.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Note: This thread is 5751 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!