IGNORED

TaylorMade Burner Steel v Burner TP (fairway)

Note: This thread is 4308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm on the hunt for a 3 wood, and have seen these

Taylormade Burner Steel 15* 3 wood

Taylormade Burner TP 14.5* 3 wood

From what I can see on the TM website, the differences between the 2 are pretty obvious; TP version has no draw bias, smaller head and heavier shaft.

Anyone hit the 2 side by side and have comments on the performance of both?

I preferred the look and weight of the TP model, but have not had a hit of either.

I'm yet to actually try them out on the range.

I guess the other option is the Tour Burner that has recently come out, but its a bit more $$$

Cheers

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

• 2 weeks later...
nobody tried both? I've not managed to find them anywhere to try them out as they are now previous models...

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

I've hit both, the TP head is much smaller and it actually has a decent shaft. The shaft in the regular model is terrible.

I hit both pretty well off a tee but definitely preferred the TP off the ground.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

• 3 years later...
I used the Taylor-Made TP driver w/ TP shaft along w/ the 17.5 five wood TP. The TP shaft is a regular but seems much stronger that other regulars. If I'm buying Taylor-Made, I'm looking hard at the TP models. Also, the sound of the TP clubs is SOLID which is good for the mental side of the swing.

Note: This thread is 4308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!