IGNORED

Finally got my new irons! :]

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, new to me at least.

I scored a set of Titleist 762's last week for $125. They came in on Monday and took them out on the course to play 9 on Tuesday. All I can say is wow. These clubs feel great! I'll try to get some pics up in a bit.

It took me a few holes to get used to them because I upgraded from 96 Big Berthas. I'm hoping these irons will take my game to the next level.

So what do you guys think of these irons? Anyone have them? Are these irons considered blades? I did a lot of research beforehand and didn't get a lot of info.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

The 762 DCI irons are cavity backs.

http://www.titleist.com/historical_c...p?id=73&bhcp;=1

S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

Where did you get them? I wanna score them for $125!

Congrats on the new set of sticks!
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I got them on Ebay. I usually don't buy my equipment there but the guy had 100% feedback and the price was awesome. They also had brand new Winn Xi7 grips on too. Here are some pics:

- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Nice score on the new irons! I'm ordering mine tommorrow!

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Wow. That's excellent quality for that price.

How do they play? And how old is that model of irons? I can't find them new anywhere (or even in good quality. Ebay is selling them for $160+ and they are decent condition)
What I Play:

Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

They play awesome. My misshits are a lot less forgiving than my old Big Bertha's. But when I get a clean, solid strike in the sweetspot, it's as smooth as butter!

According to the Titleist archives website, these irons were produced between 2001-2003. So somewhere around there.

I jumped on this deal because I saw these irons for $160+ all over the place. As soon as I saw this listing, I used the Buy It Now option. I guess it was just perfect timing.

Also, do you guys know where I can get the exact info on these clubs? I have the stamped serial number here. Can I just goto the Titleist website or something?

They play awesome. My misshits are a lot less forgiving than my old Big Bertha's. But when I get a clean, solid strike in the sweetspot, it's as smooth as butter!

Now all you need is a putter! ;)

What I Play:

Cool. $125 is a steal. I sold a set of those for a friend of mine with a buy-it-now of $199. They went quick at that price.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Now all you need is a putter! ;)

Very true.

congrats!
i, too, play with a set of DCI's
you wont regret them one bit!
In The Bag...

Nike Nike SQ SUMO 5000 9.5*(UST ProForce V2 Stiff)
Titleist 975F 13.5* (Dynamic Gold S300)
Titleist DCI 990 2-PW (Dynamic Gold S300)Nike Forged Unchromed 53*Nike Forged Chrome 60*Ping G2i Craz-e

what a great value. Congrats on the new purchase.

Driver: 3DX Square 12*
3Wood: 30 dollar dicks piece of ____
Hybrids:3DX 20* and 23*
Irons:3DX Red 5-PW
Wedge:Vokey Spin Milled 56.10PutterDF-990 33 in

I too play the 762's and love them. You should like them alot. Very solid sweetspot yet very forgiving as well. I'm thinking about going to the 735's next year but it is very hard to let these go.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Thanks guys! I'm enjoying them very much. I love them and I don't plan to get new ones for a couple years. Unless Titleist comes out with something ridiculous. :p

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!