IGNORED

Master Scotty Cameron Putters: Worth It or Not? Thread

Note: This thread is 3759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've tried several Scotty's of different models and I still don't see what the hype is about. My $90 putter rolls just as true. Doesn't look as cool, but I can't tell a noticeable difference in feel or accuracy.

Actually the best putter I've ever tried was the TM Spider. The head weight is perfect and it just seems to flow right off the face. I'm too cheap to spend $200 on a putter right now, so I went with the Ping Karsten Series.

Yogi, Yogi, Yogi...

Your arguments are so ridiculous. The mere fact you cannot believe someone can tell the difference between a premium tour ball and a mid range ball (2 piece vs 3 piece) shows how little you know about the game of golf. They don't even have the the same look to them because of the different materials used to make the covers. Heck, I can even tell the difference between the types of premium balls (proV1 vs ProvIX) by the way they behave when I hit them with a wedge.

As far as Scotty Cameron putters go, I personally think they are the best. The attention to detail makes them second to none. If you don't agree then whatever. I don't put much faith in the opinion of a guy who can't tell the simple difference between an NXT and a ProV1.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Both. Most of the time, if you have a Scotty Cameron, you'll feel more confident.

yes you are correct..... when i seen the scotty circa 62 model 1 i freaked for it and i love it it just looks so good to me and makes me want to drain those putts

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

You're an idiot and rude. Done talking to you. You obviously are here to argue and fight about something that I was sharing my feelings on. It's funny I received comments from members who shared my opinion but wouldn't say so publicly.

Done talking to you? What are you, seven?

There is more than just the bragging rights reason why so many people use a Cameron and Pro V1's. Get over it.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Two things. First off, you can tell the difference strictly by looking at them. 2nd thing. I believe NXT Tours are 3 piece balls as well.

the nxt is a two piece ball

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

the nxt is a two piece ball

NXT Tours were changed to a 3 piece ball in 2005.

What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

really... wow, never knew that man..

thanks for pointing that out!

then it comes down to the cover, because its noticably harder and clickier than a premium ball

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Alright time to put this one to bed. For $150 you can get a studio stainless, studio style, and a few studio selects in decent condition on ebay and used golf stores. Try the putter out, if its for you, great, send it into the custom shop in a few years ($150 for the refinish ($300 makes it the same price as a new scotty), and you have a new putter, with custom paintfill. Also you can send it to Black Oxide Services or other websites for less to refinish. That way you have a new putter for gaming for the same/slightly less than a new one. If you don't like it back on ebay and you will get about the same you paid maybe a little less, maybe a little more.

Peace and love, guys. Golf is a game of patience and a test of wills.

At the end of the day, even the pros go through bad days, and as with all games like tennis, the condition of the equipment plays a huge psychological role in determining the end result.

Okay, we cannot fault the fact that technique plays a huge role in success on the green or on the court. No matter how expensive your equipment, if your technique isn't sound and CONSISTENT, your game will still remain in the gutter. But if you are comfortable with your equipment, then bad technique will stick out like a sore thumb and you will be encouraged to not fault equipment and take a serious look at improving technique.

Now, for those who already have consistent technique: like I said, even the pros have bad days. This is where have an extra edge like better balls and equipment will boost the psychological aspect.

I can't profess that I'm a scratch golfer or a Div I tennis player, but I can definitely profess that I will find all ways and means to improve my game and technique.

We will never stop learning till the day we gasp our last breath, so let's spend the energy encouraging and complimenting each other, rather than wasting the energy negatively by tearing our hair out or banging our heads against walls.

Peace?

In my bag:
Burner 9.5
NDS 3 wood
Tight Lies i-wood 18 deg
Irons: X-14 3-PWHippo Ni-S56/10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2

Keep your Odyssey putter.I have the White Hot Tour #1 and its great I never 3 putt with my putter.Best feeling putter I ever had!

In My Weekender Bag
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000 9.5
Irons: Big Bertha 96's 2-pw-sw
Wedge: Forged X-Tour 58*
Putter: White Hot Tour Putter #1Ball: e6+14 Years old

The simple one word answer is definately yes. I have a custom cut scotty studio style newport 2 32.5" and love it to death.

Sure, you can putt with mallet if you want to and it might even work for some people but there isn't a putter out there that has the feel and response off the head than a scotty putter.

If thats important to you then you can't beat a scotty. Thats just the way it is.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

they have a really nice feel to em. i advise u to get a putter u like physically because your putting stroke mostly relies from the confidence u put in every putt.
What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

Keep your Odyssey putter.I have the White Hot Tour #1 and its great I never 3 putt with my putter.Best feeling putter I ever had!

I bought my odyssey 2 years ago and it's a mallet and also 31" long, I'm 6'0" and like the feel of a 34" putter. I also like the regular style putters better and think I need a new putter thats why the change. I don't dislike any putter brands , I just wanted to see what people thoughts were on the scotty camerons.

In the bag
driver- G5
3wood-
5wood-
irons- cpr 4-pw[B]wedges[/B]- 52,56,60 cg12putter-odyssey:

I recently put my SC back in the bag and i love it. It is a J.A.T. prototype with a winn grip. I tried the 2 ball putter and could not make anything. I even went Back to a Cobra putter that was available in the early 90's. My opinion is that scotty cameron putters are the best on the market right now, I won't putt with anything else.

What I play:
Titleist 905R 7.5* w/ Graphite Design YS-6+
Titleist 906F2 15* w/ Aldilla NVS 75s
Titleist 690mb (2-pw) w/ Dynamic Gold S300
Titleist Vokey spin milled 54* 60* wedges Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Heavy Titleist ProV1x ball

I would give C&L; a look. Hand-milled, which that right there gives you some of the best feeling putters around, and you can get it to look exactly how you want. Just tell em how to make the stamping on it. And for 279, its a steal. Getting mine after christmas.

Scotty's are great, but i dont like the looks of any of the new ones. the Pro Platinum, and Studio stainless are the best ones, in my mind,
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Note: This thread is 3759 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!