• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ECT

Hawaii here I come!

21 posts in this topic

Getting ready for my annual Hawaii trip! These past few months have been busy with preparing for my youngest daughter's wedding at the Turtle Bay Resort on of the North Shore of Oahu. I still need to finalize many more details for this wedding not to mention the trip itself. I plan to also travel to Maui to do some golfing and getting as much photography in to add to my travel blog as well as my Hawaii eCards postcards site. So looking forward to the Haleakala, golfing, Lavender and mainly "hanging out" on Maui. And hubby and I will be traveling with golfing friends who have never traveled to Hawaii! It will be a treat to show them around and to have them experience the culture and beauty of our 50th state! Some of the courses I hope we can golf at: Coral Creek, Waikele, Turtle Bay Resort, Luana Hills, Ko'olau, Waimanalo, Hawaii Kai, Ka'anapali.

Here's a photo of Luana Hills that I took last year. I won two free rounds to golf here care of Hawaii.com!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I played the following golf courses in Hawaii:

Maui
Kapalua Plantation course
Mekana near the Maui Prince
1st visit to Hawaii

Hawaii
Mauna Lani
Mauna Kea
Honeymoon

Enjoy your trip and congratulation on your daughter's wedding.

congrats man on the trip and your daughters wedding....... have a fun and safe trip, hope everything goes as planed and you better not forget your camera take pics and post them man when you get back

Thanks for the congrats! Gonna be in Hawaii for 3 weeks and hope to get in as much golfing as I possibly can!! Will definitely post photos on My Hawaii Travels blog. Man, I can't wait! I so need a vacay....all this wedding planning is driving me nuts, although at this point its pretty much settled....then after this trip its on to help my oldest DD plan her wedding set for August '09!

ks8829, how'd you like playing Kapalua Plantation course?

ECT Congrats on your daughter's wedding and safe travels!

Please keep us posted, or update as soon as you get back. I have never been to Hawaii. I am headed there for ten days in September. Five in Maui, Five in Kuai.

I assume you travel with your clubs? Any advice you can lend, whether Hawaii golf related, or Hawaii tips in general would be much appreciated.

Have fun!

ECT Congrats on your daughter's wedding and safe travels!

Thanks Jay-Bird! Yep, I travel with my clubs. I have a hard case to put my golf bag into. We have never locked our golf cases and they are always inspected at the airport....they do leave a note in the case that the golf case has been inspected. I have purposely left a ziplock bag with a specific amount of loose change in my golf bag to see if any goes missing.....haven't had any money stolen out of my bag.

For this trip, we are planning an overnight stay on Maui for golfing and touring. Not sure what course we want to golf at....I guess it depends where we will end up staying and if the hotel has complimentary golf rounds for its guests. I also want to make a trip to the Haleakala as well as the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm. Enjoy your stay in Hawaii....the weather is absolutely perfect for golfing! And bring a camera with you! If I think of anymore tips, I'll post them......I am definitely posting my travel experiences onto my trip blog.

Thanks Jay-Bird! Yep, I travel with my clubs. I have a hard case to put my golf bag into. We have never locked our golf cases and they are always inspected at the airport....they do leave a note in the case that the golf case has been inspected. I have purposely left a ziplock bag with a specific amount of loose change in my golf bag to see if any goes missing.....haven't had any money stolen out of my bag.

I played many courses on Maui, and for rounds of golf, I would suggest Wailea Emerald if you are willing to pay a little more for green fee's. But if you do not want to spend a whole lot on green fee's then I would suggest going and playing The Dunes at Maui Lani, it was like $40, course is a great set up, challenging, good condition, great views, and it fairly new. Then there is also Kapalua, obviously

, and also you may want to check out Makena North or South.

I was in Kaui and Maui the end of last month/beginning of this month. I brought my sticks and only played once. Luckily it was at the Kapalua Bay course. It was pretty darn fun for sure!!! We played the blue tees and 3 out of the 4 par 5's i got on in two, and that yielded only one birdie!!! the greens there are so hard to read and the grass is strange. i had 5 3 putts that day and shot an 86. Thank god im back to putting on the bent grass here in WA but Hawaii is always a blast to visit! have a great time!!!!

Maui's best kept secret:

What course is this???

What course is this???

Waiehu Golf Course. The only municipal course on the island.

$45.

Maui's best kept secret:

Ooohhh....*drooling*

Did you take that photo.....damn gorgeous shot! I cannot wait to go to Hawaii! The other couple is coming over next monday so that we can finalize our Maui trip. Hubby wants to take the Hawaii Super[barf]ferry over so that we can bring the car rental over. Told him go ahead, I'm taking a plane because I get major seasick!

Waiehu Golf Course. The only municipal course on the island.

Pukalani is also a municipal course on Maui

Pukalani is also a municipal course on Maui

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is. A "Municipal" golf course is one that is owned buy the local govt.

I think Pukalani, while open to the public, is privately owned. But, the most important thing, IMO, is that Waiehu is $45 - nearly half the cost of Pukalani. And it is the ONLY course on the island that allows walking.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is. A "Municipal" golf course is one that is owned buy the local govt.

I walked Makena, and Pukalani isn't that expensive, probably around the same price as the one you are talking about, my mom paid like $50 for Pukalani