IGNORED

PGA Championship

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who's your pick to win the PGA Championship this week at Oakland Hills?

1) Vijay Sing
2) Phil Mickelson
3) Adam Scott
4) Anthony Kim
5) Kenny Perry
6) ?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with Vijay (if he can putt). He has had some success in this tournament.

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 9*
3 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 13* 5 Wood: cleveland.gif Launcher 19*
Irons: cleveland.gif CG1 Black Pearl 3-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gif CG12 Black Pearl 52 & 58 Degree     Putter: cameron.gif California Coronado
http://twitter.com/BFlynn23

I'm thinking KP.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Phill is due to put it all together for one week and I think this is it.Phill by 4

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Sergio for his first major.
(He played well at Oakland Hills before in the Ryder Cup too)

Driver: KZG Gemini 10.5° Custom Build (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
7 Wood: Mizuno MP001 21° (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (3i-PW)
GW/SW/LW: Cleveland 900 Tour Action 52°/56°/60°
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
Ball: TaylorMade TP Red / Srixon Z-Star

Count me as one of the guys eagerly anticipating the PGA, I can't wait!!

My picks:

Winner- Phil Mickelson. Clearly he's playing well by the Bridgestone result, he'll work on what cost him there and he'll bounce back. Vijay won't win cuz he can't putt, simple as that. Westwood is a good pick, but not gonna happen for big L this week. Sergio....he's a mush head, no way.

Sleeper- DL3 has gotten a lot of press from the experts as someone who might contend and I'm with them, I expect a top 15 from Davis, I would love to see him actually win! Hunter Mahan might sneak up in the mix as well, a solid finish would cement his Ryder Cup status and then hold on for all of the talk of his comments earlier regarding players being slaves....

Emotional Fav (to me)- Bubba Watson. I'd love to see Bubba get back in the middle of winning, he seems to be in a bit of a valley right now, he's due to break out and finish real high. Let's get Bubba in the mix and get him some Ryder Cup looks!!!

Disappointments- Sergio Garcia. Geoff Ogilvy. Kenny Perry. Vijay Singh.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Disappointments- Sergio Garcia. Geoff Ogilvy. Kenny Perry. Vijay Singh.

I agree with Sergio. And I'd throw Phil into the disappointment list after last Sunday's 3 late bogeys (ouch); a popular pick, yes, but having a rough go these last couple of years. IMHO, KP's 3 wins this season moves him into the higher possibles list.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Rocco.

I saw an interesting stat and I think it was something like seven players who finished runner-up at the US Open went on to win the PGA Championship.

I'm pumped for the event too except for the fact I won't be able to see the 3rd and 4th rounds.

I've seen a lot of people listing Sergio as a disappointment, but I just can't see why. He always seems to put himself in contention, even if he has a shaky round or two during the week. I don't think he will win at Oakland Hills, but he should play well. He is possibly the best ball striker not named Tiger Woods, and that will enable him to put his approach shots in scoring positions. His putting is always suspect, but he can two-putt for pars all week and still be just fine. The scoring won't be that good for the most part, and that will definitely play in his favor just as it did at The Players.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I vote for VJ if the putting is there, if not Phil.

Titleist 983E 9.5 Accra 65 Stiff Shaft
Titleist 906f2 15 Bassara Stiff
TM Burner Rescue 19
Titleist AP2 4-PW
Titleist Vokey 52, 56 Ping Craze g2i

Anthony Kim

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

My Fearless Predictions for the PGA Championship

1. Tiger Woods will not win.
2. At least two players will shoot a round in the 80s on Thursday and not come back for Friday.
3. John Daly will not be one of the players who withdraw.
4. The 36-hole leader will fall out of contention during the weekend with two rounds over 75.
5. The 36-hole leader will hail from the Southern Hemisphere.
6. For all of the hullabaloo about Kenny Perry and Rocco Mediate coming into this tournament, neither will finish in the top 25.
7. An Asian player will finish in the top 10. (By "Asian," I mean a player representing an Asian country. In other words, Vijay Singh and Anthony Kim don't count.)
8. Speaking of Anthony Kim, he will not be a factor during most of the weekend, but will still sneak into a top-15 finish.
9. Phil Mickelson will play in one of the final three groups on Sunday.
10. The winning player will shoot a round of 68 or better on Sunday.
11. The winning score will be 276, 4 under par.
12. The winning player will be under 30 years of age.
13. The winning player will not be European.
14. A club pro will finish the tournament inside the top 40.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Sergio for his first major.

Agreed.

Im gonna pick Phil to be a contender in there Sergio to win and I think Bubba Watson may surprise if he can string a few good rounds together. He was sneaky good at the 07 US Open when it was a tough one.

In My Bag:

Driver - Tour Burner TP w/ Diamana Whiteboard 65g Stiff
3 Wood - Sumo 2 13* Stiff
5 Wood - HiBore 19* Gold StiffIrons - Tour Burner Irons 4-Aw StiffWedge - CG12 56, X-Forged 64Putters - Seemore FGP

Note: This thread is 5729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!