IGNORED

PGA Championship

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I want Phil to win but the greens are crazy at Oakland so im clueless! Phil has bad speed control on the greens

Driver: Titleist D2, 9.5* loft, Aldila VooDoo XS, IOMIC Grip Red
Fairway: Titleist 906 F2, 13* and 18* loft, Fujikura 757 Tour Spec. XS, IOMIC Grip Black
Irons: Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype 3-9, Project X 6.5, IOMIC Grip Black
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 48*, Titleist Proto Vokey 52*, Titleist...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Ernie
2)Retief

One of the South Africans will bring it home for sure. Both have been playing well, just haven't put everything together for 72 holes yet. One of them does this week.

I want Phil to win but the greens are crazy at Oakland so im clueless! Phil has bad speed control on the greens

I agree, Phil has good speed control on the greens, if he can keep his head together and keep everything going the right direction he'll certainly be in the mix, does he hold on to win.....no. I'd love to see it, but it won't happen.

Total $ Worth: FOR all SHAFTS: About $1000 (TOUR ISSUE) IRONS / WEDGES: About $2000 (some Rare/ Proto) Putter: About $500 (rare) For all 14 IOMIC GRIPS: About $280 Balls: About $45 per dozen. TOTAL: About $3825+

Can I just make an unsolicited and completely unrelated comment? I'm trying to figure out a way to say this without sounding like a complete a$$, but what's the point of the total $ worth on the end of your sig? So you have nice equipment....big deal. Again, nothing personal against you because frankly I don't know you and this is probably the first post I've read of your's, but hardly relevant.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I agree, Phil has good speed control on the greens, if he can keep his head together and keep everything going the right direction he'll certainly be in the mix, does he hold on to win.....no. I'd love to see it, but it won't happen.

and besides 14 Iomic grips are 180 not 280 :o I think hes just trying to impress everyone with his money.

In My Bag:

Driver - Tour Burner TP w/ Diamana Whiteboard 65g Stiff
3 Wood - Sumo 2 13* Stiff
5 Wood - HiBore 19* Gold StiffIrons - Tour Burner Irons 4-Aw StiffWedge - CG12 56, X-Forged 64Putters - Seemore FGP

I hope Anthony Kim wins or of course my favorite Bubba Watson. I just hope there are some good names atop the leaderboard come Sunday to make it a dramatic finish.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I notice how no one has mentioned K.J. Choi or Stewart Cink. While I'm not sure they will win, I would imagine both could fair decently well.

I also like how Goosen and Harrington are playing. Especially Goosen on the dirty greens of Oakland Hills.

I guess KP knew what he was doing by not playing in the other majors. Not going well for him.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

My Fearless Predictions for the PGA Championship

Need to keep a scorecard for all of this....hahaha, good stuff and I agree with some of them. I particularly like #'s 4, 5, 8, and 14. My top 5 are: 1 - Padraig Harrington - how about back to back majors? 2 - Sergio - love his power game, but his putter... not so nice... 3 - Goosen - steady, but can he make some putts? 4 - Furyk - can he step it up on Sunday? 5 - Mickelson - try hitting some fairways, good lord? and a top 10 for Anthony Kim (he's fun to watch)

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

Watched the whole thing today:

Vijay's putting is still terrible & Started off terrible
Padraig/Goosen started off amazing
Heith Slocom had an amazing eagle today
I was suprised to See John Daly
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I was suprised to See John Daly

why? he's won it, so he automatically qualifies. i'd be surprised if he wasn't there, considering his position.

My Blog

Need to keep a scorecard for all of this....hahaha, good stuff and I agree with some of them.

Round 1 Update (or most of it, at least) 1. Tiger has incredibly yet to give up a single stroke to this golf course. At this rate, he'll pummel the record score in a major by 63 shots...What? He's not actually playing? Never mind. 2. Kenny Perry, 79, WD. One down, one to go. 3. Long John came in with 74, and he still has a good shot at the weekend. 4-5. Six Aussies, two Argentines, and an Afrikaner are within three shots of the Thursday lead. Three more South Africans are four back. One of them needs to put up a low score and choke. 6. Perry's withdrawn, Rocco's in a tie for 48th. 7. Jeev Milkha Singh (India) is the leader in the clubhouse; Charlie Wi (South Korea) is at even par. Let's hope they can keep it up. Unfortunately, the two players I had in mind when making this prediction (Choi and Imada) are a combined 18 over par. 8. AK scores a solid 70 on day one, tied for eighth, but a little too far in contention for my liking. 9. Phil's at even par, well on his way to a good tournament. 10-11. If it rains again during the weekend, the greens might soften up enough to allow low scores. If it stays dry, the scores are going to go up. 12-13. Meeting the criteria and within four of the lead: Romero, O'Hair, Kim, Moore, Baddeley, Thompson, Snedeker, Holmes, Mallinger, Trahan, Howell, Merrick. Those are some good players there. 14. Frank Esposito, Jr. is +1 after the first day.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I think with the rain they got up there today the course is going to play a lot easier tomorrow. Hopefully Rocco can get back into contention.

Go Anthony !!!

In the voyage :

905R 9.5° NV75 s
SS-03 14° VS proto 80 s
Idea Pro 18° VS proto 80 s690 mb DG S300Vokey 200 54.10Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Studio Select Newport 2 34' One Platinum

go jeev mikha singh! my father was viceroy montbattten's pilot in india during ww2. as a young boy, instead of riding around on a bicycle, i would attach my bicycle to other kids bikes and get pulled around. from these and other signs i knew i was not of this hemisphere. when i asked my dad if he got a blessing from a holy man for me to be his son and take birth in the west, he said the only blessings he ever recieved were from the prostitutes and so i am the incarnation of the blessings of the prostitutes of india and so this is why i am rooting for jeev mikha singh.

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Note: This thread is 5728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!