IGNORED

F2 wedge? I bought it!

Sando
Note: This thread is 3492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I fell for the brainwash. After seing the F2 wedge commercial on TGC for the umpteenth time, I actually bought the damn thing from a guy on EBay. I can't go wrong at $75 shipped. Supposedly the face forward of the hosel allows for better shots. Course, nobody on tour plays it so how good can it be?

Does this thing work? I gots to know...

I fell for the brainwash. After seing the F2 wedge commercial on TGC for the umpteenth time, I actually bought the damn thing from a guy on EBay. I can't go wrong at $75 shipped. Supposedly the face forward of the hosel allows for better shots. Course, nobody on tour plays it so how good can it be?

Well I watched the infomercial and while it looks like it could have some potential I don't think I could put that in my bag. I'll be interested to see how you like it though. Be sure to let us know

One of the recent golf magazines had a little blurb about it...

"Yet the F2 felt at home in the short grass and excelled from the nasty stuff, cutting through sand and rough like the Jaws of Life. Our tester couldn't shank it even when he tried to hosel it. If you are a chronic shanker give the F2 a try." (January issue of Golf Magazine. Page 28)

I looked at them on ebay (and the Solus as well) but just could not get myself to buy a club sight unseen. My games sucks, but I do ok at times with the wedges. I was hoping something like the F2 would take me from sucky to semi-sucky so let us know how it works for you.

Ok I knew I just read a bit about them a while back. Thanks cmarkmyers for reminding me where I saw it. Here was my favorite part of that little review.

It's like being married to an ugly girl who sure can cook.

My F2 arrived today, thanks to the speedy efforts of the UPS Man. So I thought I'd give you my initial impressions.

It's different. The hosel is up high, which pushes the clubhead forward. Otherwise, it appears to me to be a traditional clubhead in style and shape. The face is smoth with grooves that appear thinner and less deep than in my old, no name 56.

I jammed up to my local course to hit some shots on the chipping green. The ball seems to spin vertically moreso than I'm used to. It also lands softly and rolls out more than my old 56. I was able to compensate for this rather easily.

I absolutely COULD NOT shank it. Believe me I know how. I tried my best. I found that the more shallow I took the club back caused a more flop-like result in ball flight. I'm used to taking the club back more vertically when using the 56 greenside. I did hit some fat shots but that was because of bad technique.

All told, I hit at least 100 shots. 10 fat, 2 thin and the rest workable if not downright good. I like it because I was able to make it work with very little effort. That earns it a thumbs up from me, at least on the practice green.

I absolutely COULD NOT shank it. Believe I know how. I tried my best. I found that the more shallow I took the club back caused a more flop-like result in ball flight. I'm used to taking the club back more vertically when using the 56 greenside. I did hit some fat shots but that was because of bad technique.

Man, makes me wish I had jumped on that ebay auction myself. Glad you like it and I hope it performs as well next time you play. I just bought a new wedge myself, but maybe next year I will consider those.

• 3 weeks later...
Someone had one at the range today (60 degree) and he seemed pretty pleased with it. He was sure he was getting a bit more spin.

I took a few shots with it and other than thinning a couple :p everything did go straight. And I tend to shank quite a few before I get warmed up (and this was the first time I swung a club in a while).

Later I hit my regular lob wedge and it is difficult to tell but I am sure I was hitting a little bit further with the standard wedge. Still, I liked it, and I might consider getting one myself, as they have a 58 degree. If I go that route, I don't need a 56 and a 60 so the $100 for the F2 works out to a pretty good deal.

• 8 years later...

I bought one in May and after only using it less than 35 or 40 swings the 56 degree wedge is something like 15 or 20 degrees. I have not hit any roots or anything other than sand or grass while using this club. I examined it against a regular 56 degree wedge and I noticed that the shaft where it bends back to achieve the F2 offset is alot thinner than other standard clubs. this is probably why it changed pitch so easily. I had it looked at and was told it would just change again in normal use if it was possible to re-obtain the 56 degree that it once was. To the best of my knowledge I have never complain about any product that I have purchased anywhere at anytime but this is in my opinion not a good product. I am 69 years old and I do not desire to go through the hassle of returning the club for a partial refund. I certainly do not want to try another one. I will go back to buying my clubs locally from  Dicks and not over the internet . I know some will say I am wrong in my attitude but I am to old to argue. Hit them straight and have a good and Godly day.

The scientific principle behind the F2 wedge is what's called onset . It's the opposite of offset.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I could shank that sucker no problem.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 3492 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!