IGNORED

Indiana Golf

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Perhaps I can revive this thread.

Are there any less-challenging courses around central Indiana that are well-maintained? To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I would consider the Sycamore course at Eagle Creek difficult, and I won't even bother with a place like Purgatory yet.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Are there any less-challenging courses around central Indiana that are well-maintained? To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I would consider the Sycamore course at Eagle Creek difficult, and I won't even bother with a place like Purgatory yet.

For the money, I think that Fox Prairie in Noblesville is a good course. I go there with friends a decent amount. It's $27 to walk on weekend and in good shape.

Also, Hickory Stick on the south side is in good shape and not too difficult. You might also try River Glen or Gray Eagle on the north east side. Wood Wind in Carmel is maintained fairly well and is pretty easy to find balls on, but it can get awfully crowded. For the money, I think the best course for a mid to high handicapper (especially one who isn't too long of a hitter) is South Grove downtown. It's in the best shape of all the munis, though not too interesting for better players. Good luck.

Driver: G5 w/ ProLaunch Blue (Stiff)
3-wood: Rapture 14 degree w/ TFC 909 (Stiff)
5-wood: G5 w/ ProLaunch Blue (Stiff)

Irons: 4-GW G10 w/AWT Stiff Maroon DotWedges Vokey 56.12 and 60.10Putter: Redwood Anser 2 Green DotBall: ProV1

Quail Crossing: Boonville Indiana

I am a member here, so that is a automatic plus. (JK) Okay, here goes.

Quail crossing is an amazing course to say the least. The course itsslef is 6758 from the golds and 6012 from the whites. They also have green (ladies) and blue (between the whites and golds). It has three par 3's 11 par 4's and 4 par 5's. Their holes are a pleasure to play, and most of the players I have run into are great people. The course is well kept, with very clear signs in areas that carts should, and shouldn't be taken on different days. It has a few rustic barns around the course, and a foundation of what seems to be an old barn next to a tee box of a par 4. Like I said this is a fun and well kept course.

The course is a community as well, so there are houses scattered about the course, a few holes lined with houses. The greens are very fun to play, and the holes are constantly moved around, so it is always a "different" hole. The tee boxes are well cut, and the fairways are decent, though some weekend warriors dont replace holes too much. The carts are electric and very quiet. This is quite a hilly course, but not over whelming. The par 3's are a absolute blast to play, as are the par 5's. Trees are ample, and I donot believe there is one hole that doesn't contain a sand trap. The first nine bring you around and back to the clubhouse where there is a bar and a big screen, and then you shoot out onto the back nine, which again, bring you to the club house. There are water coolers at many holes, accompanied by paper cups in case you get thirsty. My only complaint is some people are painfully slow, but most will let you play through. There are many lakes and creeks here as well.

There is a chipping green, a seperate putting green, and a very large driving range, with greens scatterd about at 150-300 yard marks.

I believe it is $44 to play 18 with a cart on the weekend, and if you are ever in or around Evansville/Newburgh/Boonville, I invite you to play a round of golf at Quail Crossing.

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

I played Blackthorn GC in S. Bend last Friday. I found it be a beautiful and challenging course.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

For the money, I think that Fox Prairie in Noblesville is a good course. I go there with friends a decent amount. It's $27 to walk on weekend and in good shape.

Thanks for the suggestions! I work downtown so I will have to check out South Grove. It sounds like my kind of place for now.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

So I havent really seen anyone talk much about northern Indiana golf yet so ill throw out a few courses for you northerners. Yeah I currently live in Jacksonville Florida so if you have any plans coming down this way let me know and I can point the hoosiers in the right direction.

#1 Rock Hollow Golf Course; Peru, Indiana....Probably one of the best kept secrets in the state. Imaculate condition every time I have played it. Can play tough. Built on old stone quarry in the middle of nowhere with lots off woods. Beautiful course. Greens fees typically run about 40-50 dollars. bout an hour and 15 minutes north of Indy.

#2 Cherry Hill Golf Club; Fort Wayne, Indiana....Newer subdivision course that is very playable complete with an island green and some very creative holes. 35-45$

#3 Mystic Hills; Culver, Indiana....Located off of Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver. Sweet little course. Front nine is a links style that is wide open for bombing but can get you into some major trouble if the wind is blowing (links style with what I refer to as the Sh*t). Back nine is a lot tighter and has some cool holes as well. P.B. Dye design. Definately a must play for anyone in the area or driving through...bout 35 minutes south of south bend.

#4 Cedar Creek Golf Club; Leo, Indiana...Only played a few times before I moved to florida for the golf year round. Traditional indiana course with massive greens which makes it fun. Not many homes on the course with some very nice elavation changes. Always kept in very good shape and just a really nice course to play. 30-45$

#5 Round Barn Golf club at Mill Creek; I am being a Homer here but my hometown golf club is a fun course. The course that I learned how to play the game as a 9 year old. Only been playing for real for about 3 years. Didnt play from ages 12-20 then picked it back up. Provides enough challenge for the good player with water coming into play 9 of 18 holes. Tips play a 72.5 at 6700 yards or something like that.....Very affordable public course run by the city of Rochester 18 holes and a cart is 29 bucks or something like that...

Driver: R5 XL with Fujikira Stiff Shaft
3Wood: T60 Ignite
Irons: 735 CM with S300 Shafts
56 Degree: Carnoustie Black
60 Degree: Carnoustie BlackPutter: 34" Mini T White IceBall: : WhateverShoes: Icon Snake SkinGolf is the only sport where they encourage drug use and its not illegal,...

The courses i play at are all in Bloomington:

Eagle Pointe Golf Course
Bloomington Country Club
Cascades Golf Course

I enjoy the country club the most but it is a private course. Cascades is by far the worst out of the 3 because I feel like it is maintained as little as possible

Driver: R9 Supertri
Hybrid: Raylor 22*
Irons: AP2 710 3-PW
Wedges: Spin Milled 54* 60*
Putter: White Ice #1

• 3 years later...

Brickyard Crossing is an excellent golf course.. fairways impressed me the most.. like carpet! by the far the nicest course ive ever played on.. 100 bucks a round.. nice golf carts with gps built in..greens are fast and sloped.. 4 holes are in the motor speedway track.. beautiful course definitely worth checking out.. designed by pete dye

• 1 month later...

One place I wouldn't play is Hulman Links in Terre Haute.  Have played it twice in the last two years and couldn't have been more disappointed. Scraggly, hard pan rough. Fairways that were actually under repair and had no growth to speak of in June. Terrible sand in the bunkers etc. etc.

When I lived in Indiana 25 years ago this course frequently appeared on the top 75 "Best Courses You Can Play" lists.  I played it many times back then and always enjoyed it. The course was extremely well maintained and other than the Par 5 #11 very well designed. Too bad it has fallen into such disrepair.

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!