IGNORED

New Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2009 out next Friday

Dub
Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.easports.com/tigerwoods09/

My son and I are ready....game was preordered a couple of weeks back. It should be a lot of fun with the WII.

I hope that it isn't overly complicated, though.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I pre-ordered it for the Xbox 360 even though I have a Wii too. The online play will no doubt be better over Xbox Live, the graphics obviously better, and so on.

I had bad, bad, bad experience with the first Tiger Woods for the Wii. Massive disappointment. I heard that the motion sensing is much improved in this version, but I don't trust it enough to give up the other things. Maybe 2010. We'll have to have a tournament someday...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My bro will probably get it for his bday in early September.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

To be honest, I don't like it... like I said in a previous post, the HUD is too bunched, it's too flashy, and to add.. the announcers are terrible!!!! The club tuner is kind of boring as well.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I pre-ordered it for the Xbox 360 even though I have a Wii too. The online play will no doubt be better over Xbox Live, the graphics obviously better, and so on.

What's your username on XBOX Live? What games do you play?

I may pick it up eventually when I can scramble some cash together, but I've been to busy playing Madden NFL 2009 lately, haha!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
What's your username on XBOX Live? What games do you play?

I'll start another thread on this. Perhaps make it a sticky somewhere.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've only got TW '06...and found when I was mucking around that you can wear a paper bag over your head

I put brown tinted glasses, brown slacks, brown shirt and brown shoes to match. I like to think of it as Stormtroopers meets brown trousers

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Nice.. Probably the only chance I'll ever have to beat most on the board.

Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

With the addition of online play, I'll be getting the Wii version. The motion controls in last year's game were much improved over the first version, and this year's is supposed to be even better. I'm not sure if I'll get it at release or not, but I'll be getting it sometime in the next month or so.

I guess that pretty much answers that question. I played it for the Wii the first year, and the controls were terrible... So, I was going to ask if this year's version for Wii is supposed to be any better...

With the addition of online play, I'll be getting the Wii version. The motion controls in last year's game were much improved over the first version, and this year's is supposed to be even better. I'm not sure if I'll get it at release or not, but I'll be getting it sometime in the next month or so.

---
Ishy

Xtra Lite bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5°Woods: Burner 3 + 5Irons: AP1 3 - PWWedges: Vokey 50° + 56° SMPutter: White Hot Tour #1

I remember playing '04 when I was 8 or so, and that was alot of fun. From '06 to now, the games have been to complicated.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I remember playing '04 when I was 8 or so, and that was alot of fun. From '06 to now, the games have been to complicated.

Or your just not good at them.

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I remember playing the original golf game on the Nintendo when I was 8. I think I might of had it for my Atari too. I guess im going to be one of the lone PS3 people who is going to pick it up next tuesday. I still havent figured out how to play online.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Can't wait for it! I have a wii and 360, and I'm definitely getting it for 360 for online play and better graphics. Plus after that commercial, how could I not get it?
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I remember playing the original golf game on the Nintendo when I was 8. I think I might of had it for my Atari too.

PS3 Owner here as well, not sure when I will be picking it up though. I am going to rent it before I buy, the demo was ok, so I want to have it for a week before I plunk down the 60 bucks.

In my Vector
Driver:
Hybrids: 3DX RC #3IW and #4IW
Irons: 3DX RC 5-PW
Wedges: SW from my old setPutter: $15 from Wal-Mart (works for me!)Ball: Currently trying out E6

Am i the only one who LOVES the game on the computer. I love the control with the mouse. I'm sure its similiar for wii but idk if ill pick it up for the wii or not. Commercials make it look great and i'm gonna get the demo on xbox.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Note: This thread is 5710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!