Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
C-Rope1

Best golf ball for seniors

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need some help. I am wanting to buy my grandfather some golf balls for Christmas, and get them personalized for him. He is not "brand loyal" when it comes to golf balls, but he does prefer a "softer" ball. What do you all suggest? He is in his early 80's. Thanks!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

He may not be loyal to any brand, but are you able to peek and see what he has in his golf bag? At least that way you can get something you know he has gotten in the past.

Sure. He has some Callaway, Some Nike and a few Titliests that Ihave seen him play personally.

Early 80's...probably has a low swing speed. Precept MC Lady? Soft ball meant for slower swing speeds.

If we're assuming he has a slow swing speed because he is in his 80's, let's assume he's of the generation that wouldn't play a ladies ball because I'll assume he's stubborn just like my dad was.

How about buying him a couple sleeves each of the balls you have seen him play and give him a smorgasbord of balls, so to speak?

How about the Nike Karma? They are a 50 compression ball, correct me if I'm wrong, 50 is the lowest they go. Also try the Pinnacle FX Gold, or the Top Flite D2 Feel.

Early 80's...probably has a low swing speed. Precept MC Lady? Soft ball meant for slower swing speeds.

This is exactly the ball I was going to suggest. I've played with a few "Champions Tour" age players in the last couple years and honestly 5 out of the 6 or 7 I've played with ALL use the Precept Lady MC.

Srixon Soft feel (would get his soft feel) or Callaway Hx Hot (maybe give him some more distance) would probably help his game.