IGNORED

Weird things that happen on your round...

Fraser
Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

was playing near dusk at night. hit a ball into a sandtrap on an uphill par 3. then saw 2 nearly naked teens running away out of the trap.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

It's not particulalry weird, but today we had a mother and baby deer running around the back nine. It's always cool when you see things like that. Oddest wildlife for me was a coyote on an Arizona course about 15 years ago (it let me get within about 100 feet of it with a camera before it ran away).
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

This weekend at a Muni we check in at the pro shop and the marshall tells us there's a single in front of us and he's kind of "off in the head". He reccomends that we not play with him so we take his advice and wait a few mins and tee off. Well there's a group of 5 playing incredibly slow in front of the single so we catch up to the single at the 4th hole. He sits at the green and waits for us to putt out and then asks if he can play with us.

The guy kind of looks like a white wanna be gangster with baggy shorts past his knees, yankees cap backwards, high top converse shoes that were dirty and tattered with the straight brim, gold chain and he talks like he's not quite all there. He then has the nerve to ask us for a beer! I looked at my friend and thought what the hell is up with this guy so we give him one because we didn't want to make the crazy guy angry. We played a par 3 with him and decided we better skip ahead before the guy goes nuts and tires to rob us it was weird.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

On the 18th hole at Douglaston, I hit my chip to within 2 feet. As all 4 balls are on the green, I go up, mark my ball, and pull out the flag.

Out pops a headless bird. Seriously. Little baby bird.

The only thing that makes sense is that the bird wandered in there during the previous group's play, and got smashed by the flagstick when they put it in.

Grossest thing I've ever seen on a golf course.

We just conceded the 2 short puts (<5 feet), and gave the 2 guys who were 15-20 feet away 2 putts. No one wanted to put their hand in that cup.

I also ushered the bird into a nearby bunker, using the flagstick.

What would you have done?

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

I also ushered the bird into a nearby bunker, using the flagstick.

You "usherd" it - do you mean by that you buried it in a bunker?

I wouldnt be to happy when i somehow land in that area and step or hit into that spot. I would have just put it somewhere in the woods - nature takes care of it.. We have quite some wildlife on the course which takes "relief" in some strange spots. One day i walk up to one of the driving range booths just to see a massive pile of shi. in the middle of the mat. Couple of weeks ago some animal had the grace to take a dump in the middle of the little tee litter boxes. Normally they are a good source of used tees, but since that day i never grabbed into that thing again. One day i played with some "not so athletic guy", topping his ball in a water hazard still playable facing a downhill slope. Probably thinking he cant afford that one stroke loss he .... hit - he lost it - splash.... He couldnt even pull him self out of the mix of water&mud; so we had to pull him out.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

You "usherd" it - do you mean by that you buried it in a bunker?

No, I left it at the top of the bunker for the ground crews to handle. The bunker was well out of play, though, given the pin placement.

There weren't woods around the green, unfortunately, and I figured handling a dead bird wasn't a good idea. The bunker was about the most away from the hole I could find. Of course, if someone horribly shanked their approach shot... I figured anywhere would be better than where we found it, right inside the cup.

In the bag...

Driver: Sumo Squared 2007 Model, 10.5, Stiff Shaft
2I: Sumo Squared Hybrid
3I-SW: Nike Ignite, Graphite Regular Shaft60 Degree: Nike SV Tour Satin BlackPutter: Newport Studio Select 2 Mid-Slant 33"Trying to figure out what 14th club to add...

I figured anywhere would be better than where we found it, right inside the cup.

Did Garcia played in front of you?

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

we have a huge goose problem, no one cared

Yeah we also have a huge human overpopulation problem too, but I bet you would mind if I pounded a bridgestone E6+ from my driver into your neck

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Yeah we also have a huge human overpopulation problem too, but I bet you would mind if I pounded a bridgestone E6+ from my driver into your neck

just bought a new blind and goose season started a few days ago, i killed a few the other morning. and by the way a goose cant swing a golf club, jerk

thts funny because we have a stuck up jerk overpopulation problem, how would you like it if i talked condensideingly about your actions

thts funny because we have a stuck up jerk overpopulation problem, how would you like it if i talked condensideingly about your actions

It seems like its the norm with this guy. Every comment he makes is like that. We should probably get back OT though.

today my friend topped a drive that bounced off the cartpath and landed in a garbage can 40 yards away.

i've played my tee shot on a par three into a bunker and had a very startled deer come bolting out. it stuck around to watch my sand shot.

and i saw a guy bury his club in the ground after flubbing a shot five feet forward only to get attacked by a momma crow residing in the nest above the tree he was under.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Cosmos,

Yeah probably, I tend to only hit to the pin with my driver. I hope your golf is better than your ability to guess how well other people play from 2000 miles away.

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Yeah, killing innocent animals for absolutely no reason is pretty mature isn't it? I'm not even against hunting (in the correct venue and if you plan to eat it) but why the hell would you kill a bird with a golf ball for fun on a course, and think it's amusing? Did your dad beat you as a kid or something?

Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

uhh the weirdest things that's happened when this bear was on the course and it just sat there on the golf cart road.
What's In My Sun Mountain Bag?
Speed LD
3,4,5 Hybrid
6,7,8,9 IronsPW
Ignite SW

A couple of weeks ago my playing partner was teeing off and hit a huge slice that bounced off a tree onto the cartpath and landed directly in front of the tee box about 10 ft. away. I said to him "It would be nice if every ball you sliced just came back to you like that." He walks up and picks the ball up and re-tees it and immediately does the exact same thing.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

Note: This thread is 3502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!