IGNORED

Weird things that happen on your round...

Fraser
Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

today i was at the 14th teebox waiting for the fw to clear...
there is a big lake right behind the teebox and water all along the right side to the green...
as i was placing my tee into the ground i heard a giant "kerplunk!!!" right behind me...
it sounded like a skydiver forgot to open his chute and splashed into the lake...
i turned around and a pelican had a huge fish flopping around in his throat or whatever it was... scared the crap outta me... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• 10 months later...
This thread has been dead for a while now, but...

While waiting on the 9th tee today, we noticed something fluttering in the sky toward the mountains from the course. At first it looked like someone parasailing, but that makes no sense over solid ground... then realized it was an umbrella. A big one, from the looks of it, probably the sort that covers a patio table. It was 500-1000 feet off the ground, just floating and tumbling and spinning free. We had a long wait and watched as it rose up to probably 1500 or 2000 feet, came part way back down, and eventually drifted out of sight to the east. It had no indication of any plans to come down. It's been pretty windy here lately, and there were some spinning vortex winds between some of the trees at one of the tee boxes, so my only guess is that someone's patio lost its umbrella and it just kept flying up.

Truly bizarre. I'm hoping there'll be a story on it in one of the local papers...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I was standing on a green when a little garter snake fell out of the sky about 10' away, bird must have had it and dropped it. Didn't see a bird, but we were surrounded by trees so it could have been out of sight by the time the snake fell and we looked up.

Found a dead raccoon, right in the middle of a fairway with one of its rear legs gone but otherwise intact. Nearest road is ~200yds away. Figured it either got hit by a car and drug itself there, or a nasty dog got ahold of it. Odd thing was that it was otherwise pristine, and there was no blood trail.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

A few weeks ago, I was playing in a club tournament. One of the guys in our foursome was pretty slow getting from the cart to the green. I was on the green marking my ball with my back to the carts and then I heard "OOOF", THUD and CLANK all within a few seconds of each other. I turned back... and this guy was on the ground.

It seems he stepped in a drainage ditch and twisted his ankle. That's what caused the "OOOF". Being pretty heavy, his instinct was to fall to the ground to avoid snapping the ankle. That was the THUD. And he had his putter and a couple wedges with him and as he fell to the ground, he tossed them in the air. That's what caused the CLANK.

We all ran to him... and he was fine. He was a little embarassed, but otherwise, fine. It was just odd because the sounds were so out of place in an otherwise serene atmosphere.

Really, not much odd has happened to me on a golf course. I've heard stories (banking shots off turtles, worm burners killing geese, etc) but... I've been fairly lucky that my encounters on the golf course are all fairly normal.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

was playing with friends in a charity scramble, drinking involved, everybody getting loosey goosey and we were having fun. long par 5, the worst driver of our quad tees up and the other 2 players are already in their cart - he swings, the guys in the cart take off not watching... he had come completely underneath the ball, popped it WAY up, and it landed in the bag platform on the back of the cart as it drove away... we yelled, but they didnt hear us. as they cut off the cart path into the fairway about 250 yds up, the ball dislodged and started bouncing down the cartpath downhill, and rolled out to about 400 yds... we couldnt figure out a ruling, so he chipped up and putted for eagle.... ;)

What I play:

R7 Limited, UST V2
Burner 3W, Rifle ULF
Tour 3H-4H, Rifle ULF RAC MB 5-PW, Rifle ULF 54*, 58*, TP Smoke wedges Black Pearl Studio Select 1.5 ProV1 or TP Red LDP

There's a course near me that I normally refuse to play because it's such a goat track. I got a buddy who plays there all the time because it's cheap, he always wants to play there & I always refuse. Well, one time after him bugging me for about a week, telling me how much they improved it, I agreed to play.. We tee off on the first hole and of course the FW looks like crap but I hit my second shot onto the green. As I walk up to the green I see dirt flying because there's a friggin gopher digging a tunnel right in the middle of the green!

I look over at my buddy and he's looking at the ground just shaking his head. I finished out the round but needless to say, I never went back to that course and my buddy has will never hear the end of it.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

A few years ago, during the middle of my round, I hit a drive down the middle of the fairway. As I was walking toward my ball, I noticed there was a hawk in the middle of the fairway about 20 yards from my golf ball. As I approached closer to my golf ball, I also noticed that the hawk had something clasped on its claws. When I got closer to my golf ball, the hawk got spooked and flew off freeing the sparrow that was in the clutches of the hawk's claws. The sparrow flew off with a new found freedom and from the clutches of certain death.

I guess you could say I saved the sparrow, but I also took away the hawk's food.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Last October in Estes Park, Colorado, had 50 Elk on the 17th and 18th fairways. My future son-in-law and I had to wait to tee off while a huge bull mated a cow 20 yards in front of the 17th tee. We then had to use the cart to help move them away. On the 18th, I had a shot that rolled under a cow and had to shoo her away to play my next shot.

Barry

In the Bag

Custom Built
Driver - R7 Draw 460 / Matrix Studio 84 Shaft X-Stiff
3 Wood - Kest S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff5 Wood - Kent S S.D. T-Steel / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-Stiff3 Hybrid - RX Low Pro / Matrix Studio 94 Shaft X-StiffIrons - 4-PW C1 Tour / Precision Rifle...

Wedges - Titlest Vokey Wedges SM5 56-14 and 52-12

Oh another funny incident happened about two weeks ago. I was playing as a single and got paired up with a threesome. On the first tee (a long par 5), the second guys hits a dribbler that went about 100 yrds. There is a tree about 20 yards in front and to the left of the fairway in front of his ball. He goes and hits his second shot and pulls his second shot and hits the tree smack in the middle. Everyone is trying to see where the ball went, and about 10 seconds later, we hear a thud and the ball lands about 50 yards backwards!!! So now he's hitting his third shot about 50 yards from the tee box. Unfortunately, his game or his luck did not improve much after that rousing start.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I got three top ones:

1) Isn't really weird, but I was at my local course on the 14 hole, par 4. I teed off and sliced my ball extremely to the left! As I watched my ball slice I was surprised to see what happened next. The ball nailed the truck of a 4" in diameter tree, which was located well into the rough. My ball landed in the dead center of the fairway. Very lucky shot.

2) I was on the 6th hole, par 4, at a different course. I was about 150 yards away from the green. I took a shot and overshot the green, landing my ball into the ravine behind it. As I was walking towards the hole, I seen a Canadian Goose, flying up from the ravine with a ball in it's mouth. It ended up dropping the ball during flight about 10 feet away from the hole. I picked up the ball and realized it was mine.

3) My friend was teeing up on the 1st hole. This hole is located right at the end of a driving range, by the way. He was putting his tee in the ground, when he heard a swift noise. The both of us looked up and saw range balls flying at us. They landed about 20 yards away from the tee. At the end of the day, I asked the staff how far the range tees were from the 1st hole tees. They said about 360 yards. I was surprised that someone could hit that far, with such speed.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

[*]I've unfortunately seen a few people drop dead of heart attacks.

Was with my daughter on the putting green at Bonaventure CC in Weston FL...same thing..old guy keeled over and died...she will never go back...has never touched a club since.

• 4 years later...
I had one today that I've never had happen before (that I know of). I missed a green badly on a par 3 and the ball was under some trees with low hanging limbs about 30 yards from the green. My only option was to hit a low punch shot with a 4 iron that carried around 10 yards and let it bounce/roll down to the green. When I hit the shot I thought I hit it about right but when it hit the ground instead of bouncing forward it sort of bounced up and only went a couple more yards. Since the grass is not very thick or very tall in that spot I'm wondering what in the heck killed the speed of that ball. As I walked up to have a look there was a huge black snake in the exact spot the ball hit (and it was pissed). Can't say for sure that my ball hit the snake and that's what caused it to stop but I'm virtually sure that's what happened. That's the first time I ever thought a snake cost me a stroke.

Few months ago I was playing really early morning.

Saw a bobcat chasing a rabbit.

They disappeared into some thick brush,

Poor rabbit, probably got eaten.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

This happened last week and I was going to make a thread but I didnt want to be too mean.  We are playing a threesome and there is a single that comes up behind us so we obv let him play thru. He hits his shot left into the shit (very tough links course with trouble everywhere called Old American Golf Club)  Anyway we had already hit our shots so we scatter to them. I don't know about you but if someone lets me play thru I go as fast as possible but this clown drives his cart around and then asks us to help him find his ball. Now, we are  nice group and although we found it odd we went to go help.

After about 2 minutes we find nothing and he says he found 2 balls , a Titleist 3 & 4 and he thinks that he hit a 3 but wanted us to know that he is going to hit the 3 and pick up the 4. (like we care)  I look at my buddy and he looks at me & simultaneously give a wtf look and ask the other if u know this clown? Why the hell does he feel compelled to tell strangers what ball he is hitting like were the handicap police.  Just weird

This happened last week and I was going to make a thread but I didnt want to be too mean.  We are playing a threesome and there is a single that comes up behind us so we obv let him play thru. He hits his shot left into the shit (very tough links course with trouble everywhere called Old American Golf Club)  Anyway we had already hit our shots so we scatter to them. I don't know about you but if someone lets me play thru I go as fast as possible but this clown drives his cart around and then asks us to help him find his ball. Now, we are  nice group and although we found it odd we went to go help.     After about 2 minutes we find nothing and he says he found 2 balls , a Titleist 3 & 4 and he thinks that he hit a 3 but wanted us to know that he is going to hit the 3 and pick up the 4. (like we care)  I look at my buddy and he looks at me & simultaneously give a wtf look and ask the other if u know this clown? Why the hell does he feel compelled to tell strangers what ball he is hitting like were the handicap police.  Just weird

That's a good one! I would never ask for the group to help with finding my ball, and I sure in hell would never justify hitch ball I'm playing and why! All I have to say is "idiot"!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

My best friend and I are playing LPGA international, on the 5th hole a cold wind comes thru and there is black clouds over head. Happened in an instance. Lightning starts striking close, so we start to head in as fast as we can. The girls that are training were still playing for another 10 mins. Crazy. We are far from the pro shop and lightning is everywhere. We have 1 hit maybe 100 yards away on hole 7. Did I mention the cart had a low tire. We make it to the snack bar at hole nine. We look back it started a forest fire. Course closed. Got to play both courses that day.

Had a dog on the course run up to me while playing as a single, he was so tired, thankfully his collar had a number so I got in touch with the owners

Seeing two cops on a golf cart chasing after someone on the course was sorta odd.

I once hit a shot so bad I hit a billboard and landed on it.

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!