IGNORED

Weird things that happen on your round...

Fraser
Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My buddy and I were golfing and he hooked one of his tee shots onto the tee-box on the next hole. I yelled "FORE" as loud as I could and the guys on the tee-box covered up except for one and the ball struck him right above the left ear, needless to say he hit the ground like a ton of bricks. Upon seeing this we called 911 and the Pro Shop and the ambulance came and picked him up and rushed him to the hospital. To make a long story a little shorter, we ran into the man about a year and half later at the same course and he walks up to my buddy and extends his hand and says to my buddy - "I want to thank you for hitting me with that golf ball". Needless to say, my buddy and me looked at each other thinking he was joking or being sarcastic, but then he said - "When they done an MRI on me they found a brain tumor that I had no clue that I had so you basically saved my life by hitting me with that golf ball".

This is an honest to God true story!

God Bless!!! Ray

My buddy and I were golfing and he hooked one of his tee shots onto the tee-box on the next hole. I yelled "FORE" as loud as I could and the guys on the tee-box covered up except for one and the ball struck him right above the left ear, needless to say he hit the ground like a ton of bricks. Upon seeing this we called 911 and the Pro Shop and the ambulance came and picked him up and rushed him to the hospital. To make a long story a little shorter, we ran into the man about a year and half later at the same course and he walks up to my buddy and extends his hand and says to my buddy - "I want to thank you for hitting me with that golf ball". Needless to say, my buddy and me looked at each other thinking he was joking or being sarcastic, but then he said - "When they done an MRI on me they found a brain tumor that I had no clue that I had so you basically saved my life by hitting me with that golf ball". This is an honest to God true story! God Bless!!! Ray

[URL]http://gimundo.com/news/article/getting-hit-by-golf-ball-saves-mans-life/[/URL] Sort of like this story!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday on the first tee (#1 is a short par 5) I pushed my drive into the rough on the right side. We were playing a best ball and my partner had laid up, and he was looking at an easy par, so I decided to go for the green despite being in the rough. Well anyway, I took my 3 wood, hit it a little off the toe and it went straight into a big evergreen 40 yards ahead of me. It didn't come out. I could see it and it was out of reach so I had to take an unplayable lie. Now lying 3, I hit my 4th shot with a 3 iron just short of the green. I proceeded to chip in for the weirdest par I've ever had.

As for the golf ball, #7 runs parallel to #1 so when we came back around, I checked the tree and my ball had fallen to a lower branch where I was able to grab it. So I lost the ball then recovered it 6 holes later. All in all a weird sequence of events.

A few years ago some turkey was flying his model plane over the golf course and buzzing us. And I mean low. We had to hit the deck to make sure we weren't hit. Nobody had a cell phone to call the clubhouse. When we got to the green, we could hear the plane coming in for a strafing run. Only this time he didn't pull up in time and crashed into a mound beside the green. Destroyed! A pile of twisted balsa wood! :-D

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Another time we were playing a hole that ran adjacent to a hole which bordered a road. You know what happened next. A guy on the adjacent hole slices a drive into oncoming traffic. Buries the ball in the guys windshield. The guy does a U turn and drives right on the course beside the tee box with his car and starts yelling. Clubs were waving. Didn't stick around to see how it ended. Should have. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I could fill this place up with all the weird (non normal)  stuff I have seen. Reptiles laying on the green; wild animals munching on the fairways; naked women jogging; fist fights; strange weather; cart thefts; on course robberies/thefts, ball hitting human injuries; strange out comes to errant golf shots; a big trout jumping out of the green side stream, and landing on the green's fringe; a drunk passed out in his golf cart;  nasty stuff in the bottom of the cup; people throwing/breaking clubs, people throwing their whole bag of clubs into the water hazard; cops driving down fairways chasing the bad guy. helicopter with engine trouble landing on the fairway. I could go on, and on.

The weirdest had to be an errant golf shot that hit a flag pole in a home owner's back yard, then bounced off a landscape boulder, and stopped about an inch from the cup. The guy got a birdie on that par three.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

The one that sticks in my mind is years ago when making the turn, as we drive up to the beverage/sandwich port, one of the carts that is sitting there rolls backwards down the short incline and in the next 20-30 seconds all that is sticking out of the water hazard is from the front bumper up to the roofline. The whole thing is basically underwater - 2 sets of clubs, the seats, steering wheel is probably 1/2 out of the water.

I thought the guys who were ran after it were going to start a fight with us, as we were laughing so hard.

They were towing it out with a tractor when we finished our round.

Players play, tough players win!

Saw a young couple playing as a twosome in front of us once and they had their little girl with them, she looked to be about 9 years old. They would let the girl drive the cart around by herself, while they were putting. Well as you can guess, she hit the gas one time, drove straight on into a tree and as it turned out, gave herself a bloody nose. The parents proceeded to drive straight to the clubhouse and yell at anybody who would listen that the course's equipment was unsafe and they would be getting a bill for the girls medical treatment. :~(
my get up and go musta got up and went..

I could fill this place up with all the weird (non normal)  stuff I have seen. Reptiles laying on the green; wild animals munching on the fairways; naked women jogging; fist fights; strange weather; cart thefts; on course robberies/thefts, ball hitting human injuries; strange out comes to errant golf shots; a big trout jumping out of the green side stream, and landing on the green's fringe; a drunk passed out in his golf cart;  nasty stuff in the bottom of the cup; people throwing/breaking clubs, people throwing their whole bag of clubs into the water hazard; cops driving down fairways chasing the bad guy. helicopter with engine trouble landing on the fairway. I could go on, and on.

The weirdest had to be an errant golf shot that hit a flag pole in a home owner's back yard, then bounced off a landscape boulder, and stopped about an inch from the cup. The guy got a birdie on that par three.

You need to stop playing in the bizzarro world.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Many years ago (the statute of limitations has run out) a friend was driving our cart down a somewhat steep hill (maybe 30*). It was wet that morning and he was flying. The cart wouldn't stop. Kept skidding down the hill on the wet grass. He lost control and we both lept out like frogs. The cart starts tumbling end over end with clubs flying. It must have tumbled 100 yards until it came to rest at the bottom of the hill. It was a twisted, smashed wreck. We took our bags off the cart and pushed it into a ravine. Put our clubs in our bags and finished the round walking. Never been back to that course. The things we do in our misguided youth.

I saw a red fox run out of the woods, grab a ball and return back to the woods.  We still laugh about that to this day.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

There's a course in the county where some ahole trained a crow to snatch balls. I heard he used marshmallows. I played the course and sure enough on a par on the backside, a friend and myself had our balls stolen from the green by this crow. Two others with us were using yellow balls and the crow didn't bother theirs. The crow took them and dropped them in the apartments gutter. This crow would patrol a few holes on the backside so there I was running around and flailing my driver at this bird as it swooped down on my balls.

I'm playing with my dad (who loves the game but has never put forth the effort to really get good at it) and he's hitting his 2nd shot on a par 5.  He shanks it and the ball stays low and goes right at 4 geese.  There are two adult geese and two chicks about half grown.  The ball hits one of the chicks.  It doesn't kill it but it obviously hurt because it flopped around for a few seconds squealing.  Now that isn't the funny part.  We felt bad for the little guy but the momma goose's reaction was priceless.  She apparently thought the other adult goose had hurt the baby and she starts beating the crap out of it.

They fought for a full minute and only one of them knew what they were fighting about.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Yesterday a snake on the 16th green was approaching my playing partner's ball as we came up.  I tried to nudge it off with the flagstick and it coiled up, but didn't retreat.  My buddy took some informal relief--more than a club length--and we both putted out.  As we left the green, the snake was still hanging out.  Don't know how the group behind us dealt with Mr. Snake.

• 3 weeks later...
This just happened a few days ago. Our group was waiting to tee off on the 1st hole, about 375yards. A dad playing with his son. The boy looked about 11/12 years old. The father tells the boy to hit from the blue tees so he can get used to it. So, the poor boy kept hitting from the blue tees on each hole. The boy hit it ok most of the time, but the ball barely reached the fairway, leaving him along way to go for his approach shots. The back 9 we didn't follow them. We played the other 9. . Why "force" your preadolescent son play from the blue tees? IMO he should have been hitting from the red tees....or maybe the whites on some of the holes.
In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

My buddy and I were golfing and he hooked one of his tee shots onto the tee-box on the next hole. I yelled "FORE" as loud as I could and the guys on the tee-box covered up except for one and the ball struck him right above the left ear, needless to say he hit the ground like a ton of bricks. Upon seeing this we called 911 and the Pro Shop and the ambulance came and picked him up and rushed him to the hospital. To make a long story a little shorter, we ran into the man about a year and half later at the same course and he walks up to my buddy and extends his hand and says to my buddy - "I want to thank you for hitting me with that golf ball". Needless to say, my buddy and me looked at each other thinking he was joking or being sarcastic, but then he said - "When they done an MRI on me they found a brain tumor that I had no clue that I had so you basically saved my life by hitting me with that golf ball". This is an honest to God true story! God Bless!!! Ray

I feel like this kind of story happens often. The ol' I got hurt or fell off a ladder & went the doctor. They sad I had cancer story. I think people should see the doctor more often.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!