IGNORED

Baseball is Soon

kinger22_2005
Note: This thread is 6573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which division will you be watching closely this year?

• AL East - Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Devil Rays
    • AL Central - White Sox, Twins, Indians, Tigers, Royals
    • AL West - Angels, A's, Rangers, Mariners
    • NL East - Braves, Phillies, Marlins, Mets, Nationals
    • NL Central - Cardinals, Astros, Brewers, Cubs, Reds, Pirates
    • NL West - Padres, Diamondbacks, Giants, Dodgers, Rockies

Besides golf, i love watching major league baseball. I think that 3 big divisions to watch this year will be: the AL East with the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox battling once again, the AL Central with World Series Champs Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins who still have Johan Santana and now put together a nice offensive line-up and the NL Central with the tough St. Louis Cardinals and Houston Astros. If you dont remember, Cardinals and Astros battled for the NL Championship with Astros prevailing.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher Comp 9.5 stiff
Fairway Wood: 2006 Cleveland Launcher Steel FW 15 Stiff
Hybrid: Cleveland Halo graphite stiff
Irons: Titleist 704.CB 3-PW Stiff
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Ping G5i Craz-EBall: Titleist Pro V1

I am from Minnesota though so obvisiously I'm gonna go with my Minnesota Twins going all the way.

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Ping G5i Craz-EBall: Titleist Pro V1

There's something about the AL that just doesn't sit right with me, can't put my finger on it though. Plus my team is NL, the Dodgers. I think the NL Central is by far the most fun to watch. Seems like every team has a deep rivalry with each other. This year I'm going to pay attention to the Padres. Seems like they've got nice team chemistry.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
There's something about the AL that just doesn't sit right with me, can't put my finger on it though. Plus my team is NL, the Dodgers. I think the NL Central is by far the most fun to watch. Seems like every team has a deep rivalry with each other. This year I'm going to pay attention to the Padres. Seems like they've got nice team chemistry.

I'm a Pirates fan. So at least nobody can accuse me of being a sunshine fan...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The dodgers, they only have Gagne and thats it basically. And the Pirates, oh dang. When I think of MLB, they're the last team I think of. What was it, like '79 the last time they had a good season.

• Administrator
The dodgers, they only have Gagne and thats it basically. And the Pirates, oh dang. When I think of MLB, they're the last team I think of. What was it, like '79 the last time they had a good season.

1990-1992, smartass.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll be watching the Mariners as I'm a Seattle fan through and through. I'm not a fair weather fan either. I remember going to a Mariners game in the 80's and getting a key chain that read "Anything Can Happen" which when translated mean, "We might win." We had a pretty good run a few years ago when we tied the single season win mark at 116.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

1990-1992, smartass.

I'm pretty sure he was cracking on how crappy the Pirates have been since forever.

And yeah, the Dodgers may not have the greatest team. But, it's always fun going to the games. Dodger stadium on a nice warm July night is the place to be. Tons of hot girls in the stands!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

1990-1992, smartass.

hey skooter, Twins won it all in '91 so yea. and the Dodgers stadium is quite a treat i must admit. at the Metrodome, here in Minnesota, there are few hot women that come to the cames

• Administrator
I'm a big Tribe (Cleveland) fan. No need for any snappy comebacks, I've heard them all.

At least they've been to (and won) a world championship in their sport, unlike your football team.

At least they've been to (and won) a world championship in their sport, unlike your football team.

Actually, they

have ....for your information. More than your football team. Just not any since I've been alive.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator
Actually, they

Those don't count. That's like saying "We were good when there were only four other teams." Oh wait, that's exactly what that's like...

Super Bowls. They've had 40 years and have yet to do so. Incidentally, I just watched the 1986 AFC Championship yesterday on NFL Network, probably their best shot to get there... And the Pirates were good in 1990-1992. I didn't say they won the thing, but at least they won the division. Since then, well, they've looked up at the rest of the division every year, yeah. If only Mark Cuban would buy the damn team. I think he would if McClatchey would sell. P.S. They haven't put any 2005 stats on there yet.

AL West is the best division to watch when it comes down to the end, with only division with 4 teams usually even matched. AL East, and AL Central are my other two.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

hey Steelers wouldnt have done anything this year in the playoffs if it werent for Palmer going down and own at the beginning of the game. Yea, the Browns arent anything special though

I'm a big Tribe (Cleveland) fan. No need for any snappy comebacks, I've heard them all.

Im interested to see how the Indians are going to do this year for finishing 2nd last year in the AL Central. However, my Twins have picked up Rondell White and Luis Castillo and they are big bats. They and others will back up our awesome pitching this year. I still think the team to beat though is the White Sox.

• Administrator
hey Steelers wouldnt have done anything this year in the playoffs if it werent for Palmer going down and own at the beginning of the game. Yea, the Browns arent anything special though

Oh that's such horseshit I'm not even going to justify it with a response (beyond this one).

Those don't count. That's like saying "We were good when there were only four other teams." Oh wait, that's exactly what that's like...

So you are counting the Indians championship back in '48, but not the Browns in the 50's and 1964? Just a few years before the Super Bowl started? So what about the Yankees dominance in the 20's and 30's? Null and void because there were a lot less teams?

Super Bowls. They've had 40 years and have yet to do so. Incidentally, I just watched the 1986 AFC Championship yesterday on NFL Network, probably their best shot to get there...

Agreed...and I still think Karlis missed that FG. I still remember cheering because I thought it went wide.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 6573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!