IGNORED

2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Having closed the thread in "Announcements & Tech Support," please use this thread to discuss, debate, talk trash, etc. about the 2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League .

Results of the first tournament, the Mercedes Championship:

[pre]T1 Rafcin The Sand Trap Rafi Lenartowicz 62, 58, 59, 59 = 238
T1 Winner! Ben Tateel 61, 56, 60, 61 = 238
T3 Team MJonGolf Mike Jones 60, 56, 60, 63 = 239
T3 Balls, Sticks and Stuff Thomas Goyne 60, 59, 60, 60 = 239
5 Pahonix Todd Barnash 63, 60, 59, 59 = 241
6 TheGolfBlog.com Jason Jason Job 60, 61, 60, 61 = 242
7 Williamsburg Whiffers Braswell Brandt 61, 58, 60, 64 = 243
8 Bourbon Street Bombers Aaron White 62, 61, 62, 59 = 244
T9 TheSandTrap iacas Erik Barzeski 64, 59, 62, 61 = 246
T9 Olympia muskegman Jeff Smith 64, 59, 62, 61 = 246
T9 Taylormade_fan Kiran Vakamudi 65, 60, 60, 61 = 246
T12 Dallas High Anxiety J H 63, 59, 63, 62 = 247
T12 Tucson, AZ Duke John Hohman 65, 57, 62, 63 = 247[/pre]

Again, congrats to Rafi and Ben. Best luck in the next tournament - the rest of us are gunnin' for ya!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never think in a million years that I'd be rooting against Vijay or Ernie or my other favorites, but playing this fantasy league I was yelling at my TV trying to screw everyone up! Seems as though someone had a powerful hex on my man Cink, cause that dude totally screwed me with his second shot on 18!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I'd never think in a million years that I'd be rooting against Vijay or Ernie or my other favorites, but playing this fantasy league I was yelling at my TV trying to screw everyone up! Seems as though someone had a powerful hex on my man Cink, cause that dude totally screwed me with his second shot on 18!

Sez the guy who tied for first. Peh!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hey, I should have been solo first. hahahahaaaaa.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

When is the Sony roster available?

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'd never think in a million years that I'd be rooting against Vijay or Ernie or my other favorites, but playing this fantasy league I was yelling at my TV trying to screw everyone up!

Ha yeah I know exactly what you mean. When Kaye hit that shot in for eagle at first I thought that was a helluva shot and then I yelled at the tv because I knew someone got a lower score because of it.

Speaking of Veej I had him on my team. His wheels really fell off on Sunday. I wonder when was the last time he scorred a triple bogey.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

Looks like we can now make our picks for the Sony.

Edit - It still says Mercedes but my team is showing the edit button.

Edit X 2 = never mind all the players are still showing locked.

Speaking of Veej I had him on my team. His wheels really fell off on Sunday. I wonder when was the last time he scorred a triple bogey.

Fear the power of my super monster hex!

With my second tier guy Cink up at the top, I needed Vijay and Ernie to really choke near the end. And voila! Freakin Retief let me down something fierce though.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Well at least they have the roster up now... Soooo many players.

Michelle Wie only costs 4pts.

I've get a team somewhat setup. Look out! This looks even better than my last week's

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I'm having trouble editing my team. It keeps telling me that I'm not able to swap players and a few other things. Not sure what is up with that. Tiger's not in the SONY, so obviously I want to drop him.

We shall see... this is becoming frustrating. I hope ESPN smooths out the wrinkles real fast here.

P.S. Scratch that, they changed the way a checkbox works. When the thing first came online, you checked the boxes of the players you swapped. This makes more sense now. I've got my team set, I think. 49.9 rating currently.

• Administrator
I've signed up too. We'll do a Sand Trap league there too.

Aaron, please create a different thread for this. Everyone else, look for that one in the next couple of minutes.

Has everyone created their ballots for the SONY on ESPN?

So, the values are based on the "lock" value, not the "Mkt" value? Pretty bitchin' if that's the case. I'm maxed out at exactly 50.0.

Be afraid boys, be very afraid! UuWaaahahahaaa.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
I had 50.0 and it told me I was over the limit. 50.0 for both "mkt" and "lock." WTF? I edited it down to 49.9 and have a better team now, I think, anyway.

Remember guys, this is the week that we start having to worry about the dreaded "cut." Just something to keep in mind. The only times I've ever not done well in fantasy are when I had a golfer on my team miss the cut.

Also, I had thought that we got to keep the player for the value we initially picked him at, even if it went up. But it looks like no matter what we're gonna have to have below a 50 using their current values.

I had 50.0 and it told me I was over the limit. 50.0 for both "mkt" and "lock." WTF? I edited it down to 49.9 and have a better team now, I think, anyway.

I got the same error message when both market and lock were 50.0. I also edited my team. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Has anyone else noticed that the people starting on the back nine have their scores listed on the front on ESPN's system? This may prove bad...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I didn't realize Tiger wasn't playing this weekend... I chose him for this weekend and now I don't have a proper foursome! AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Note: This thread is 6730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!