IGNORED

What's the most 'trouble' you've gotten into at a course?

JCDot33
Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit a 300 yard drive to the green on a short par 4, with he wind at my back (i didnt realise since i normally come up 20 yards short or so)

SO im standing there waiting for this guy to finish on the green so i can putt, he finished like 8 putting and his wife finishes. I start to apologise and tell him how the wind was at my back and i didnt realise and so on....

He walks over to my ball picks it up (Pro V1) and pockets it, then procedes to tell me how he was "tempted to tee it up and hit it back at me."

I start to laugh and ask him if " you honestly think you could have hit a 300 yard drive into the wind?"

His wife starts to laugh too, and turns to me and is like "young man what is your name?"

I told her my name thinking she might want to file a complaint or something...

Shes like "nice to meet you ian, sorry my husband is a grouch, nice drive though" grabs him by the arm and drags him away. HAHA

I was like thank god for women...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing a new course and tried to drive a 270 yard par 4 that plays WAY uphill. I was playing with 2 incredibly kind older gentlemen, who had been talking all round about how they hoped I could reach this green, so I was prety much forced to make the dumb play. I had a good wind at my back, so I figured I could get my driver there.

Unfortunately I smoked a big draw and almost hit a group of guys on a tee box next to the green. As soon as I hit it the other two guys with me are yelling FORE, which had me confused because I didn't know there was a tee box there. So I start yelling too...

So as we walk up the fairway this short guy with a thick Boston accent comes strutting out of the trees which shield the tee box holding an iron with his burly cart buddy driving slowly behind. Once he gets into view, he shrugs at me like "wtf", and starts to come at me as I'm profusely apologizing.

"Everyone ok? I'm so sorry I didn't think I could..."

"Hey buddy, go look on the tee box, your ball left a crater right in the middle"

"I know i'm so sorry"

"Next time you hit into someone... Yell."

At this moment, one of the older guys I'm with brushes past me and starts yelling at the guy "He was yellin' we all were yellin' its windy out it happens now get outa here he said sorry... (etc)"

And the guys walked away... AMAZING.

I still feel bad for hitting into them, but that old dude saved me from getitng beaten with a 6i. My ball it turns out, carried the tee box and the road behind it... next time I'm hitting 5 wood.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I was playing at my home course, where alot of beginers like to play. I smoked a 5 wood around 230, and it landed right next to the group ahead of me. The guy who was teaching the newbs picks up my golf ball and hit it over into the other hole's fairway. My friend and I started to yell at him as i went and got my ball. The guy finished the hole and left the flag out. I end of hitting 7 iron from 170, carrying the trees, and landing right next to the hold(5 feet). I tap in, and scream over to the next teebox where he was, "still make birdie!". I could tell i really pissed him off, but he went way out of context after i apologized, by hitting my ball into the other fairway.

If someone tee'd off on a par 3 while I was still on the green I would politely smack their own ball back at them

Last weekend on the little exec par 3 9 hole, some guy hit the power slice and the ball came down 3 feet in front of us. Not a "fore" "heads up" or anything. The course is amll enough that a yell would have been heard. I could have at lease covered up my 4 year old as he was walking with me. Anyway I grabbed my 9 iron and set it down back in thier tee box. They acctually yelled THANK YOU....I yelled F you.

Same course a few months earlier, the fisrt time we played it. We finishe dup on the 6th hole. and just naturally walked to the next tee box. I teed up and sat may ball about 6 feet from the pin. My buddy buries himself in the bunker. I'm thinking I could birdie this while he'llbe a bogey for sure. So I'm feling good until the marshall comes up and asks for our receipts. We hand them to here and she asks how many holes we've played. I said 6 and we're finishinig up right now on the last 3. She looks at us and laughs. "This is the 1st tee box" " you need to cross the river to tee off on #7. Damnit, I had a great first shot. I though that hole loked familiar.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

They built a fairway around the Sup's house. You can lay up right or try to cary the house... Well I hopped one off the deck once because I tried to use a 5 iron and cut around it. The wife was gardening on the side. I actually had a nice 2nd shot to set up for birdie and tie for 1st on our last varsity qualifier. Took it in a playoff didn't mean anything but it was for pride.

Now there is a bunker on the side of the fairway before the house and the dirt is graded up into a mound to block any direct shots to the house. Thats what happens when you turn a par 3 9 into a back 9.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

One time I'm playing with a mate of mine when we were pretty new to the game. He tees off thinking the couple in front of us are out of range and proceeds to catch one sweet and hit it right over their heads. They were pretty cool about it though and just asked who the big hitter was. Funny thing is that he hit the green with his second and then four putted for a double!

This relates to my story about being cracked in the head with a ball and being out cold for a few. So we soldier on playing and I'm a bit woozy. I decide to sit down a rest a few on the next tee box and the idiots I was with decided to kill the time by hitting divots at each other. Needless to say, the guy running the golf school saw this, came over and booted all of us off the course. Next day at lessons we all got a good lecture about proper course care/behaviour. I was steamed to get lumped in with the clowns.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

I have several, but I'm not sure which is the worst. When I was much younger I accidentally hit into a group of ladies. One lady was kind enough to bring my tee shot back to me along with a lecture. I didn't care for lectures in my teenage years so I was kind enough to say some not so nice things to her. Turns out she was on the board and I got kicked off the course for a couple years. A few years later she was found to be embezzling money from the club. She killed herself so that she wouldn't face criminal penalties or whatever social impacts there might have been.

Warp 10 years... I'm playing at this goat ranch par 3. On a hole that runs beside this road I hit my 170 yard tee shot. Unfortunately I hooked it. As the ball crested over the top of an enormous tee. I see this old school eagle talon driving the road. The ball landed directly on top of the hood of the car and left a pretty big dent. That was the first eagle I ever got.

2 years ago I was playing at a pretty nice course. They have a green that runs right by a fairly busy rural highway. I hooked my drive and ended up behind a tree at what I thought was about 150 yards. So I took my 7 iron out of the bag and hit what I thought was a perfect shot. Although I couldn't see the green I could hear a slight "tink" when the ball came down. My buddy who was standing in the fairway immediately starts laughing uncontrollably. I ask him " what happened, did it hit the pin?" He looks at me and says "no dude. it hit a motorcycle and went bouncing down the road." Shortly after that the roar of a harley was heard coming towards us. The biker dude got off his steed and started limping around as his road ***** looked around for the golf ball. I quickly apologized and asked if I hit the bike. He said "no you mother****er. You hit me in the knee." He left shortly after that to "go home". On our way home we saw his bike at the local biker bar.

When i was about 10 i was playing a short par 3 course and the last hole was 130 over water so, being 10, i hit driver and ended up hitting a 200 yard slice onto the practice green and actually into one of the holes. Needless to say the ranger called me out about my ettiquite and blah blah. I actually saw him cutting new hole locations while people were playing, so i realized he was a little over anxious to get on us.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While golfing in a foursome one of my playing partners pushes his drive on a down hill par four. My cart partner says that he ball hawked it really good and knows exactly where it is. Well we and our playing partners are having a tough time finding the pushed drive. I finally see a ball in the rough and let my cart partner talk me into thinking that it is not the one we are looking for without asking our playing partner what he hit. My cart partner talked me into picking up the ball saying that he is sure that the ball we are looking for was further down the fairway. Well after a couple more minutes of looking we finally ask and sure enough we have picked up his drive. Our partner who hit the drive lets the smallest of things upset him so we decide to just put the ball back and tell him that we found it. My cart partner says toss it out of the cart and I'll yell to the other cart and let them know. Well I toss the ball back and it's setting up so that it can be seen for about 100 yards in every direction. Keep in mind that the guy who hit the ball has drove his cart over this spot about a dozen times and the tire tracks are there to prove it. Lets just say he was in a foul mood during our after round lunch and drive home, but the rest of us laugh about it still when ever we go on a road trip.

This one was not me per say but the group I was with. While in college, we had one of our team rugby formals at the local golf course. Large amounts of alcohol and rugby players are often a bad mix. Two of the guys stole one of the carts for a joy ride. They drove it over a tee box and into a net. We were all kicked out and banned from having any more functions there. That was not the first nor last place we were ever banned from.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Today me and mine friends were playing private course that we dont belong while the course was closed and got kicked off. Luckly we didnt get banned from the course since we have are high school golf tryouts at this course.

When I was twelve, my friend and I were playing at his father's club(we had already been told not to come back to my father's club, different story). Well, I had raided the driving range for balls and we decided to use the #6 tee as our driving range. The problem was, we didn't hit down the fairway. We hit our balls opposite the fairway, which happened to be a four-lane state highway. You can probably guess the rest of the story, but we got banned from that club as well.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

i've yet to really get into any trouble on a golf course other than once bringing in the cart late (due in at 7, i brought it in at like 7:15) and another time, it was cart path only, but nobody told me that, i was playing as if it were 90 degree. a ranger informed me it was path only, and we were all good. no problems.

so since i don't have any good stories, i'll relate one that i read in a book called "be the ball" where various golfers and celebs write out a couple of paragraphs worth of their thoughts on the game. jack lemmon's story amused me greatly (this is paraphrased):

"i was teeing off on a hole, and this particular hole ran parallel to a heavy traveled interstate, which went down the right side of the fairway. so of course, i hit a slice right over the fence and into the freeway. i immediately teed up again, hit a second shot, and this one went a little bit further, but still sliced right over the fence. well, eventually we finished the round and made it back to the clubhouse, where the ranger and a gentleman in regular clothes were waiting for us. the ranger says to me 'mr lemmon, did you slice over the fence on 16?' i said, yes, actually, i did, and realized right then that i must've hit this gentleman's car. 'i'm so sorry,' i said, 'i hit your car, didn't i?' and the gentleman immediately replies 'twice.'"

I think I have one that takes the cake fellas.....

Myself, and three other guys were out on my local nine hole course golfing, drinking a little bit, and having a good time....

One of my buddies I'm w/ is the local town cop....

Anyway, we get to the last hole, the buddy who I was riding w/ in the cart drove the cart a little too close to the green.... (I was walking, looking for my ball at the time as this was taking place)

As my buddy in the cart stops the machine, the golf course owner drives up all upset at my buddy for driving too close to the green.... the owner proceeds to really give it to my buddy and actually chest bumps my buddy.... and my buddy isn't the kind of guy to get upset, at all.... so my buddy couldn't believe what just happened to him, and looks over at my other cop buddy who immediately ran over to the golf course owner and proceeded to arrest, yes arrest, the owner for assault.............

as I saw this going on I questioned my cop buddy if this was necessary and was basically questioning if this was the right thing to do..... (obviously, looking back on it now, I was the one who was right) my buddy who was "assaulted" was upset and actually wanted the owner arrested, so that was all my cop buddy needed to hear.... (and I also questioned my buddy who was "assaulted" if he really wanted the owner going to jail for a little chest bump)

my cop buddy actually handcuffs (his patrol car was parked at the course, as this is small town Iowa, so he's on call when he's not on duty) the owner and takes him to jail to book him..... on the way he gets a call from the mayor of the town telling him to release him to which my cop buddy refused.......

Needless to say my cop buddy was banned for life.....
The guy who got bumped and wanted the owner charged was banned for life.....

The owner thought about banning me to but chose to allow me to continue being a member.... (thank god)

To this day I think the owner holds a slight dislike for me, for basically just being in the company of a couple of guys that ruined his day/month/year.....

But, I think he knew that I was the one who was right in thinking at the time that he didn't need to go to jail.... and that it could have been settled in a much better way.......

So, I continue to be a member.....

But, that story will never die in the small Iowa town that I live in.......

BTW, my cop buddy no longer is cop here in town..... he actually got another cop job in a much larger town.......

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

^^^ that was a great story... hahaha... reminds me of my buddies stories... just not as drastic... he's a cop and works with me on weekends at the course
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

i was playing a 540 yard par 5 at my home course and was taking my second from 260 out, there was a fourball in front of me on the green, so i decided to hit a 4 iron instead of 5 wood.none the less i nailed the ball, it hopped before the green ran past all four, hit the flag and dropped. i was delighted but they gave me such a roasting i soon lost my happiness at getting my first albatros.

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

• 2 months later...
If someone tee'd off on a par 3 while I was still on the green I would politely smack their own ball back at them

Reminds me of the time when I was getting ready to put on a par 3 when all of a sudden i hear a club sound that was very close. Sure enough some kid teed off, his ball ended up rolling into my foot. Thank God there was a pond nearby :)

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!