IGNORED

Indoor Putting Green

Note: This thread is 5672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would love to own a putting green like those sold at duffygolf but they are out of my price range. Does anyone know what can be used under the turf on a unit like these to change the undulations? I would like to build something similar this winter.

Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone else have any info. on how to build a similar putting green? The framing is fairly straightforward but what can I use under the turf?

Thanks for any help.

http://www.actionsportscompany.com/p...ens_index.html

Although I've never purchased anything from them, I've spoke with them on the phone and they are very nice and willing to help you out. They sent me some samples of their turf too which was cool. Initially I was going to build and outside putting green but I'm leaning more toward an inside one from this company: http://www.actionsportscompany.com/i...putting_greens

The Golf Warhouse also has some nice looking ones: http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...EGORY_ID=10511

this thread is very timely for me.

I had a 900 sq ft green in my basement with 5 holes that I drilled ou t the concrete and cemented in real cups.
I just got hit by a floog and had to rip out the turf and now I'm looking to replace it.

this is the turf I used. Very happy with it but I would like something faster.
http://www.skillbuilder.com/puttingg...roducts_id=404

Any ideas on what to put under it for some break? wouldn't you know the floor is flat.
I had thought sand but you have to glue the trf down and repeated walking on it would cause wear from the underside.

Any suggestions on similiar turg and ???? would be welcome

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

anyone know anything?

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

anyone know anything?

if you have the time and energy you could place plywood underneath the area where you will be standing to putt from and then bend plywood or use wiggle wood for the areas of green that you want to contour.

you could also use stiff foam from an art store of some sort and carve it into the lie that you desire and glue your synthetic green over it. just some random thoughts.. BUT, you wouldn't be able to putt from everywhere on your green if you used the above methods..
Taylormade R9 TP 9.5*w/ Diamana Kai'li 70 S (SST PURE)
Callaway FT 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black Hybrid 20* w/ Voodoo NV8 S
MP-68 3-PW irons w/ KBS Tour X-flex (softstepped 1x)
Cleveland CG-12 52.10Cleveland CG-15 DSG 56.08 Vokey Limited Edition 60-V w/ KBS black nickel S-FlexCircle T Beached Center Shaft...

Thanks for the ideas, however I would like to "adjust" the contour at will as the duffygolf unit does. I would like to know how they accomplish this feat.

Thanks

I was actually thinking about this recently and Im planning on building my own green in the basement. One of the requirements are that I would be able to adjust the breaks whenever and wherever I want.

Anyway, my strategy is to buy a bunch of stiff foam(like the 5"stuff) and attach the green on top of it. Then I would make the cup and a putting area out of wood and seamlessly attach the turf on top of it joined with the rest of the green. To adjust the breaks all you would have to do is put something underneath the foam.

I was actually thinking about this recently and Im planning on building my own green in the basement. One of the requirements are that I would be able to adjust the breaks whenever and wherever I want.

That is the way to do it. I have one of

these that uses the same principle.

Note: This thread is 5672 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!