IGNORED

Why Are You Passionate About Golf?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am passionate about golf because almost nothing feels better than a well executed golf shot whether its a approach shot that lands near the hole or a stuff breaking putt that you hit perfectly to go in center cup or playing a hole perfectly has you planned and make a birdie.

Its a perfect game that is so challenging each time you play.

Why are you so passionate about golf?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Because it has extended my sporting life.
As a youngster I played Ice hockey on moving to the UK, soccer,rugby and athletics ,I lived to play sports,at 45 years of age a knee injury sent me into depression,it was all over.

But it wasn't of corse ,I found golf
  • Thumbs Up 1

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I enjoy golf for many reasons.

1) Its challenge. Friendly competition with others. Its requirement of a good strategy for better scores.
2) Its variety, whether on the same course, or new ones.
3) Its beautiful settings and the fact that we're submersed and playing in them.
4) The thrill of a well executed putt or strike. The feeling of accomplishment after a good round.
5) The fact that anyone can play. Natural athleticism isn't necessary.
6) The social aspect of the game where you can enjoy playing with friends and family. A great opportunity to meet strangers that may later lead to friendships.

I love golf becaus it is the hardest sport to play... ever. You can hit a soccer ball, a baseball, score 1000 goals, points etc, and you can keep on doing that without much practice. In golf it takes years to be able to play to an 18 hcp for most of the guys out there. Ask any famous sports star that plays golf.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I love to play. i get out in the sun, can go out with friends and just relax. I came from hockey and it was just too hard on my body. taking hit after hit got the best of me and I got out when my ankles wtarted hurting on a regular bases. This sport still uses ankle and knee but not as harshly. Plus at the end of the day if I want to hit something hard I can. =]

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

I am passionate about it because It's something I'm good at. It's a game that takes years to master, and you can't just pick it up and get good (well..most can't)

It's so hard to explain but I just love it more than anything.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I love golf for many many reasons. But after thinking about it this before, these are my 3 main reasons.

1. There is no perfect round. A bowler can roll 300 and a pitcher can throw a perfect game with no hits and no walks. But what is a low enough golf score? 89? 59? You can always go lower.

2. Golf is not a team sport (for the most part). You are your own coach, trainer, sports psychologist, equipment manager, stat keeper, water boy, etc. and you have no one to blame or praise but yourself.

3. Golf is a game of honor. I know of no other game where players can call a penalty on themselves. You can tell a lot about a persons honesty and integrety off the course, based on their behavior on the course.

Because golf relax me a lot, I found a huge peace being on the golf course, so that I forget everything. In that time there is something important the shot I'm going to play and me.

Regards

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Because it is a fun challenging game, and I am pretty good at it, and also I can play it for my whole life without getting to seriously injured, nothing like tearing my ACL or anything in soccer or hockey.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

It models the ebb and flow, ups and downs of life.

A well executed swing is poetry to behold and to perform.

The game's history and integrity.

Golfers are masters of understatement.

I'm a hard headed, independent masochist.

You dont get "fun = golf" very often in one sentence.
You know where you find a lot of people laughing anywhere on this earth? Not on a golf course for sure!

Personally i started to belive in order to be passionate about golf you need to have a little masochist living inside yourself to coupe with the punishment, domination and frustration you can enjoy every time you play/practice and still come back the next day, begging for more...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

because its a tough sport and i hate to be beat. but, at the end of the day, regardless of how i shot overall, there was those few shots that made it all worth it.

remember, a bad day golfing beats a good day working.

Driver: 907D2 10.5°
3Wood: 906F 15°
Hybrid: 585H 21°
Irons: 660 (4-P)
Wedges: Black SM52°, SM56°, SM60°Putter: Studio Select NP2Balls: ProV1/V1xRangefinder: Pinseeker 1500 TEGPS: SG5

Because golf is one of the first sports where I seriously think "hey, I could be pretty good at this". That's a really good feeling.

I started 1 year ago, and broke 100 (legit, all rules) after less than 10 rounds. Pretty dang good if you ask me.

Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

It's both a team and individual sport that is completely FAIR.

Whether you're trying to beat someone in your foursome or your personal best, everyone has the same opportunities at the start of each hole. Everything else relies on YOUR ability. The course doesn't pick on 1 particular person, if your swing isn't there or you make a bad judgement, it'll punish you. There's no opponent that tries to make you play worse of physically hinders you. It's just you, your equipment, and the ball at rest. It doesn't matter if you're fat, skinny, old, young, male, female, a$$hole, saint...That's also the reason I love surfing, it's you vs nature, and nature treats everyone equal. It's a sport where everything stay's 95% unchanged when you play the same course, 5% being wind, tee, and pin placements. That tree you hit last week will still be there, so don't hit it there stupid!

Golf also allows you to be competitive with players better or worse than you with the hdcp system, in which many folks would quit playing with each other due to the scoring difference. "36 hdcp? np, lets play and I'll give you 1 stroke every hole", "Noce playing, you got me by 2 strokes, see you again next week?" I'm hard pressed to think of another sport where oppossing players can play at 100% and be competitive.

As my Pro said, golf oughta be the easiest sport. You have a ball at REST and all you gotta do is use designed instruments to put it into a hole twice as big as the ball. There's no outside influence on the ball, no trickery. It's not gonna curve, speed up, change planes, it's just gonna sit there. What's so hard about that?

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

I like hitting that perfect shot, and going out every round trying to improve on my last.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

It's just way too much fun. Risk vs reward at every turn. It's the only competitive game I've played where everyone roots for each other to make that great shot, and appreciates it when they do.

Note: This thread is 1792 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!