IGNORED

Rangefinders

Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What rangefinder would you recommend for under $300 it also has to be one that does not require the reflectors on the top of the flags.

In my stand bag

r7 draw driver
G10 5 wood
3 r7 hybrid 4-pw tour burner irons CG10 50* and 56* wedges 60* wedge studio select newport putter D2 feel

• Administrator
What rangefinder would you recommend for under $300 it also has to be one that does not require the reflectors on the top of the flags.

http://thesandtrap.com/accessories/l...efinder_review

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am no laser expert, but I don't think any of them would need to have reflectors on the flags. I just aim mine at the flag or the person putting the flag back in the hole and get the reading. No reflector needed.

There are plenty that are under $300. The one iacas linked to is one of the best. There are many that were designed for hunting so the range can be up to about 1000 yards. These are real expensive but unecessary for golf. You only need to find something that can hit a tree or person within about 300 yards, which I sometimes use off the tee. I hardly ever use mine for a shot over 200 yards into a green.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

The Bushnell Scout 1000 "Outdoor" version (comparable to the golf version, Bushnell Tour V2) is $200 at Walmart.com. Product Link

There's also a $50 mail-in rebate from Bushnell. Walmart sells the same model listed as applicable. Rebate Link

I actually went with a GPS, but I've used a Bushnell and they're very handy for their purpose.
In my Grom bag...

Driver: 07 Burner
Woods: 07 Burner 3W, 5W
Irons: 3-PW R7 TPWedges: MP-56*, MP-60*Putter: White Hot XG #9GPS : SC3

The Bushnell Scout 1000 "Outdoor" version (comparable to the golf version, Bushnell Tour V2) is $200 at Walmart.com.

Excellent find! I may have to upgrade my 5 year old model to something a little newer.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Thanks for the info the bushnell looks like a great buy. The leupold also looks nice is there a big difference between the two.

In my stand bag

r7 draw driver
G10 5 wood
3 r7 hybrid 4-pw tour burner irons CG10 50* and 56* wedges 60* wedge studio select newport putter D2 feel

Thanks for the info the bushnell looks like a great buy. The leupold also looks nice is there a big difference between the two.

After owning 2 different ones, I wouldn't even consider one without something like the Pinseeker technology in the better Bushnell lasers. My Nikon always left some doubt as to what I was actually reading when there were trees or such behind the flag. My Bushnell Tour V2 gets the right object every time without fail. It's foolproof when the course has reflectors, but it's almost as good just shooting the naked flag. I've had no trouble picking up a limp flag from 250 yards out, and don't know anyone who needs an accurate reading from any farther. I have taken readings on trees from more than 300 yards to gauge a layup shot. And it will easily pick up a reflective object from over 600 yards.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
I bought a PS 1500 TE on ebay for $315 about 6 months ago. Like 2 days after I bought it, I bought the LR 800 for $250. I only bought it cause it was so cheap and I knew I could re-sell it for more.

Turns out, I liked the LR 800 a lot better. Even though it didn't have the whole "Pinseeker Technology", I never had one problem picking up the flag with it. But everything was just clearer with the Callaway/Nikon.
And it was about 2/3 the size.

Sold the Bushnell to a buddy of mine a week after I bought it.

I read and read everything I could. Tried out the 1500 te, V2, and Cally 550. Still was a toss up, read more.
Ende dup getting the Cally 550 and love it. Had it a week and it is easy to use, love the scanning where I can pick up a pin and then a tree behind it, back and forth, back and forth easily so I know I have the correct target.
I am 100% happy with the decision.

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

Note: This thread is 5657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!