IGNORED

Trophy balls

NBGC
Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do you guys keep trophy balls? I do.

So far to date i have the following:
First birdie
Breaking 100
Breaking 90
First 300 yd dr.

Still need:
Eagle
Ace
Breaking 80
Ball that I used on the last round to break 10 hdcp

And the last one that really isn't fair but I'll keep anyways:
Albatross- there are 2 275-300 yd par 4's at one of the courses we circuit and I've hit the greens before, maybe 1 day I'll get lucky and it'll drop.

Which Trophy's do you keep?

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

none

The clubs and the "crafter" get all the credit on the good shots.

The ball gets credit for all the horrible shots.

grats on your accomplishments though

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 Fubuki stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

I have my first par and my first birdie.

Unfortunately the 1st time I broke 100 the ball lasted 17.5 holes. It went swimming as I got greedy trying to go for a 96 instead of a safe 98.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I kept my first eagle ball. That's it so far except for when I get an ace.
DRIVER - SQ Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3 WOOD - Wrath 15*
HYBRIDS - Wrath 3I 18*/4I 21*
IRONS - Wrath 5-PW
WEDGE - 60*PUTTER - Callie 35"BALL - Juice 312 #4's

My trophy balls must be good luck, so I make a point to play with them again. Then it always seems they lose their luck somewhere along the way. Then they're just normal balls again, and get thrown in the bag.

The world goes in cycles.

Then they're just normal balls again, and get thrown in the bag.

I like your philosophy! I don't keep any yet, but don't really have anything to celebrate. I'd keep a hole in one or first eagle ball though.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I thought I was the only one that did this! I love to look at those in the case and remember those rounds. They're like photographs of fond memories. When I see them I get positive reinforcement as well. There's a little sports psychology and a little mojo there.

In my case I have:
Lowest 18: 79
Lowest 9: 36
Longest holed out shot: 44 yards
Longest holed out sand shot: 25 yards
Longest Drive in the Fairway: 351
Birdie ball: Birdied 10,12,13 (3 out of 4 holes)

I've been hunting my first hole in one ball and have hit a few to a matter of inches in the last few months.

And still looking for my first Eagle.

The only ball I keep is the ACE... still waiting.

I do have a huge display of balls from all the courses I have played around the world. Sad to say, there's more money than I'd like to remember spending on the walls.

I'd probably save the ball I broke par with... that would be worth something.

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

I still have the break 100, 90 and birdie ball. Still ttrying to earn the 80, eagle and ace. I do also have a scorecard of every course I have played. 50 plus and counting.

i have my first birdie ball, im only going to keep that one and my first eagle and first hole in one...... when ever they should come

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

• 5 years later...

I'm 52 and just started playing golf. Don't know why I waited so long. This games a blast. As of now I have played two 9 hole rounds. I have 3 trophy balls. My 1st game, My 1st fairway shot, and my 1st GIR. This week when I go, I hope to get my 1st par and/or birdie.

I have my hole-in-one ball, but that's it (I just made my ace 2 months ago). I'm not much for collecting mementos that take up any amount of physical space here in the age of digital photographs.

John

My trophy wife wants my trophy balls right where they are. :) Only save ace balls. Since I don't have any aces, I don't have any balls. I better leave this thread before I'm banned.
  • Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I don't have any trophies, but I figure I'll keep any hole-in-one ball and any double eagle/albatross ball. Obviously, the second one is pretty unlikely, but those are the only balls I would definitely keep. Maybe I'd keep a hole out eagle or winning a net club championship, but I'm not sure.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I dropped in to see if my ex-wife had started the thread ... if you know what I mean ...

I kept my first birdie ball and then looked at it one day, and thought it meant nothing to no one but me, and it was just taking up room ... so I got rid of it ...

• Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I've got 5 eagle balls and my low round 72 ball.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

I just have a collection of balls from courses I've played. I now wish I kept my first par, birdie, and eagle ball though, I didn't even think to keep the ball when they happened.

PhotoCaddy golf app is designed to save all of your golf experiences and memories for you and keep them at your fingertips. The app will record golf courses, dates, group members, and photos. It plots a map with all the golf courses you’ve played, then displays all of the information you’ve saved inside each pin on the map. 

Find out more at www.PhotoCaddyGolf.com

Get it on Android here

Get it on iPhone here

Note: This thread is 3569 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!