IGNORED

Sand Trap Open Invitational - Ever Done?

NI4NI
Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
No offense taken, I completely understand, and I wouldn't want to play with guys that are drunk, just because everyone's personality changes and it doesn't become fun for me. I know this because I play in scrambles sometimes and this happens.

Nobody said anything about getting drunk. I for one don't drink anywhere - the golf course or otherwise - but I do play with guys who will nurse one beer per nine holes, and other guys who'll drink more and be far from drunk. The age restriction makes sense, legally, for reasons beyond drinking.

I think a junior event has about a one in a billion chance of coming together, and that's with two tee times. I'd give up on the possibility and request that all juniors or people under the age of 21 stop posting in this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the drunk/drinking/age thing. I too do not drink, whether it be on a golf course, or anywhere else for that matter. Most of the people that would come to this event will be hardcore golfers and might drink, but most likely it would be after the golf concludes that they start in on that. Still though, the fact of the matter is that the entire group would be held accountable for the actions of each member showing up, while I'm sure there are some 19 and 20 yr olds that are far more "grown up" than some of the 25, 30, or even older guys on this board, it's more the liability thing that has to be considered.

Personally, while I see almost no way of it happening, I'd like to play with some of the young stud golfers on this board. I like playing with kids who have a ton of raw talent and are showing signs of greatness at a young age, keep it up fellas and we'll catch you when you're a little bit older!!!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I think what Iacas is saying, is that a recipe of Vegas, Juniors and the Sand Traps name is something he doesnt want to be affiliated with and I cant blame him. I believe there would be a lot of legal matters involved in that. I can almost guarantee that there are a lot more of you juniors that are way more mature then me, but I dont think thats the issue.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

Alright...let's get this thing on track. List some possible dates that you would be available and to where you would be able to get to.

For me the very best week would be the last week of October (I get a three day weekend...Nevada Day baby!!) and location could be Mesquite/Vegas or Arizona somewhere would be nice. Really anywhere in that neck of the woods...

How about you?
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

I'd be happy to make the trip from the East Coast to NV but the only weekend where I don't have plans between now and the end of the year is this weekend!

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it progresses.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

• Administrator
For me the very best week would be the last week of October (I get a three day weekend...Nevada Day baby!!) and location could be Mesquite/Vegas or Arizona somewhere would be nice.

Dates help. I'm assuming you mean the 24/25/26 of October?

If so, take a poll: how many people could arrive on October 23, play golf the 24-26, and fly home that afternoon? If you can, append your name to the list: underparnv iacas

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Alright...let's get this thing on track. List some possible dates that you would be available and to where you would be able to get to.

It might be quicker and easier for you, underparnv, for someone to add a poll to this thread with possible weekends in oct/nov/dec.

Or use something like http://doodle.ch/main.html Doodle is probably better because it lets people select multiple availabilities - very easy to use!

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Thanks immts007...I will see what I can come up with

underparnv

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Ok...here's the deal. I found this great web site for putting this stuff together, but it requires you to register. Here is the web site:

http://www.imin.com/home

Now if I'm reading the site correctly, I need to send you the email invitation to join the group. If this is the case, please email me and I will get you added as I can. My email address is my username at gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!!
underparnv

• Administrator
Ok...here's the deal. I found this great web site for putting this stuff together, but it requires you to register. Here is the web site:

Sorry, but I'm not going to register for another site just to do this sort of thing. I think it's a non-starter to ask people to do that.

I'm fine with keeping it in the thread...I just started that thing to see if we'd get more replies...and we haven't...
underparnv

I would definitely love to play in this. Maybe if it was east coast though. Like NY or maybe NC?? :]

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

• Administrator
I would definitely love to play in this. Maybe if it was east coast though. Like NY or maybe NC?? :]

I think we've moved well beyond that at this point. C'mon...

I hate to be a pessimist, but if this continues at this rate, it'll never happen. So as the admin, whether I come play or not, I'm making a decision right now. underparnv is in charge. He's going to shoot for the October weekend he mentioned earlier and in the area(s) (Mesquite area) he mentioned earlier. He's going to set up some courses, call a hotel, and see if he can get 16 golfers. I think doing this is the only way this will get off the ground.

I think we've moved well beyond that at this point. C'mon...

I already know it's scheduled to be in NV, CA, or areas near there. I was saying that I'd love to play if it was closer.

But anyway, hope the guys that go out will have fun!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

underparnv is in charge. He's going to shoot for the October weekend he mentioned earlier and in the area(s) (Mesquite area) he mentioned earlier. He's going to set up some courses, call a hotel, and see if he can get 16 golfers.

I'll try to not let it go to my head...

Anyway...I'm sending out emails to golf courses in Mesquite/Vegas area to see if they would be willing to accommodate a group of about 16 golfers. Just for reference, the weekend I specifically had in mind was October 31st-November 2nd. This date is up to you, but it is one that works really well for me. All dates would be you flying in on the Friday and playing golf Saturday and Sunday then flying out Sunday evening. If you would be interested in participating, please post in this thread. Feel free to post better dates as well and they will be taken into consideration. Thanks!
underparnv

I might be to swing this as a bundle: my father-in-law lives in Henderson, has been in failing health, and hasn't been able to see the kids. However, it would probably need to be the weekend after thanksgiving or the weekend before or after xmas for me.

Which are of course busy times, and probably not good for folk who don't have family in Vegas. Oh well.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Just for reference, the weekend I specifically had in mind was October 31st-November 2nd. This date is up to you, but it is one that works

Good luck with the task - I hope that more than 16 Sand Trappers can make it. Unfortunately, I'm out due to a previous engagement during this weekend, plus it's Halloween, and I HAVE to go trick-or-treating with my kids! It's a non-negotiable.

• Administrator
Just for reference, the weekend I specifically had in mind was October 31st-November 2nd.

I'm out. No way I'm missing Halloween with the kid.

Note: This thread is 5686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!