IGNORED

anyone create their own practice net area?

Rugger
Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

thinking about creating a three side netted enclosure on one side of my garage for winter practice. Anyone do anything like this before? Any commercial stores sell generic netting, something like HomeDepot?

Thoughts appreciated.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

I know a guy who has his own pitch and putt in his back yard. Yea his yard is huge.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I've got an impact panel net at home, and after looking around for quite a while, I just wouldn't be happy with any of the fiberglass pole jobs that are offered at the golf and sporting goods stores.

I ordered from http://www.brunsonnet.com/index.cfm?...category_id=70

They're super nice folks, and build a super quality product that will last for many years of hard use and weather.

For my practice screen, a mat and the hardware to hang it, I've got about the same $ invested as what I would have spent for just a practice net from the sporting goods stores.

For pics of my setup:
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16771

In my Sasquatch Tour Bag:

Driver - G10 10.5°: UST Pro Vorce V2 Shaft, Regular flex
Hybrid - G10 21° & 24°: TFC 129H, Stiff flex
Irons - S57 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW - Nippon 950GH stiff shaftsWedges - Tour 52°, 60° 56°Putter - 34" TracyBall - Treosoft

Here in NC, we have tons of pines. So I hung up a big net, and ordered a commercial-quality piece of astroturf. Then got a ghetto light fixture. Spotlight stuck on top of a shovel, plant the shovel in the ground near the mat, and hit away!

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I know a guy who has his own pitch and putt in his back yard. Yea his yard is huge.

My father was looking at putting a golf hole in our garden when I lived in the UK. The one problem would have been sorting out the green, and the attention it needed. My father was travelling on business almost every weekday at the time and my mother couldn't be bothered, and my brother and I were at boarding school so it would only get use in the summer.

In the end we just cut some grass short and turned it into a driving range. You don't appreciate how convenient a normal driving range is until you have to go and collect 50 balls scattered across an area about 80yrds across

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I've got something that sounds like what you want. I have an octagon mat($200) that is very large and high quality. I also have a net($75) that I just purchased(old net broke after 1 year) and it seems to be holding up very well. I feel that with this "range" at my house I am able to really work out the kinks in my swing before a match, and make sure everything is feeling smooth and how it's supposed to. You can get a full setup for about $100, but for a few more bucks, you can truly get the ultimate setup. All I can say is, don't cheap out on the net, because they will break if they are outside and not high quality. Good luck!
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I've got something that sounds like what you want. I have an octagon mat($200) that is very large and high quality. I also have a net($75) that I just purchased(old net broke after 1 year) and it seems to be holding up very well. I feel that with this "range" at my house I am able to really work out the kinks in my swing before a match, and make sure everything is feeling smooth and how it's supposed to. You can get a full setup for about $100, but for a few more bucks, you can truly get the ultimate setup. All I can say is, don't cheap out on the net, because they will break if they are outside and not high quality. Good luck!

Where would you recommend getting a net? I'll be using it in a heated garage.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

I took one bay of my three car garage (the bay where I still park my car) and set it up for practice. When the car is out, I hit balls across this bay. In the middle bay I set up a mat. At the side wall of the third bay I set up a floor to ceiling net on a roller track slide. When is use the net pulls out to 12 ft. wide, otherwise you slide it back like a curtain so it does not waste space in the garage or get in the way of the car. I just weight it down with some 5 lb. plastic dumbbells on each end so it stays in place when in use.

I set up an old laptop with c-swing for video, and got a used Vector launch monitor off of eBay so I have feedback on the shots I am hitting. I could not recommend this set up more for off season practice.

For mats and nets I used parbuster.com. Get indoor outdoor carpet to cover the garage bay between mat and net to deaden the balls as they come off the net. No issue with car parking over this all the time.

I got Parbuster’s ultimate hitting mat with tee line tuft, and had them drill it for a tee holder – so you can use standard tees without them flying all over the garage. Call them with your garage height and get custom net and track. As long as you are not a chop (of have drunk friends over) balls should most always hit the net. I did have one careless accident, but I think this type of net is more than adequate.

I brought a 10x10x12 walk in hitting cage from Golfsmith for 400 a few years back that I put next to my green in the back yard.And yes having a real bent grass L93 bent to be exact is A LOT OF WORK.If I can figure out how to post pictures of green I will.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I tied a king size bed sheet between two trees.

Results were hit or miss.

Ahem.

Is this thing on?

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

My wife got me a big practice net with telescoping poles and some mats to hit off of, and it was great after I set it up. But since it's a bit unsightly to leave up in the back yard, she wanted me to take it down and put it up whenever I wanted to use it . . . needless to say the folks in advertising who boasted that the net was "easy to put together in just minutes" were completely high. I've only used it a few times, since 20 minutes of cursing is not conducive to hitting balls; I'd much rather drive 20 minutes to the golf course and see where my ball lands.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Note: This thread is 5695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!