IGNORED

What Club Do You Find The Most Rewarding?

phxgolfer
Note: This thread is 5637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yesterday on the course, I realized that I have particular clubs that, when I hit a pure shot, it creates a sense of bliss unlike any other shot throughout the day. For me, whenever I hit my steel shafted Titleist fairway woods pure, it is an experience unlike any other. The noise, the feel, and the look of the ball flight are perfect. Do any of you have a club that just seems particularly special when you hit it right?

Every club that I strike "pure" is the most rewarding one. These feelings are getting a little more numerous, but are still too few and far between for my liking. Lately, my 5 & 7 irons have both produced the most rewards.

For me its my new Tour Burner driver and probably my 4iron
What's in the Bag

Tour Burner 9.5* stock stiff shaft
Tour Burner 14.5* 3 Wood stock stiff shaft 3DX Ironwood 20* UST Proforce V2 regular shaft 690mb Irons 4-PW rifle flighted 5.5 shafts Forged 48* wedge Vokey Design spin-milled 54*, 60* wedges Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant TP Red&Black BallsLowe...

A long, straight, crisp shot off the 3-wood is tied with a long, accurate stick-in-near-the-pin with a long iron (for me = 5 or 6).

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Probably the 4-iron for me since it is the one I don't hit great as often as I'd like to...that or my 4 wood. I expect to hit my short irons crisp and I've been driving quite well lately.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

I have to second the putter. When the putter is working like it should, it has a ripple effect on the rest of my game. I'm sure most players would agree that if you're putting good, you're probably playing good too...

At least that's how I think it should be

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

My 3 wood of the deck. Especially when you land it on the green after a poor tee shot, or for your second on a par 5. A pretty close second would be a one hop and stop sand wedge, right next to the hole...

Of course I love nailing a drive but the most satisfying shot for me is when I stick a pin, especially with a mid-long iron. Hearing a ball hit the bottom of the cup never gets old either.

However since you asked what club I find the most rewarding, I'd have to go with my driver. I love hitting wedges into long par 4's when everybody else is hitting a mid-long iron, I love hitting irons into par 5's on my second shot too. Hitting solid drives never gets old for me and it has a major ripple effect in my round as well. When I leave the tee box with a smile on my face I tend to hit my irons better too.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

An approach shot with my 9 iron or my 906F2 off the deck...

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Any of my mid-irons hit flush deliever a great feel.

I also love the feel of a confident struck putt on a long double breaker. I love the click of the ball coming off the face and tracking it with my eyes...watching the logo roll over and over true....tracking on it's way.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

It might be just me. But I love the feeling of when you have about a foot and a half for your par, and you strike it dead-center, and it hits the back and front of the cup a couple of times and settles at the bottom. Like I said, it's probably just me who likes this feeling.

When I hit a flush 2 iron
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

For me its a pured 3 iron from 220 yards away.

Taylormade R7 460
Lynx Parallax 15 Degree
Nickent 3DX Ironwood 18 degree
Callaway X-18's
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 degreeOdyssey Black Series No. 1

5 iron for me - gets me going on the range as well...

In the Vector:

Driver - Hibore XL 9.5
Woods - exotics cb2 15* 906f4 18.5*
Hybrid - clk 20Irons - MP-33 (4-P)Wedges - oil can vokey's 52.08, SM56.10, SM60.08Putters - Studio Laguna 2.5Ball - Touri

Note: This thread is 5637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!