IGNORED

favorite golf line while playing,...

heyscuba
Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My favorite is an oldie but goodie from CADDYSHACK, " CINDERELLA STORY " it has to be said with the CARL SPACKLER voice. I say it before I swing.

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also still love, "IT'S IN THE HOLE".

In My Limited Edition "Sir Isaac Newton Caricature" Big Bertha Tour Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha Fusion Ft-3
Hybrid: Big Bertha Heavenwood 3h
Irons And Wedges: Big Bertha X-12 3-Sw And
60* Vokey Spin Milled Oil-Can Lob-WedgePutter: White Hot Xg Sabertooth and a Futura Phantom Balls: Hx Hot Bite...

I almost forgot about "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!".

The benchmark cry of the mentally challenged. It makes me throw up in my mouth every time.

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

when somebody gets under a drive and skies it. I like to yell "got it" like an outfielder would.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

When I leave a putt way too short (totally mis-reading green speed) I say to myself, "Throw your purse at it, Sally!"
Best Golf Trip So Far - Raven at Snowshoe Mountain, WV

In my bag:

Driver - r7 10.5*Fairway Woods - Revolution 3w and 5wHybrids - Revolution 3i and 4iIrons - Revolution 5-PWWedges - SW and LWPutter - Rossa InzaShoes - Sport Athletica

When I leave a putt way too short (totally mis-reading green speed) I say to myself, "Throw your purse at it, Sally!"

I prefer (when it's a man) ... "Wow, does your husband play too?"

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

Any Drive Blast: "That's gonna hurt the big Russian!" (old WWF quote)

Any Weak Shot from a Male Partner: "Does your husband play?"

Any Fat Shot: "Looks like you hit the big ball first."

I have a friend that is fond of saying, when asked "honor or ready golf?", he will reply,
"I like the honor system -- git on her and stay on her!"

When someone says, "I'd rather be lucky than good", I always reply, "I rather be lucky and good."

And one more: when I'm reading a putt that is about 1" left or right, I say, "it looks like a Lance Armstrong. One ball out." (of course I don't say this if the round is for money, since advice is illegal.)

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Usually when we hit a decent shot you'll hear a "You'll be aiiight."

When you hit a bad shot "You might be aiiight."

When someone tops a drive "That's a peach right there"

"Pitch and a putt"
DRIVER - SQ Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3 WOOD - Wrath 15*
HYBRIDS - Wrath 3I 18*/4I 21*
IRONS - Wrath 5-PW
WEDGE - 60*PUTTER - Callie 35"BALL - Juice 312 #4's

When I hit a shot close to the pin, I'm fond of saying, "Oh, I can 3 putt easy from there!"

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

My favorite is an oldie but goodie from CADDYSHACK, " CINDERELLA STORY " it has to be said with the CARL SPACKLER voice. I say it before I swing.

I love that! I reherse the whole scene to my myself before I swing.

I can basically do a perfect impression on his voice.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

If someone belts one I usually say "You hit that harder than a red-headed stepchild"

Or if they leave a putt short I'll say "Plz, lay off the estrogen ma'am"

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

When someone is on the edge or near the green, and they scull, or blade their chip and it goes screaming past, or over the pin and ends up way off the other side. I wait a short pause, then say "nice line".
When someone dribbles one off the tee, I say " well you ought to be able to find that one".
When someone wiffs off the tee, I start walking forward, with my hand above my eyes as if I am trying to see the shot, but have lost it in the sun.
When playing with one of "those guys" who never, ever , ever, lose a ball. When they hit one that is OBVIOUSLY way out of bounds, I will say " don't worry, I am QUITE SURE you will find it playable"

When things go really wrong, " Well that sucks the big donkey! "

Favorite line after golf at the 19 hole, " I'm still a better golfer than you ... you just happen to have a lower handicap. "

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!