IGNORED

Orlando Courses

Note: This thread is 4817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Hello,

Money is no object... make the drive and get on Seminole.

Or bribe someone and play on Tiger's Orlando course. Name's escaping me... Tavistock Cup... Isleworth. That's it. Money's no object, but Bay Hill is too expensive?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My personal favorites:

Very expensive ($175+): Osprey Ridge at Disney
Sort of expensive ($75-$110): Southern Dunes in Haines City
Favorite from last trip ($80): Legacy Club at Alaqua , Longwood
Cheapie from last trip ($50): Deer Island , Tavaras (Lake Mary)

hcp: 31-32, best: 24 in 2002
Golfsmith HICOR 400cc 11.5 (slow graphite 48") - distance
Vulcan 300cc 10 (slow graphite 46") - accuracy
Vulcan 7-wood - might be replaced this year with a hybrid 2-iron
Lynx Black Cat TI (graphite, +1 inch) 3-PW - they arrived!!Alien 60 regular steelPing Zing 1980http...

On the expensive end, the New Course at Grand Cypress is fun. Jack Nicklaus' attempt to build a links course in Florida. Fun to play.

The International Course at ChampionsGate is a good one.

Falcon's Fire can be a stiff test if the wind is blowing.

Royal St. Cloud is very good, and very affordable.

Osprey Ridge is the best of the Disney courses.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Falcon's Fire can be a stiff test if the wind is blowing.

I've played there twice. The first time, I absolutely hated it. The second time (about five years later), I thought it was a good course, but you pay about a $25 premium for the location. I find the layout (essentially a block 8 with the clubhouse in the center) on the boring side, but the facility and amenities are excellent.

Osprey Ridge is the best of the Disney courses.

The sister course at that complex, whose name I forget, is a killer if you have trouble with forced carries and hit low tee shots. A tremendous amound of sand, especially around the teeboxes.

hcp: 31-32, best: 24 in 2002
Golfsmith HICOR 400cc 11.5 (slow graphite 48") - distance
Vulcan 300cc 10 (slow graphite 46") - accuracy
Vulcan 7-wood - might be replaced this year with a hybrid 2-iron
Lynx Black Cat TI (graphite, +1 inch) 3-PW - they arrived!!Alien 60 regular steelPing Zing 1980http...

• 4 years later...
Looking for some info from fellow golfers familiar with Remington and Kissimee bay golf courses near orlando http://www.playgolfinkissimmee.com/g.../remington-gc/ - they have very good rates but I am interested in the general condition of the course, pace of play and basically whether we should consider other courses to play when we are down there around this same rate level - I have a golf trip from jan. 14 to the 17 and would be playing sat. and sun. They have an "all you can play" package which includes lunch for 60 bucks.

The price is the best I've seen, especially since we plan on playing at least 27 holes, 2 but I dont want to walk into a 6 hour round or really poor playing conditions - thank you in advance for you posts.

Driver: '09 Burner
3Wood: Burner
Hybrids: 3 hybrid and Austads Pickle 26 degree
Irons: Rac os2 PW-4
Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

Sorry, no help on recommendations. I've played a few courses in and around Orlando and the greens were slow and grainy, even the best ones. Just pick the highly rated ones with a good price and enjoy the break. Remington and Kissimmee Bay country club are pretty good layouts. You should enjoy them.

RC

Thanks. --------------------------

Wedges: Vokey 48, 52 and 56 degreePutter: RossaBag: Sasquatch TourPushcart: 2.0Ball: Prov1 GPS: freecaddie software running on cellphone

Kissimmee Oaks is a real nice course for the price shockingly. I play there numerous times cause they have the cheapest rate on Golfnow during peak times ($20 bucks!)

But favorite Public courses list
1. Orange County National ( Tiger Woods New Swing Coach is the club pro here. 2 courses that are amazing!) West Orlando
2. Magnolia Plantation (Disney Course)
3. Grand Cypress (Next to Disney
4. Grande Pines (Off International Drive near Sea World)
5. Mystic Dunes (Near Disney Wide world of Sports)
6. Waldorf Astoria (In Disney)

I live here and these are the best options. Have fun.

In my 2010 TMX Staff Bag
r9 SuperTri 9.5 Driver
r9 #3 Fairway Wood
r9 #5 Fairway wood
Burner Plus Irons (3-PW) w/ Graphite shafts 54*/60* Wedge Newport 2 Studio Select Pro V1s

Good info on here, thanks! We are planning a trip to Orlando for January just to play somewhere warm for a couple days. I will save this thread for reference!!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I played Disney's Championship course, Magnolia, last weekend.  Great course and very nice scenery.  It's challenging but not a confidence-killer.  It's about $125 to play.

• 1 month later...

I just returned from my golf trip and I wanted to report back on my experience.  We decided to go with Kissimee Bay and Remington for our rounds over the weekend.  I highly recommend these courses.  I think when rating golf courses its important to note different people have different expectations so that influences their review - for me I dont rate courses without also factoring in their price - in my opinion a perfectly green lush course that costs 150 bucks does not win out over another course that may have some tee boxes that need a little work or inconsistent rough for 50 bucks.

That said I think these two courses are good enough to please most people.  For one price, 60 something for out of towners depending on tee time - 40 for florida residents, you can play unlimited holes at either course.  This was important to my group since we planned on playing 27 holes each day.  Additionally, you get included in your fee breakfast sandwiches with fountain drinks and coffee in the morning, a hot dog at the turn and hamburgers and lunch sandwiches when you finish your round with drinks included.  The pace of play was not bad at all and the greens and fairways were in excellent condition.  There were some areas of the rough that needed some watering but to honest it seems as if they intentionally focused their water spraying on the fairway and the green which is fine with me.  Also it just meant that there was some yellow grass - in no area of the course was there dirt patches or anything like that - and again the greens and fairways were perfectly green.  Kissimee bay is the tougher course with some tight fairways and a lot of water and doglegs in play - Remington is easier with wider fairways but there are still holes where water comes into play - I would say both offer interesting designs.

I am from new york city and am used to playing public courses here in the city and in westchester - I would rate these two courses ahead of ones in the area like split rock and pehlam bay - and on par with a course like Maple Moor (my favorite course).  I also used travelocity to book the trip and for three people was able to get a rental car, two bedroom apartment and flights for 290 each so orlando is def. an affordable option for those not wanting to explain spending an arm and leg to their spouse.

Kissimmee Bay and Remington do all they can to attract visiting golfers.  You mentioned the breakfasts and lunches.  I've played KB a handful of times, and found it to be just fine.  Not the greatest, but certainly not the worst, and a very friendly staff.  Like you say, for a group wanting "warm" golf, the deals there really can't be beat, especially compared to some of the high-priced alternatives closer to Disney.  Glad you had a good time.  Our economy needs the snowbirds, so thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Man I wish I could go down again.  I stayed at the holiday inn orange lake resort but I saw the houses at remington and  they looked really nice - most of them had pools in the backyard and were fenced in so your kids dont get drilled by errant drives.  I can't lie I drilled quite a few houses myself.

Its 17 degrees here in new york - when I down there a month ago it was in the low 70s - I was never a big fan of winter but ever since I picked up golf a few years ago I truly despise it.

Note: This thread is 4817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!