IGNORED

Your Favorite Golf Movie

alexlax12
Note: This thread is 3030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay this topic was partially discussed in "Greatest Game Movie" Post before, but I want to hear from more people about what they think the best golf movie of all time was. There are so many to choose from, "Caddyshack", "Tin Cup", "Legend of Bagger Vance", "Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius", "Happy Gilmore", "Dead Solid Perfect", "Follow the Sun", and I'm sure many more.

Myself: One of the funniest characters ever....Carl Spackler( Caddyshack )!!!
Northeastern University Golf Team

In Play:
Driver - Titleist 905R 9.5*/Aldila NV 75sFairway Wood - Titleist 904f 14.5*Dynamic Gold S300Hybrid - Cleveland Halo 2Iron(19*)Irons - Titleist 735cm(stainless)/Dynamic Gold S300 (Bent +0.5 degrees upright, +1.0 degrees strong) Wedges - Callaway...

Caddyshack, of course, is superb. I really liked Bagger Vance. I heard Dead Solid Perfect was really good, but I haven't seen it yet though.

Also, I'm waiting for the Greatest Game Ever Played to come out too.

Really though, when you get down to it, I liked just about every movie that puts golf at its center.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

• Administrator
Really though, when you get down to it, I liked just about every movie that puts golf at its center.

Ditto here. I liked Bagger Vance, despite what others think of it. I liked Caddyshack but am almost a bit young to really "get" all of it - I missed out on a lot of the behavior and clothing and whatnot that it parodies. And so forth... but I like them each for their own reasons. Even "Greatest Game" was worth the money, I feel.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I've seen all the movies listed besides "Greatest Game Ever Played." My favorite is definitely Bagger Vance. I am a fan of Will Smith anyway, and he did a great job in the movie, as did Matt Damon honestly.

It wasn't a five-star classic or anything, but I enjoyed it.

I'll be honest, I really didn't care of Caddyshack. Maybe it was before my prime or something, but I just really couldn't get into it very much.

I really dig "Caddyshack 2". Jackie Mason is one of a kind!

I also like the "Greatest Game Ever Played". I didn't even remember to list "Follow the Sun" until it was mentioned here but that's an oldie but goodie too!

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

Best golf movie ever: Caddyshack! Too bad all the young uns don't get it.
Worst golf movie ever: Caddyshack 2

Dead solid perfect is also a good movie but if you consider caddyshack old and outdated, it may be best you skip it.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

1. Happy Gilmore (just love that movie)
2. Tin Cup, (Cheech is great in this one)
3. A Gentleman's Game, (good Gary Sinise movie)
4. Caddy Shack, (its Caddy Shack!!)

I would love to hear more though, would love to check out some others. I watched some of Bagger Vance but couldn't get in to it.

Ken

• 1 year later...
Thumbs up for Dead Solid Perfect!

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

I have to say as far as comedy it would go 1)Happy Gilmore 2)Caddy Shack. On the more serious side I would go with 1)Greatest Game Ever Played 2)Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius. I have yet to see Legend of Bagger Vance or some of the others mentioned.

CaddyShack is one of the funniest movies ever made. I still love 'Tin Cup' and 'Happy Gilmore' though.

Maybe I relate to Caddyshack better as I actually saw it in the theater and my family belonged to a country club at the time so I saw so many similarities to my summers. I still laugh every time I see the movie and I have seen it too many times to count. I actually won some Caddyshack contest on Golfweb.com back in 1999 as well.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Best Drama : Tin Cup
Best Comedy : Happy Gilmore

I just don't get all the Caddyshach buzz. I've seen almost every movie mentioned here except Dead Solid Perfect. John Daly really likes this movie and mentioned it a lot in his book.

There is one scene in the Legend of Bagger Vance that I always will remember. Will says to Matt "Look at Bobby Jones". They then go into a scene where Bobby tunes the world out and focus' on the shot at hand. Nothing exist for him except that shot at that time. Might be how is really is for the great shotmakers.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

Tin Cup was a horror movie wasn't it? Truly frightening stuff!!
Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Caddy Shack and Happy Gilmore are both legendary. Dead Solid Perfect was also great. I liked Tin Cup a lot. It was probably because my love for golf was able to overshadow some of the bad parts of the film. Still haven't seen Bagger Vance or Greatest Game ever Played. I saw almost all of Bobby Jones. We were on a cruise and I kept catching it in 20 minute sections. Occasionally out of order.

Quick movie trivia piece. One guy wrote only two movies in his career and they are arguably the two greatest movies ever, Animal House and Caddy Shack. He then killed himself by jumping off a cliff in Hawai. He has a small role in Animal House as Stork. His classic line is "What the Hell we supposed to do, you morron." comes durring Belushi's rant about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Best golf movie ever: Caddyshack! Too bad all the young uns don't get it.

Hey, I'm a young un, and I LOVE Caddyshack! One of the best movies of all time! (Although, Happy Gilmore is also one of my favorites!) My dad raised me right: Caddyshack all the way!

Note: This thread is 3030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!