IGNORED

got fitted for irons today at dicks sportinggoods

Voiceontapex
Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

when he put me on the lie board we hit some, i started off and i was about 4 degrees flat, then we went and picked some off the shelf and he said well i think youre more warmed up now lets check the lie again i dont think you were as warmed up before

so we pulled back out the 4 degree flat head and it def wasnt rite, then we went to around 2 degrees and that seemed ok for me,

pulled some clubs off the sales floor i was interested in and he said that they were clubs he didnt think he should do anything to cause we were looking at being around 1 degree flat he said if i go play and notice them going left to bring htem back and he would bend them

i went and played and a couple went left but not all, do you think 1 degree would even make much of a difference for me to justify getting that done?

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

I recently bought a new set, and was asked if i wanted to get them fit. Of course I did.

so, I hit every iron with tape on the bottom. The result was I was told not to change a thing.

yea he told me if anything 1 degree flat on my lie or so im just wondering if thats even enough to notice or make a difference

Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

If I had to guess it would be no.

I was also told that its not worth it to bend the hossel (sp?) because it really creates strain on the club and weakens it much more than normal wear and tear.

I've read about bending the hosel could result in breaking the club. Is this to change the angle of the club? If so, should people be aware of this when using a custom fitting online?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I recently bought a new set, and was asked if i wanted to get them fit. Of course I did.

Same here. When I got fitted for my AP1s the only thing I got done to them was new grips.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

i took them out for another round today and well, i kept hitting them left, alot, and i know its probably something im doing but i cant help remember him saying if you notice youre hittingt hem left come back and i can bend them for you

it would only cost me 16$ to do it, eh ill keep playing see what happens, i think if i play a few more rounds and this keeps happening i might get them done

Victoria ;)

V - Did you hit the ball left much with your old clubs? I would be careful about adjusting the lie. When you get a new set of clubs the first thing you want to do is hit them farther than your old set. When I first got my irons I didn't realize that I was getting too aggressive which led to being over the top on more shots than not.

i took them out for another round today and well, i kept hitting them left, alot, and i know its probably something im doing but i cant help remember him saying if you notice youre hittingt hem left come back and i can bend them for you

It may be too late, but a good thing to do when looking for new clubs is to take a lesson about two weeks before you're ready to buy, and practice like it's your job to make sure you have your "best swing" when trying clubs at the store.

The reason why I suggest that is because maybe you had a flaw with your swing that is now exaggerated because of the different clubs(?) Obviously, different/new clubs will not weigh the same, feel the same, hit the same, and it is possible that they could just be a bad match for you. I'm a realist, the mindset for buying clubs is similar to buying a car...once you decide you're going to buy new, there's no turning back. With that in mind, it never hurts to invest $40-50 in a lesson to give yourself a little added confidence when testing new clubs.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

You know if you have your old set I would take them both over to the range and work it out. You don't want to make an adjustment like that and find out it creates another problem. At worst if you hit them side by side you can be confident if you have the lie changed that it was necessary.

---------------------------------------------

In My Slazenger Raw Distance Stand Bag

400 Launcher Gold Stiff 8.5*
Orlimar TriMetal 13*
3/5 Hybrid 19*
DCI 981 3-PW TTDG Stiff
RTG 588 52*
Anser 2
E5+

well my old clubs if anything they went right, lol and the first round i played they were awesome went straight a few holes they would go left, but yesterday they all went left almost every shot i hit, which isnt completly normal, it could have been an off day, ill play a few more rounds with them and try and work it out see whats goin o

Victoria ;)

Note: This thread is 5663 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!