IGNORED

5 degree driver

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently took my 9.5 degree r7 460 out of the bag for a slightly less known TechPower LD DVF Cup Face Driver. IT HAS 5 DEGREES OF LOFT... barely more than my putter... (I also put a 47 1/2 inch shaft on it)... I did it because I was hitting the ball way too high with the 9.5...

AM I NUTS?? (erik I know I'm a +4 i shouldn't be asking advice and I'm not)

has anyone else... just been hitting it solid with the driver and getting like no run and switched to a slightly less lofted driver... if so did u get what you were looking for...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im not a +4(far from it) but I would've thought 5 degrees and 2x flex would be overkill. 9.5 to 5 degrees is actually a huge difference in ball flight height. But I'm not the +4 so naturally you don't have to listen to my advice...

Just my 2 cents

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

why would you want run if you have enough length ?

I use a 9.5 hit it fairly high with a fade so that I don't get alot of run. Alot more control when the ball does'nt go rolling around the golf course.

Sounds like a frying pan on a stick.
Seriously though, how are you hitting it?

Gary

-----------------------------------------------
In my bag:
G10 Driver 9degree stiff G10 4 wood stiff Ci7 irons 4-GW SW Twoball putter ProV1

I'm curious too...it sounds like fun

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Wow sounds great - I have a high ball flight but when I try my pro's Ping 7.5 driver it goes inches off the ground! - he hits it reallly high though. He could probably do with a 5 degree!

+4 dude wow

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

I'd say its more likely that the problem with your old driver was to do with the shaft, rather than the head. 5 Degrees and 2X flex sounds like overkill. If you can hit it well though, why not.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

I have a 135 mph clubhead speed... is how I can hit it... but i get an inordinate amount of backspin... and my launch angle with the 9.5 is around 12... my launch angle with the 5 is around 9 and my spin rate is like 1500 rpm lower... Its about 30 yards longer than the other driver in total distance... At my par-4 1/2 3rd at my home course (its a par 5 on the card... for those of you from central New York know where I'm talking about... I hit it about 370 and had a 54-degree into the green... On 18 I hit it passed the pond and had 4-iron in (18 is 548 uphill all the way for the record) I may go back to the R7 if I figure out how to knock that spin rate down about 500-1000 rpm... for those of you who said it maybe a shaft problem could be right... I tinker around a lot... I still have a 50-inch Long Drive shaft... I may cut down to 47.5 to get the 2x flex and see what happens...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The Diamana Blueboard X-flex maybe the underlying problem... or 45 inches ain't long enough...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Are you going to try to get on the tour, because with a +4 you cold probably make it

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Would a +4 make it? Ive heard people say you need to shoot like 63 or 64 at your home course before your ready. I've heard completely different views from people.

If you can keep it together for 5 rounds, then you might get a card. Will you ever go anwhere with it? Probably not, but there's only one way to find out.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Is the 548 yard par 5 18th you're talking about at the Hillendale course in Ithaca? I just recently moved to Ithaca and I've played that course twice this week and that 548 yarder is a beast. I can make it in two as I can reach to the pond with carry+roll and then a 3 wood in. I actually eagled it the other day with a chip from the right side pin high.

I know Tiger plays a 7.5, Diamana whiteboard shaft too i think

In my bag
Driver - R7 CGB Max 9.5 Stiff
3W - R580 Stiff
Irons - MX-25 4-PW Project X 5.5
Hybrid - Halo 3iWedges - 52 & 60 Vokey Oil CanPutter - Studio Style Newport

Whatever works, but have you tried anything in between, like a 7 or 8 degree? I have heard of guys using 6.5 degrees, but no lower than that. If you are a +4 then accuracy is probably more important than distance for you so if you hit the 5 degree straight then more power to ya.

905R 9.5 degree w/ Graphite Design YS-6+ reg.
906F4 15.5 degree w/ Graphite Design YS-6+ reg.
G10 hybrid 18 degree w/ V2 reg.
MP-30 3-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Vokey Tour Chrome 56* and 60* Yes Callie Forged 34â TP Red Hoofer Vantage Team Bag

spin rate is an issue of loft not really an issue of the shaft. the reason your spin is so low is the 5* head. your numbers say that you have an positive angle of attack on the golf ball( that means hitting up on the ball). you are probably in a good driver for you from the info you are giving.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

Jeev Milka Singh uses a 6 degree driver! just read it in a golf mag

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Note: This thread is 5658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!