Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevidinho

degrees upright/degrees flat

4 posts in this topic

i have heard having irons too flat or too upright can cause a hook or slice. which one goes with which?

*i know that these should be fit a golf galaxy but im just looking to know the basics

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

i have heard having irons too flat or too upright can cause a hook or slice. which one goes with which?

I have always heard that too upright causes a draw/hook and too flat causes a fade/cut/slice.

From

Performance Center ->
Lie Angle: A lie angle that is too upright can result in shots that are pulled, or go to the left for right-handed people. A lie angle that is too flat may result in shots that are pushed, or go to the right for right-handed people. Having clubs that are at the proper lie can ensure that your shot pattern and shot shapes are as consistent as possible.

The guys above got it right. If a club is too upright the heel of the club will grab and cause the face to close and the ball to go left. Too flat of a lie makes for toe heavy turf contact and the face opens sending the ball right. The higher the loft of the club, the more exagerated the effect. Don't ask me why. I'm not sure, it just does.