IGNORED

Putter Grip

Note:Β This thread is 5652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I've been looking to get a new putter grip on my Sabertooth. Dwindling around low 30's in putts per round. Trying to do anything to bring it to around 30.

Never tried a jumbo grip and was thinking about trying it out. What are your thoughts.

Β« Keith Β»

i have never used a jumbo grip. i have putted with a win avs grip for a few years and loved it. i recently switched to the avs midsize which is slightly larger and i like it far more than the normal avs. it seems that my stroke has become more consistent because it is harder to turn the face, which results in less offline putts. just my experience

In my Hoofer Vantage

Driver: 907D2 9.5*
Wood: 906F4 15.5* 3 wood
Hybrid: 585H 19*Irons: i10 3-pwWedges: tp black z 52* & 58*Putter: tracy II

I will strongly suggest the Winn Excel Midsize Putter Grip. I put that grip on my white hot #9 about 2 months ago, and my putting strokes have gotten more consistent. Not to mention that my putts per round have gone down about 5 strokes per 18. I strongly recommend this grip, and doubt you will be disappointed.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56ΒΊ, 60ΒΊPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I've been looking to get a new putter grip on my Sabertooth. Dwindling around low 30's in putts per round. Trying to do anything to bring it to around 30.

I like your goal of 30 putts per round.....that would be sweet. The last 4 times I've kept up with mine it averaged 36. Gotta work on my iron play to help on the putting pressure. When I got back into golf again this past May...I didn't do much initially with my gear....just dusted it off after my 5 year layoff and started playing. It became evident after three rounds that I was not making headway with my putting. I did try someone else's putter (really short) and it helped. I was also too wristy with my stroke. I went to a local golf shop and saw they had the oversize Odyssey grips made by Winn. These things were huge compared to the stock offerings. I had them cut my putter down and install one. The next round I played showed immediate improvement on putting....especially with distance control....my misses were mostly easy tap-ins. The only downside....for me...with this oversized grip and short putter....was with long lag putts. These putts were overly difficult....feel was out the window. I've since abandoned that grip and putter altogether and moved on to a basic heel/toe weighted model. The main reasons were the struggles with long lag putts and changes made to my putting stroke. Now I try to allow the putter to release through the stroke where I used to fight it. I love the smaller paddle style grip for this. It's a work in progress and time will tell......... Long answer simply to say this....if you are currently trying to "shock" your stroke for some type of change then a grip seems a pretty harmless move...you can always go back. The oversize grips work great for me with face balanced putters and a straight back/ straight through stroke. $15 or so to see if it helps.....Seems worth it to me just to try it out.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

i have the Winn J8WS (jumbo) and love it!!!!! i have since putted the best i have. between that and putting cross handed, i am one/two putting most holes (may have one three putt in a round, maybe). I have a odyssey rosie xg hot 33" with that jumbo grip and alot of people wanna try it, then they do and they usually like it. i would go to a shop and see what you think. hope this helps!
Chris

In My AMP Bag:
- FT-3 Draw 9Β°
- 3 Wood
- Black Max 3H
- Black Max 5-PWKnight: - Wedge 52Β° -- 60Β° - 33" XG White Hot Rossie W/ Jumbo Grip TOURi Ball Glove

I usually use just a normal grip and I was putting bad and I couldn't make a 2 footer to save my life. then I was reading on another forum about this putter grip called the big lite, this grip I a huge jumbo and I think its a great grip. I have never putted better in my life. I noticed that with a normal grip I was using my wrists alot and with this putter grip I feel that it keeps my wrists out of my putting stroke and its really lite for a putter grip and it still has good feel to it. So I look into it and see what you think.

would you be interested in a Super stroke grip?

I got one on of my recent acquisitions and I'm pretty sure it will never see the golf course Black good shape, just like KJ uses

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Try the Jumbo Winn Excell AVS.

It is a jumbo grip, but offers great touch/feel.

I have found it allows me to create a better stroke without my wrists breaking.

I have also used the 2-thumb and Superstroke, but have found that from 15 feet out, it is hard to get nice feel.
Driver:Β CallawayΒ Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex)Β 3 Wood:Β CallawayΒ Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex).Β 2 Hybrid:Β AdamsΒ A4 Tech 17*Β (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex).Β 3 and 4 Hybrid:Β AdamsΒ Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons:Β Tour EdgeΒ Exotics...

I thought a long time about getting the tiger shark grip which is a super jumbo size. I did try it out and yeah, it helped me get my putts less handsy but once I got home, I tried my putter again and the wrist motion was gone! once that was fixed, what the heck was I gonna regrip for? grip your putter, put a piece of tape from your thumb to your wrist and use that as a practice guide. You do loose a bit of feel due to the thickness of the grip so distance control starts to go a bit. If you really really want it, go for it but IMO, not worth the trouble. I mean, putting is the easiest stroke in the game, how many times have you screwed up a putt, not missed, just failed to get the ball moving? Just tap the ball at the hole, it's worth it to work on that.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Titleist Scotty Cameron Baby T. black or red.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Jay-Bird:

This is off topic completely but very, very important.

Please change your handicap. Lying in this case is OK. 6.65 or 6.67 please! Haha

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I have a Gripmaster Tour Laced and its sweeeet

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Jay-Bird:

done.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I have a Winn midsize pistol grip.

I like it alright, but you cannot get it wet. If it gets wet, even just from the dew on the grass, it is really slippery, and it takes a long time to dry, towel won't even touch it. It gets almost slimey. I've heard this is the case with alot of Winn grips?? Is that true?

Anyway, I've got a midsize cameron on the way.

I got a SuperStroke grip about 2 months ago and I really like it. You really do relax all the muscles in the hands and forearms, so you are free of tension, allowing for a smooth stroke. It has helped me and I would highly recommend it.

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5 Fujikura Regular
Fairway woods: 3 Launcher Steel Regular
Hybrid 3i HiBore XLS
Irons 4-PW Launcher Steel Regular
Wedges: Launcher GW Niblick 10 CG10 SW CG14 60 LW Putter: Voodoo Daddy with SuperStroke GripBalls:

Note:Β This thread is 5652 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!