IGNORED

Anyone else revamping the bag for the off season?

Note:Β This thread is 5635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

i know i have!

got TMade rac TP a black 52, and a satin 58, to go with my 64 588. one i stole from my dad, the other i got from my coach for free.

i got two new sets of irons, Mizzy mp 60's, and rac MB's. Traded a 906 and a rescue Tp for the MB;s, and r7 TP's for the 60's.

also got a 905R with an EPIC shaft. 150 at GSmith

TMade TourSpoon R7 TP. 80 on ebay.

Titleist 585H's, a 17 and a 21, NV stiffs, 100 for both.

Is anyone familiar with the tour concept s300 shafts? they are the shafts in my 60's.

geez i kinda got a whole new bag haha.

Anyone else redoing it all for next year?

Brian.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm probably going to revamp it this offseason. Maybe not as much as you, but I plan to make some changes. I have a new hybrid head that I plan to have custom fit and maybe reshaft some of my clubs. I know I need to get them bent and softened in flex. Some changes, but nothing too drastic.

I just started again this year after 10 years off and got old hand me downs from my wifes dad. Decided I liked golf enough again to invest in a set for myself.

Irons - Just ordered a set of Nike Ignite 3H 4-PW off ebay for $200
Driver - The Callaway he gave me is ok, but I might look into something new before next season
SW - Probably gonna pick up a SW this weekend, so far I'm looking at the Nike SV black satin finish
Bag - Brothers old bag with broken zippers is being replaced with something asap. Thinking Callaway warbird or Nike Xtreme Sport 2
Putter - Gonna put some time into practicing with the one I have until I get a feel for how I like it
Shoes - Don't have any right now (only played about 6 full rounds this year until having surgery ended the season for me). Thinkin in the < $100 range to start, so some lower end ADIDAS or NIKE will probably be in line for me

Then it's all practice practice and hopefully being able to afford some lessons just before next season starts.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Nope. Plan on keeping this set for a long time, hopefully. Everything I got in my bag was purchased this season and I've been very happy.

If anything, I'll probably get a 3 wood if I can find a Tour Edge Exotics for a good price.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Probably new Mp-52s 57s or AP-2s and the new titleist driver.

But I'll probably only get one of those things and save some money.
In the Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-5
3 Wood: Ping G10
Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue TP(3)
Irons: Mizuno MX25(3-PW)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin-Milled 54 and 60Putter: Odyssey Black Series #1

I just put in an order today for everything below in my sig. Should be here in a couple weeks!

909 D2 9.5Β° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17Β°/20Β° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54Β°/12Β° & 60Β°/8Β° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

i know i have!

wow you got a great deal for the trade were you got the tou issue rac mbs they are going for like $400 to $600 on ebay.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I don't know about the whole set, but for sure a few in the bag.
I am going to try to ditch the 4 iron and pick up a 4 hybrid - maybe that new ping rapture 09 version with the Mitsubishi Javelin shaft.

Then the other update for me is going to be my wedges. Going to dump the 56 degree for a 54 and a 58 to improve my gaps a bit. (Not sure on brand yet though). I like the Vokey spin milled but the zip grooves on the Clevelands look the part too.

I am selling my Hibore XLS, but I dont think I will buy another driver, probably just use the Cobra driver and 3 wood off the box.

Then lastly, the bag itself I may go to another color of the OGIO Grom or theres a Nike bag that I I have my eye on as well.

EDGE stand bag
S9-1 PRO S - Matrix XCON 6
Rapture 14 degree Aldila VS
DWS Baffler 2 Hybrid Adila stiff
A7 4 hybrid USTAXIVAP1 710 5-GW KBS StiffCG14 - 54.1262.07 Vokey Spin MilledWhite Ice BladeGolf BallsBlack TP & Pro V1x

Absolutely I'm considering redoing my bag. But with the economy as it is, I'm trying to tell myself it would be stupid to spend the dough at this time. That being said, I did build a Mizuno set this week online. It mimics exactly the set I have now. That would be:

High loft driver, 4 wood, 4 hybrid, short shafted 5 hybrid, SGI 6 iron, 7-pw in players' irons, GW, SW, LW. I think I'd keep my 64. I know I'll never change putters. The price for my new set? $1600 not including tax or bag. Hmmm

im planning on buying some stuff between now and spring and then keeping that set for a while. im set for a driver, and i just got chrome titleist 735s to replace my 775s. now i want to get a 13.5 906f4 and i need a new bag..im thinking a hoofer vantage

and maybe a mizuno mpr 52.07 to replace my vokey 252.08..maybe

Burner 9.5 '09/905R 9.5 V2 HL
906F2 15 75g NV Stiff
735 3 - PW S300
MP R 52.07, 58.12 S300
Original Karsten B60 Hoofer 2

The last time that I revamped my bag was 1999. I hadn't replaced a single club over the last 9 years so I decided in August that it was time to, at the very least, replace my driver. That was the beginning of the end. Since then my bag has transformed, literally.

Start of 2008 ->

Bag: Original Hoofer (vintage 1996)
Driver: 8.5' Hawk Eye Pro Series w/S 3.1 shaft
Irons: i3 Blade 2-SW (green dot) w/JZ XS shaft, DCI 60'
Putter: mallet
Ball: Pro v1

Start of 2009 ->

Bag: Hoofer Vantage
Driver: 9.5' FT-5 N I-Mix w/Diamana WB 73 XS
Woods: 15' FT N Tour w/Aldila VS Proto 80 XS
Irons: ZM 3-PW w/S300, Scratch Golf 52' SND, 56' SFU, 60' EGG
Putter: White Hot Tour #2
Ball: Pro V1x

See my sig for my current bag.

As I do every spring, I'll go through a couple of different 2009 ball offerings and may switch things up. I'll likely add a couple of additional I-Mix shafts and perhaps an FT-9 and/or FT-iq head as well. Other than that, chances are that my bag will remain relatively stable for quite a while.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB ProΒ | Miura 1957 Irons | YururiΒ Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat |Β TaylorMadeΒ Penta

Start of '08:

Nike SQ Sumo Driver 10.5*
Taylormade Burner Fairway 15*
PING Rapture Hybrid 18*
PING i10 4-W
PING Tour 54*, 58*
Circa '62 33"

Now:

907 D2 UST V2
906F4 Aldila VS Proto "By You"
585H Aldila VS Proto "By You"
ZB TTDG S300
Vokeys TTDG S200
Red X5 33"

I still need a 3 wood, and I'm always looking at new putters.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I will be switching my hybrid from a nickent 3d2 15.5 to a 17 and adding a couple new putters to the stable.

I could not kick my driver out(Callaway FT-3) and I have tried, even though it sounds like crap it goes straight and pounds the ball. My Wishon 949 MC 3 wood isn't going anywhere anytime soon either.

X-tour irons are only one season old so I have to play another season with them before I make a decision on them and my M series Maltby wedges are not going anywhere(although I have replaced them with exact copies three or four times over the last three years.

im not sure yet, im definetly getting something new because i have x-mas and a jan 4th b day. i will be recieving a new ping hoofer bag because im on a golf team, so my name and team colors will be on that!
i was also thinking about switching the r7 425 10.5* out for a new tour burner or anyhing else that works well for me(909 maybs). i want the tour burner tp 14.5* 3 wood, and a new hybrid to go along with it, miz mp fli high, titleist the new 1, burner, adams pro gold 2. i am also thinking about getting a new vokey to go along with my 54*, i think probly a 60 or 58 will fill the gap nicely. I like my taylormade r7 irons so i dont think i will change those until next summer.

Well not really, but by Christmas I will get a cg11 sand wedge to match my lob wedge. I just got the 2008 burner rescue club in my sig. Irons, driver putter, 3 wood, and lob wedge were first played this season, so there good for a least one more.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

i would like to add a new putter. my dunlop perfect line putter that my friend gave me just isnt cutting it. looking into the cleveland classic 1 putter or maybe a Yes! Tracy.

summer and spring is usually when i throw money at golf stuff, fall and winter is when i go crazy with guitars and guitar accessories.

in my cart bag

Hi-Bore XL 9.5* stiff flex
Sport Series 19* 5 wood
Sport Series 15* 3 wood HBT Irons PW-3H Reg. 588 64*

I'm gonna ditch my 3 wood and replace it with a 1h. Also going to get a 50* wedge to fill the gap between my 45*PW and 54*SW. Im also in the process of testing new putters, it will be my third of the season (yes it is the weakest part of my game so I blame the equipment). Ideally I would like to swap my 60* wedge for a 58* but that will be the last thing I do.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gifΒ Idea ProΒ 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Note:Β This thread is 5635 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!