IGNORED

Average Distances - How Far Do You Hit Each Club? (And Don't Lie!)

Note: This thread is 963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver 285 yards Ping G25, 9.5 loft regular flex - Regular flex is always a huge benefit..even with a 110mph swing. Stay away from the stiff flex 3 wood calloway reg flex 250 yards 3 hybrid ping flex 230 yards 4 hybrid reg flex 220 yards 5 iron 195 yards 6 iron 185 yards 7 iron 165-170 8 iron 155-160 9 iron 140-150 Pitch W 130 A/G Wedge 125 Sand Wedge 100-115 Loft Wedge 64 degrees 60-70 yards

Driver 285 yards Ping G25, 9.5 loft regular flex - Regular flex is always a huge benefit..even with a 110mph swing. Stay away from the stiff flex

I won't argue that it may be a huge benefit to you, but I've spent a lot of time getting fitted and testing clubs. This Ping G25 in tour X stiff flex has been the best by far for me. Blanket statements about what flex is best for everyone are bound to be inaccurate.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stiff shafts cause a lower fading trajectory for me. Loss of distance. For me even swinging 110mph the ball just keeps going. I will never play a stiff shaft again.

• Administrator
Stiff shafts cause a lower fading trajectory for me. Loss of distance. For me even swinging 110mph the ball just keeps going. I will never play a stiff shaft again.

That's you. I play an X.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Honestly if you can't shoot between 68-78 consistently then the clubs dont really matter. If you average 96-108 on 18 holes equipment is not the problem. Your swing is

• Administrator
Honestly if you can't shoot between 68-78 consistently then the clubs dont really matter. If you average 96-108 on 18 holes equipment is not the problem. Your swing is

They still matter. C'mon. Not as much but they still matter.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rofl, that's pretty funny.

Exactly, there's a reason that my scores are going down since I've been getting clubs that are fit to me. They aren't going to make me a scratch player, but they are helping me with less than perfect strikes. Like I said, making a blanket statement about what's best for everyone is going to be inaccurate.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I agree completely. Having the right shafts for your swing speed is a huge part of golf even if you shoot in the 80's or 90's. Also if you're playing bladed irons or tour performance drivers of you have a flat or uneven swing, your scores are going to reflect it. If you want to perform your best, you need equipments that compliments your game.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Just become an excellent chipper and putter. Then shooting par is like clockwork

Uh oh, I've been doing it all wrong. :cry:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Definitely still matter. You wouldn't want a guy who plays to a +20 handicap, with 90 mph club head speed playing something like a Titleist D3 with a Diamana 70g X-stiff shaft.

You wouldn't want them playing Titleist MB912's either.

Fitting helps any level of golfer.

Just become an excellent chipper and putter. Then shooting par is like clockwork

No it's not. Even the best golfers in the world don't have a 100% scrambling rate. If you don't have a 100% scrambling rate, then you better hit every green in regulation or you are not going to shoot par.

Check out this thread,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Everytime I shoot par or under par...my chipping and putting is spot on. That's the difference between a average golfer and an amazing golfer.

• Administrator
Everytime I shoot par or under par...my chipping and putting is spot on. That's the difference between a average golfer and an amazing golfer.

Wrong thread for this, but no… maybe specific to your game, but generally, no, you're way off. If you want to continue discussing this, there are plenty of more appropriate threads.

All im saying is that it doesn't matter how far the ball travels. Or what club you hit 180...if you can't putt or chip then you might end looking like a fool

• Administrator

All im saying is that it doesn't matter how far the ball travels. Or what club you hit 180...if you can't putt or chip then you might end looking like a fool

Still not the thread for that discussion. Lots of other threads discuss that. Also… buy this.

Forced carries, it either makes it over or not.

Google earth a bunch of forced carries over water at increasing distances keep hitting balls until you get a splash. The distance less than "splash" is your carry. Then do it like something more than 10 times. That's roughly your average carry.

I like this idea but i would definitely just use a sand trap. i would rather not have to go diving for my ball after splashing. haha

"Swing with a Purpose" 

What's In The Bag:
Woods: Driver: RBZ stage 2 10* 3 wood: RBZ 15* 5 wood: NIke vapor speed 19*
Irons/ wedges: Rbladez tour 4-PW; Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 56*, CG11 60*
Putter: Odyssey White ice #9

is it too late to post my distances? driver: 265(struggle the most with distance on this club) 3w: 275 5w: 255(I think I need less loft so my gap to my 3iron isn't 5 yards) 3i:250 4i: 230 5i: 218 6i: 205 7i: 195 8i: 165 9i: 150 pw: 125 56°: 100 60° 80 all full swings of course

driver: 265
3w: 235
5w: 215
4H: 200-210 (depends on the day and the swing)
5i: 190
6i: 180
7i: 165
8i: 155
9i: 145
pw: 135
GW: 125

56°: 105

Putter 5'

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!