IGNORED

Putter Length? 33" or 34" or ..

Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How do you determine or what is the correct sizing process?

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Pick whatever is the most comfortable for you, your stance, and your stoke.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Get properly fitted or do it yourself .

In myBagBoy Revolver: HiBore XL 10.5° ⢠HiBore 3W ⢠Halo 2i, 3i & 4i
MX900 5-PW ⢠MP-R 52-07° & 58-10° ⢠Studio Select Squareback 1

Carl Spackler: This is a hybrid. This is a cross of Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff...

I tried numerous putters and dialed in on the right length before buying one.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'm 5ft8 and use a 33'' because that's what feels comfortable to me. My buddy is 6ft3 and also uses a 33'', better than I do. He got fitted for it at the Scotty Cameron Studio while he was on the Canadian Tour. So, as you can see, there's no real relation between height and putter length.

Just go with whatever feels comfortable.

i"m 6' 2'' and always thought I needed a 35 or 36. I seemed to sometimes stub the ground behind the ball. I now use a 33 and never stub it and putt much better

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

You can get an idea from the online fitting places then head down to your golf shop and try them out. I technically should be in a 34" if I followed the fitting guide but feel much more comfortable in a 35". Depends on your stroke, address, grip and so on.

I wouldn't stress about it too much, you can easily change it either way if it doesn't work out. Have fun picking out a new weapon

How do you determine or what is the correct sizing process?

Putter choice/length is probably one of most personal choices in golf.

Personally, I used to use a 35 inch putter my whole life (im just at 6 foot and 26), until i tried the same putter in a pro shop and it was amazing what an inch off made. It allowed me to make a smoother stroke and minimised my issues with the swing transition. More of a true pendulum motion. I have been playing with 34's for the past 2 seasons and my putting has improved out-of-sight. This is just my experience. The best way to determine would be to go to your local proshop and pick up a similar putter head to what you are looking at getting (ie, if you looking at buying a ping anser-style putter, dont pick up an Odyssey 2-ball). usually, with popular models, they will have a few different shaft lengths. I would certainly try comparing 34 to a 35, or even a 33. I hope this helps
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Cool these are helpful. I thought there was a correlation to a person's height.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Trial and error is the old method. That being said....

Go to a Ping fitter. You don't have to buy Ping, but Ping has the coolest putter fitting tool. It has a telescoping shaft and an adjustable lie club head. You can set the club shaft to the exact length that feels the best and then bend the clubhead to a lie that sits flush on the ground.

I repeat, this takes 30 seconds at most to fit if you already have a sound feel for what you want to do with the putter. Then you can take the specs and order a Cameron or whatever. Few people know about this tool but everyone could benefit from it.

I've fought the missing of short putts for two different spells in my 18 year golfing life (I'm 21) when I was 10 I couldn't make a putt from 4 to 8 feet I played with a putter that was an inch shorter than my other putter and made a huge difference, my senior year in high school, at States, the first round I shot 78 with 34 putts using a 34" putter, I switched to a 33" and had 23 putts and shot 64 and finished second... 4 years later I still putt with a 33"... (and I'm 6'5"), though I have experimented with as short as 30"...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cool these are helpful. I thought there was a correlation to a person's height.

I did too until i went to one of those Dave Pelz short game clinics and got fitted. I went from a 35" flatstick to a 33" and 2 degrees upright on my lie. World of difference.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

I actually went the opposite way. I'm only 5'10" but I went from a 33" to a 35". It was mainly because the lie angle of my new putter was a little smaller but I also liked the extra momentum involved in getting a longer shaft. My putting has definitely gotten a bit better, maybe because the ball rolls on line now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!