IGNORED

Gun Owners!

Laxplayer201092
Note: This thread is 3068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all you gun nuts!

here are my questions for you..

1)What all you all shootin these days?

2)what are you going to do if Obama becomes Pres?

3) Any plans for future purchases?

my answers-Right now i ahve just been getting good with my AR and 1911, but my dad just got a Walther PPS, which is pretty nifty for CCW.

2)Biden wrote the assualt weapon ban, so i am seriously concerned with the legality of my weapons in the coming months..and a 500% increase of firearms and ammo is gonna put some hurt on the wallet..

3) Lookin into a Walther P99 OD from my buddy, and in the future a M14, wooden stock, with a Leupold on it, and either an EoTech or an ACOG for the ol' AR.

NRA Life Member,
Brian.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't like to talk about my guns, I have them because it's required by my profession...if it was not necessary for me to carry I would not. As far as laws I have mixed feelings though I typically support tougher gun laws (not an outright ban however) that put more stipulations on who can have them....an example being the 5150 hold here in Ca (72 hour psychiatric hold), if you get put in one of these no more guns for you. I don't mind that citizens can own firearms, I do mind that they don't educate their children and I end up taking a death report because little Johnny went exploring while Dad was at work. As far as fully automatic assault rifles, at least where I live, there is absolutely no need for anyone to purchase or own these....the applications are few and far between...in fact our duty assault rifles are only semi-automatic and that is more than enough. If the AR isn't enough then I don't need to be there, time for a SWAT call out. I should say I also mind when citizens think they can somehow play police now and overstep their boundaries.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Equipment, dotn take this as an arguement, i just want to see where you lie on some of these things..

CA state laws regarding firearms are pretty crazy if i do say so myself.. They have an outright ban on an caliber above .50, and as im sure you know, Barrett (the makers of the acclaimed M82) came out with a .499 caliber rifle,whihc is actually more powerful than the .50 caliber version, doesnt that seema little arbitrary?

I agree that children need to be educated a whole lot more about firearms, i was introduced at a very young age, i was told that if i ever wanted to handle the weapons, all i needed to do was ask, there was never any mystery there, so i didnt feel the urge, or the "thrill of the chase" to play wiht my dads guns. It can be tragic, a 12 year old kid was at a shooting range firing a Full auto Uzi, and the climb put a bullet into his brain. tragic, but its nothing more than neglegence on the parents part. Guns are not dangerous. People are.

Finally, why shouldnt people own Full Autos? i know several friends of mine and family members who have gone through the paperwork and time to get a class III liscence, and i dont see why they shouldnt be allowed to own them. Familys in Iraq are permitted a fully automatic weapon to protect their home.. And if a criminal is going to kill someone, he is commiting murder, he doesnt care if hes using a full auto or not, he doesnt care if his weapon is illegal, laws like that only affect people who obey them.

P.S. If an AR isnt enough, than you guys got some hardcore criminals over there.. Altho a friend of mine in Iraq put 6, yes six 5.56 into a hopped up Terrorist..Guy turned around and ran away..Shame for poor Terminal ballistics!

Bakke.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

i'm going to melt my gun to make a gun-metal 60 degree wedge

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Equipment, dotn take this as an arguement, i just want to see where you lie on some of these things..

I'll see what I am willing to answer.....my views and answers don't apply to 99.99% of the public because of my job, and I'm not going to share specific annecdotal experiences because they don't mean anything to anyone else.

CA state laws regarding firearms are pretty crazy if i do say so myself.. They have an outright ban on an caliber above .50, and as im sure you know, Barrett (the makers of the acclaimed M82) came out with a .499 caliber rifle,whihc is actually more powerful than the .50 caliber version, doesnt that seema little arbitrary?

Sure it seems arbitrary if you single in on one single law and then take one single aspect of that single law and put it into a context favorable to you.

I agree that children need to be educated a whole lot more about firearms, i was introduced at a very young age, i was told that if i ever wanted to handle the weapons, all i needed to do was ask, there was never any mystery there, so i didnt feel the urge, or the "thrill of the chase" to play wiht my dads guns. It can be tragic, a 12 year old kid was at a shooting range firing a Full auto Uzi, and the climb put a bullet into his brain. tragic, but its nothing more than neglegence on the parents part. Guns are not dangerous. People are.

I agree with that except the last sentence which is just NRA hyperbole...though a gun-sterile environment would eliminate the danger in that particular scenario.

Finally, why shouldnt people own Full Autos? i know several friends of mine and family members who have gone through the paperwork and time to get a class III liscence, and i dont see why they shouldnt be allowed to own them. Familys in Iraq are permitted a fully automatic weapon to protect their home.. And if a criminal is going to kill someone, he is commiting murder, he doesnt care if hes using a full auto or not, he doesnt care if his weapon is illegal, laws like that only affect people who obey them.

I did not say people do not have the right to own them, I said there is no useful application for the average person. I could write an essay on your poor example of a home invasion, there are much better choices. As for the last sentence it doesn't sound like your asking me anything, sounds like an NRA brochure to me. The Iraq allegory is a straw man defense I won't even begin to entertain that.

P.S. If an AR isnt enough, than you guys got some hardcore criminals over there..

It's LA dude...

Altho a friend of mine in Iraq put 6, yes six 5.56 into a hopped up Terrorist..Guy turned around and ran away..Shame for poor Terminal ballistics! Bakke.

Thankfully I've never had to use deadly force and I hope I never do. Again firearms are a necessity for me not a want. I have very little interest beyond their professional application. FWIW though I support most gun laws, in general I hate special interest groups, including the NRA...the underlying racism and religious bigotry in that group astounds me.

long Beach Skylinks

Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Well in that case why not allow people to own a nuclear bomb its the same arguement you are making just on a greater scale is it not? The Iraq example seems frankley rather inappropriate given the situation and the reasons for it . I am pretty sure most of the people who have perpetrated all the recent school shootings both in the US and europe were not criminals before they acted , they did however have access to automatic weapons .

I reckon if no one had guns there would be no need to have guns to protect yourself.
Then if your going to say what if you are attacked by someone with a knife or baseball bat & you need a gun to protect yourself, well obviously if you have a gun then your attacker is going to bring a gun so their pointless.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Why shouldn't they own a fully automatic gun? Because they can easily kill like 10 people in a matter of like a minute. Name one practice use, a fully automatic fun has over a semi. The semi will do just as good for self defense too, your not going to be wanting to spray all over your house.

Altho a friend of mine in Iraq put 6, yes six 5.56 into a hopped up Terrorist..Guy turned around and ran away..Shame for poor Terminal ballistics!

we are still killing lots of terrorists though and soon there won't be any cuz we killed them all and then the world will be fixed

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

i'm going to melt my gun to make a gun-metal 60 degree wedge

ganjagolfer, if you lived in Ca you could only make it a 49* wedge as anything ove 50* is illegal. Dude, you kill me, great wit.

Laxplayer201092, just sent my SR9 in for upgrade, haven't even fired it yet. Heard on the news that gun purchases are up 10% because of Obama/Biden. I'm not sure what will happen, I sold a bunch of my stuff when Clinton came in thinking he would pass new laws, but he had a Republican Congress to off set him. If BHO goes too crazy I think the off year elections will see the Repubs win enough seats to split Congress again and help reign him in, at least I hope so. I've heard may stories on the 556's lack of power and I hope we go to something like the 6.8 SPC. When I bought my Berreta, I got it in .40 for basically the same reason, even though 9mm HPs will do the trick. Hang in there.... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

• Administrator
I reckon if no one had guns there would be no need to have guns to protect yourself.

"If guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns."

In other words, if you outlaw guns, only criminals will have them. Statistics show that crime rates are lower in areas with high gun ownership among homeowners. I'm cool with fully autos being banned (seriously, there's no need for them unless you're a collector or something), but I believe strongly in my right to own firearms. I have two: a 9mm (home protection and for fun, cheap bullets) and a target .22.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One thing this thread has done is remind me I need to teach some basics to my fiance since she has recently moved in. I'm also completely okay with handgun ownership all the way down to shotguns and semi-automatic assault rifles like the colt modified AR-15, but fully automatic weapons just do have practical applications, in fact in close quarters or suburban warfare I wouldn't want one most of the time. I have found the 12 guage to be much more suitable at close range.

long Beach Skylinks

"One thing this thread has done is remind me I need to teach some basics to my fiance since she has recently moved in."

Yes! When my wife (girlfriend at the time) moved in with me it was one of the very first things we discussed. And when I say discussed, I mean range time and serious safety discussions.

Even folks who are anti-gun IMHO should have their children taught about firearms because even though they don't *like* them they are a reality that at some point the child may have to deal with. Ignorance is not a safe way to approach firearm safety. Education IMHO will save more lives than bans.

On the subject of full-autos in the hands of civilians I'm split. I honestly can't think of a legitimate use I might have for one (certainly not home defense), but I like the idea that if I can pass the background check etc. that I would be allowed to own one (or more).

"If guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns."

I'd like to see the report, I believe it is true, but not for the reason you are claiming here. Here is how I think it plays out, and it is only opinion since I haven't done the research yet: Crime is higher in cities which typically have less gun owners. But the crime is a fact of a greater concentration of people not lack of guns. (I would also be interested if you did the same survey with handguns vs. crime; rather than all guns...I would bet the overall impression of the report would change). I am not for banning guns, in fact I think that people should be able to have whatever they want. I am for stricter laws governing how they are obtained. I think the laws should be strict to the point of a nuisance. I own two guns both rifles an old 1914 .35 pump action and .22. But I haven't fired a gun in 10 years.

I have found the 12 guage to be much more suitable at close range.

Just the sound of racking a 12 gauge has probably stopped more crime than any gun law.... jmoc

"Courage is fear holding on one minute longer." Gen. Geo. S. Patton, 5 June 1944

Grom Desert Camo
Dymo HL Driver and 5 Wood
GC Hybrids 3-5 i15 irons 6-pw Tour-W 50*, 54* and 58* wedges White Hot XG Hawk Freak Neo GPS

Fact- Australia outlaws all guns. No one in australia can own firearms..

http://www.gunowners.org/hlr-au.htm

Stow- im not sure your familiar with the term, "bump firing" but it essentially allows you to shoot full auto with a semi automatic weapon. Besides, would you not be more startled by a man that was shooting single, accurate shots at you, than some guy doing beirut offhand? Why arent more troops dying in iraq from small arms fire? because no one aims fully automatic weapons. Even the military doesnt use fully automatic weapons because they dont have a lethal purpose. The standard M16A4 has a safe, semi, and 3 round burst. The Marines kill plenty of people with that. No full auto. The only full auto weapons are the M240 and the M249, both of which are used as suppressive fire weapons, not used to take out point targets. The point is, a man that knows how to shoot is far more deadly than some kid with a fully automatic weapon.

Iacas- Thanks for the quote, and i agree, If your going to break into a house, wouldnt you enter a home that you know doesnt own firearms?

Junkie- While i will concur that shotguns are a far more useful weapon in a situation in ones home,what about when it moves outside? what about when the man breaks in and takes your fiancee hostage? Slugs? a rifle is a clear cut choice here, i also dont appreciate you calling my organization raciscts and bigots. :P

I will also agree that full autos may have no practical use, but i will leave you with this, "the next war for freedom wont be fought with muskets."

Junkie- While i will concur that shotguns are a far more useful weapon in a situation in ones home,what about when it moves outside? what about when the man breaks in and takes your fiancee hostage? Slugs? a rifle is a clear cut choice here, i also dont appreciate you calling my organization raciscts and bigots. :P

The NRA is what is is, my opinion on them stands and is rooted with experience and evidence. I'm not sure about you but if my family gets taken hostage I don't think I'm going to attempt a rescue on my own and get center happy. I'd call out crisis negotiation and set up a containment....that's the way professionals handle it and that's who you should let take control of the situation if it should occur (Don't play police man). And please in the future do not use my fiance in your whacko gun nut scenarios, it cheapens your opinions.

long Beach Skylinks

Note: This thread is 3068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!