IGNORED

Career that allows more golf???

Cinco
Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I own a small business with my wife. I get to play 2 or 3 times a week. I could play more but I'd start feeling guilty about playing so much while my wife is running the store!

Driver: Tour Burner
3wood: speed ld
Hybrid: Slingshot
Irons: AP2
Putter: Rossa monte carlo 7

Winning the lottery would give you plenty of time for golf becuase you'ed never need to work in the firs place and you could buy some sexy clubs

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

my best friend's brother just got himself a gig working on an oil rig in the gulf, and the schedule out there is 7 days on, 7 days off. i'm not sure how good the pay is, but if you can deal with working 7 straight days, you'd have yourself two weeks out of the month free to play golf as much as you pleased.

...in fact, that sounds pretty good. hm.

i'm a nurse that works 2 days and 2 nights (12 hrs), then i get 5 days off. so there's potential to play on either morning before nightshifts, then on each of the days off.

In my ogio.gif GROM stand bag...

taylormade.gif Tour Burner 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 19* #5 titleist.gif 909H 19*  titleist.gif 909H 24* 
titleist.gif AP1 710 4-UW  taylormade.gifRAC satin 56* taylormade.gifRossa Daytona 1 Classic titleist.gif DT SoLo

I have a friend that works the European stock market and works from 9 pm - 7am and can play golf Monday - Friday if he wanted.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Any job that you need to meet with people for business i.e. insurance and sales. My girlfriends father owns an Insurance agency and plays all the time with clients. Also a tax accountant could problem having business meetings with clients on the course and write it off as a business expense.

I am a computer nerd about to graduate college next May. If I can't land a job I am going to freelance and build websites. Clearly I could make my own hours for this, however would need a lot of site to make enough to play.

"To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call wherever the ball lands the target"

one of my friends works on an oil rig and works two weeks on three off. During the summer he sometimes does 36 holes in a day. he plays every day when hes home, although he works his nuts off when he is there.

I'm a Realtor and my playing partner is a bartender.
We play mon-thursday. It works well for both of us, we avoid the high traffic days, know all the pros and do most of our volume of work durring the busy time at the course.
Some days get a little long for both of us but its worth it!

I have been racking my brain trying to think of a career that allows more time for golf. Can anyone help me out?

Im a field rep for an online advertising company. I have 3 appointments per day that i go on, then im pretty much done. Sometimes i get a cancellation or drop out and im done sooner. Key is to book them early and be done early. each appointment is only about an hour long so Im supposed to do other work stuff in the field for the other 5 hours.

Now, if i wasnt such an awesome employee and i wasnt fully committed to "doing the right thing" im sure i could fit in 2 rounds per day....but i wouldnt know exactly...

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

Anything where you work nights would work I'd think.

dave

In The Bag:
- Wishon 949MC 10.5* Driver
- Wishon 525 F/D 3W
- Wishon 515 949MC 5W
- Wishon 60* Cx Micro LW- Wishon 550M SW (55*)- Wishon 550M GW bent to 50* - Wishon 550C 6i - 9i (9i bent to 45*)- Wishon 321Li 3i/4i/5i hybrids- Odyssey Two Ball Putter

Kinda revolves around what your skills are....Work sales/marketing and use golf for sales meetings. I've done that 30/40 times a year for quite some time. Work nights allowing all day. Teach and summers are off. But really what are your skills and is golf more important than income/career!!!!

Real Estate, Insurance, Firefighter, or any job where you can work an overnight shift and be off when the sun is up.

yea, that is if you dont require sleep!

9.5* Burner TP
15.0* 3-wood
18.0* 2-hybrid
3-pw DCI gold
54.0* sandwedge 60.0* lob wedge 34" rossa daytona putter penta extreme golf bag and glove

yea, that is if you dont require sleep!

Do you sleep every minute that you don't work?

What's the difference in working from 7am-3pm then going to play or working from 11pm-7am then going to play?

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a firefighter who has taken up golf within the last 3 months and I have quite a bit of time to play. With my schedule I work 10 days out of the month, however those are 24 hour work days. Golf has really made my time off fun.

I'm a swim coach. I work from 6:00-8:00 every morning, tee off at 8:30-9:00 and have to go back to work at 5:00-7:00. I can easily get 27 holes in per day if not 36, that 7 days a week!

CPA. I love it.

I gotta keep the phone in the pocket on vibrate most days, but it's rare that anybody calls.

A friend of mine is a systems consultant. We usually find time to play on weekdays. He's even listened in on a conference call with a bluetooth headset while on the course before.

There's a variety of careers that allow you to play a lot of golf. In my field, some days golf = meeting with clients!

Driver: 909 D3 10.5 degree Aldila Voodoo S Shaft
3 Wood: MP 001
Irons: MP-67 3-PW
Wedges: 52, 56, 60
Putter: Karsten B60

Note: This thread is 5606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!