IGNORED

Shawn Clement

picrig
Note: This thread is 2706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have watched his video and find them helpful also. He has a relaxed and casual style that I also like.

You just gave me a new thread ideal that I might post. What teaching video have you found helpful to your game.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• 1 month later...
Funny enough, I started taking golf seriously within the last year and Shawn Clement has been my only "instructor" thus far. I've listened and watched a few local pros and none of them make things as easy to understand as Mr. Clement. I would love to take some in-person lessons with him but will have to rely on his DVD and youtube videos for help.

I think the one video that has helped me the most? His "one leg, no weight shift" swing. I literally go to the driving range and hit my first 5-6 shots with it to get my balance right and my swing in a good tempo. I am now changing my swing a bit for more consistent shots and have also found his "feet together" video great as well. Really makes you understand the hip turn and how the core should work together.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Have recently watched some of his videos and he explains things in a way I have never heard or seen before. Of all the golf instructional videos I've seen, none compare to Shawn. Taking private lessons from him would be awsome.

I'd recommend him to anyone struggling, if they can't or don't afford taking private lessons, which I guess is why many post here.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
Buy a camera, download V1 home edition, and watch Shawn. You will never become more aware of your swing!

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

Yea, Shawn's my boy, I love him. I emailed him a few months ago with a few specific questions about the golf swing and he emailed me back in less than day with a laundry list of ideas and drills for me to do at the range. Guy's a class act in my book.

Constantine

From my vacations in Canada I noticed a ton of lefty golfers. I asked one of the guys I was playing with up there and he says it's from hockey. They grow up hitting those lefty slap shots. He said a lot of guys up there have a tough time deciding which side to hit from when they take the game up.

Shawn is a great resource. You could spend a week just sitting there watching all his youtube videos.

x18 S-4
Lob wedge
Hybore 3 wood
R7 Driver
Shark Head putter (love that old thing)

I really like Shawn's analysis of the golf swing and swing faults.

When I first saw Shawn's videos (without knowing anything about the golf swing) I thought he was a little too wordy on topics and was turned off by some of his indoor videos having poor sound quality. But after revisiting his videos I realize what an excellent understanding he has of golf-swing mechanics, and him elaborating on topics is vital to ensuring he gets his points across to a broad audience (which I'm grateful for).

I've been having problems with shanks lately and after watching Shawn's videos on 'Fix your shanks' and the Hogan Power drill I realized I have been thrusting my right hip forward on the downswing to match the left hip, instead of letting the hips turn back into the left side. After watching Shawn's pointers on the proper hip movement I went back to check some recent swing videos where I am shanking and saw the thrusting problem with my hips, which was tough to see before since I was wearing dark trousers.

Over the last month I've been obsessing over faults in my takeaway and top of the backswing as shank contributors, and never thought once the hips could also be a factor in a shanking problem. The last two instructors I went to this past month didn't notice the problem in my hips, and were more concerned about me overswinging and my takeaway.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

• 3 weeks later...
I had a lesson with Shawn a couple of days back and was really impressed by his passion for golf. At the end of his lessons, he points his students to his specific youtube videos to reinforce the point, which i found so amazing. I can sit back on concentrate on things that I am really weak at.

For anyone in Toronto, if you want to improve go to Shawn

Burner 10.5 *
Burner 15*
Rescue 19*
Voit V5 Hybrid 24*
MX-25 5-PW CG14 52*,56*,60* Ignite 002

He is my favorite online instructor. I've watched his youtube videos and they are all great. Has anyone purchased his DVDs? Are they worth the money?

• 1 month later...

Shawn Clement has got to be one of the best golf instructors out there. For whatever reason his methods really sink in with me. For instance, I've had problems with focusing on hitting the ball rather than swinging through the ball. I watched his video tip about this and it seemed to make so much sense that I couldn't wait to get to the range to try it. Sure enough, my swing was much more fluid and easy. It also helped with my weight shift and lag. I don't know why I haven't ordered his DVD yet (other than I'm cheap!)

+1 I completely agree, Shawn Clement is awesome! Very informative, without giving you too much at one time. It seems like he has videos on almost everything, and he makes his lessons very understandable and easy to remember.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

no kidding hees canadian know wonder hees a genius :)

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Yep great videos, all I can say what a great guy to put all the time and effort to give golfers great info thats easy to understand. I wish I could meet him and thank him for his contribution to the sport of golf. If I was to ever go to a golfing school or clinic he would be my number one choice- Steve

I love Shawn's videos. I watch them quite a bit, he's definitely helped me alot in the last year since I started to take my game seriously. If only I had more time to practice.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

The amount of great free instruction he puts on youtube is just incredible. I have learned quite a bit from his videos. He seems like such a friendly guy too.

In my offbrand bag....

2009 Burner Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
2009 Burner Rescue 4-Hybrid X-20 Irons 4-PW X-forged gap wedge 52.12* CG14 Black Pearl 56.14* and 60.14* wedges White Hot Dual Rossie Putter e6+ balls

Note: This thread is 2706 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!