IGNORED

burner tp vs. tour burner tp

pshizz
Note: This thread is 5621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

what is the difference? i have not gotten the chance to hit either yet, however im wondering what you guys know about the difference. what do you like about one vs. the other? does one had a nicer adress or give more disance that the other?

also does anyone own either... if so, what do you think of it?

thanks guys

ive heard that the Tour Burner is lighter. Also The Tour Burner Tp comes with a Whiteboard as well--thats a major upgrade

"People think the size of the head is most important. Wrong. It's getting a quality shaft. test different shafts to see which goes the straightest. Also, more degrees of loft on the head is better than less. Eleven degrees is about right."

The tour version has a shaft upgrade and is $200 more expensive. Really nice driver, but I got better performance out of a MP-600 which cost $399 instead of $599. I know that people are all into the new shaft technology lately, so that may be your thing.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Not to steal this thread but I have a question that is on similar lines. I was talking to a sales-woman at a local golf store and she was talking about drivers. She made a statement to the likes of "tour faces are denoted by the '.5' in a drivers degree and has flatter face angle?" Is it true that a 9.5* is actually less of a degree than a 9* driver? Or is this lady all washed up?

"To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call wherever the ball lands the target"

The tour version has a shaft upgrade and is $200 more expensive. Really nice driver, but I got better performance out of a MP-600 which cost $399 instead of $599. I know that people are all into the new shaft technology lately, so that may be your thing.

im asking about the 07 burner TP and tour burner TP so they are both tour.

Take this message for what it's worth.....I've played the original r7 TP, the Superquad TP, the Tour Burner TP, and the r7 Limited. I never tried the 07 Burner Series because I just couldn't get used to the looks of the head. But alot of guys that work in shops I know still say that the 07 Burner TP is the furthest hitting driver from Taylormade ever made. However, of those drivers I have played with, I can say that the Tour Burner TP is the one that impresses me the most. I've hit the Tour Burner TP with the Diamana White Board and Fujikure Rombax. The Rombax is a better shaft for somebody who has a very fluid, smooth back and forth swing. The diamana is more for somebody who likes to go at the ball. I played the r7 Superquad TP with an aldila nv green 65S and a UST Pro Force V2 65S. Both of those shafts were great combinations with that head. The original r7 quad TP I don't need to go into because I think everybody knows that driver started it all for the innovation of the drivers these days with the adjustable weights. The r7 Limited is a beautiful looking club, and has a very responsive feel to it. If your looking for consistency and your not concerned about distance then the r7 Limited is for you, if your looking for distance, and you have a accurate swing to begin with, then i'd recommend the Tour burner TP. I havent tried the Burner 09 yet because I just thinks it's hideous.

r11s TP 9 Aldila RIP'd NV 65 S
Burner Tour Launch TS 13 UST V2 S
TP Rescue 17 RE*AX TP85 H S
Tour Preferred Irons 3-AW Project X 5.5
Z Smoke TP Wedge 56/12 Project X 5.5 

Ghost Tour DA-12

Penta TP/Pro V1/Hex Black

Take this message for what it's worth.....I've played the original r7 TP, the Superquad TP, the Tour Burner TP, and the r7 Limited. I never tried the 07 Burner Series because I just couldn't get used to the looks of the head. But alot of guys that work in shops I know still say that the 07 Burner TP is the furthest hitting driver from Taylormade ever made. However, of those drivers I have played with, I can say that the Tour Burner TP is the one that impresses me the most. I've hit the Tour Burner TP with the Diamana White Board and Fujikure Rombax. The Rombax is a better shaft for somebody who has a very fluid, smooth back and forth swing. The diamana is more for somebody who likes to go at the ball. I played the r7 Superquad TP with an aldila nv green 65S and a UST Pro Force V2 65S. Both of those shafts were great combinations with that head. The original r7 quad TP I don't need to go into because I think everybody knows that driver started it all for the innovation of the drivers these days with the adjustable weights. The r7 Limited is a beautiful looking club, and has a very responsive feel to it. If your looking for consistency and your not concerned about distance then the r7 Limited is for you, if your looking for distance, and you have a accurate swing to begin with, then i'd recommend the Tour burner TP. I havent tried the Burner 09 yet because I just thinks it's hideous.

i have heard the same about the 07 burner tp being the longest, but i still am curious to what the difference is with that vs. the tour burner tp. Anyone know?

well the regular burner tp is a lighter club than the tour burner tp and the shaft is different. The regular burner tp is actually what i used to play and i hit it about 270 and im only 14. The tour burner is a lot harder to hit, unless you have a flawless swing.

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

well the regular burner tp is a lighter club than the tour burner tp and the shaft is different. The regular burner tp is actually what i used to play and i hit it about 270 and im only 14. The tour burner is a lot harder to hit, unless you have a flawless swing.

which one feels better, and goes further?

Note: This thread is 5621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!