IGNORED

Do You Play for Money?

RMD
Note: This thread is 4154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont know if you can count this but the purse on my junior tour is like $300 per age group which is awesome because the entery fee for each tournament is like $30 which includes the round and lunch.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

We play $5 closest to the pin on the par 3's,and i play one guy in our group usually for breakfast,were pretty much the same handicap.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Of course.........it's golf!

Not a lot. $10 nassau usually. Sometimes another $10 each kicked in for skins. No one gets hurt and the winner usually buys the drinks afterwards.

I'd still rather win $5 from one of my golfin' buddies than find a hundred dollar bill on the ground!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

.50 skins. (Yep, big spenders here.) We just do it to put a little pressure on our games and try to improve when there is pressure.

Most of the time we don't even do that; it might be for cokes after the round, or if we play teams, losers buy dinner.

--
Driver: R7 460 9.5 Stiff Shaft
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 Stiff Shaft
Irons: :: R7 CGB Stiff Shaft Steel
Wedges: Vokey 56 / 52 Stiff ShaftPutter: Oddysey White HotBag: R7 Stand bagRangeFinder: (Nikon) LR550Ball Prefer Pro-V1, but usually play what you just lostâ¦..

$5/$5/$5 Nassau and $2 Wolf are common for my groups.

Others occasionally.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My friends like to play skins with carry overs. I hate it. There is just too much luck involved. I can beat any one of them in streight up stroke play and to me stroke play is all that matters.

I play skins sometimes with my friends but not often for around $1 a hole yeah i know were all cheap but it keeps us focused while playing. If you think Vegas golf sucks you should come play were i play Leo J. Martin In weston MA most people wouldn't even consider it a golf course.

I thought that was why we played golf? I have lost as much as $250 on one day, but I have won as much as $2300 with an Eagle for a big skin. Playing for money surely adds something to the game for me. I play my best when I have a stake in game. Even if it is just $5, have to play for something. Otherwise, none of you non-gamblers would never know what it is like to "have to make a 5-footer 18" to win.

I will warn you however, never play for anything big with good friends, keep it small. It is funny how the dynamic of a friendship can change when you beat a buddy out of $100. So choose you gambling buddies wisely.

WITB:
Driver-B'stone J33R 9.5* Pro Force V2 65S 44.5"
3w/5w-B'stone J33R 15-18* NV75 Stiff
3h Ping G10 21* TFC Stiff
irons-Mizuno Pro II w/4-9, MP-T 47 PW, currently have DG S300. X100 Soft Stepped 1x or PX 6.0 are on stand by.GW Mizuno MP-T 53-9* DG R300LW Titleist Vokey SM 58-12* DG Wedge flexT...

Yes, yes, and yes. Did I mention I like to play for money. Weekends are usually big money games.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I'll play deuce pots on mens night at my course, but that's about it. Last year I made almost a thousand bucks that way :).

But the real fun had on a golf course is had playing drinking games. This summer I played a round with a couple friends at about the same skill level as me. It was a skins game, but instead of money it was for shots. Worst score on each hole had to do 2 shots. I lost the first couple of holes and can't play with alcohol in my system, so was veeeery drunk by the end.

Cleveland Hi-bore 9.5* stiff, Taylormade Burner T3 14.5* stiff, Mizuno mp 32 3-PW, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52, 56, 60* wedges, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 35 inches
In the market for a new driver, then my bag will be the shiz.

if i'm out with friends, we'll usually make a very small wager on the round - we'll either play scramble or match play and put something pitiful like 50 cents per hole (so that the absolute most you'll win or lose is $9). and at that amount, it's not about the money, of course. it's just extra incentive to win, to show the other guys that you're better than them.

...or at least that's how i approach it, but i'm fiercely competitive. i consider the offer to play for money an official challenge and really focus on the game then.

unfortunately, 90% of the time that i play is either with my dad (who is opposed to gambling of any kind) or by myself, so it isn't very often i get to experience the thrills and chills of having money at stake (all 9 dollars of it).

My friends like to play skins with carry overs. I hate it. There is just too much luck involved. I can beat any one of them in streight up stroke play and to me stroke play is all that matters.

Once me andmy friends were playing $2 a hole skins I shot a 79 and lost $20, but my friend shot a 86 and made $40.

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

oh absolutely - i can't stand carry-overs, either. i won't lie, i've won a couple of rounds because of carry-overs (and never actually lost one because of them), but i just don't think that's a fair way to play. a draw is a draw, nobody wins anything, move along to the next hole.

Absolutely yes, I find golf boring... ( I would rather practice) unless I am playing for something, $1 a hole, pins and skins, etc... Nothing Big.

Don't gamble on anything else though, don't even do football pools.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

When I play with my golf teacher we usually make some bets. He normally wins the first event, but I allways win the second, so we are allways even.

Plus we allways place a 12 pro v1 bet.

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

Note: This thread is 4154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!