IGNORED

Scotty Cameron Putters

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im in a Machine Shop and would like to know if any one could help me out with the dimensions of a Scotty Cameron Putter. Any one would be nice, the more the better! Maybe a print of an actual putter would be really nice! Im using Mastercam Software to design this and Haas CNC to make it, so i have no issues in building it, just designing a replica! Any help is appreciated!

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Im pretty sure thats illegal.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I have a $5 putter at home that looks just like a Cameron other than it is Cast and has a painted finish. Probably putts just as well too in the right hands.

All kidding aside if I had access to a cnc machine I would build something unique. You have the tools so why not come up with your own design. Who knows you might come up with something marketable. If nothing else you would have a completely unique putter.

Im pretty sure thats illegal.

I'd have thought only if (s)he sold it, and perhaps tried to pass it off as a Cameron.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I think its only if you sell it as a cameron or if you copied it almost exactly.

Even an exact copy I wouldnt think is illegal if its for personal use. Selling it definetely would be. They might even be able to make a case if you were giving them away, might not stick though.

I remember microsoft was trying to take UNIX to to court a while back because most linux operating systems are given away for free. Something about saturating the market with a free product is similar to a business being a monopoly. Was a hot minute ago I dont recall the details

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

What do you think everyone did when the ping anser was brought out? pretty much every blade putter since the 70's has been designed on that original putter. It probably is illegal to make a putter the exact same as a cameron but unless you are selling it, you should be right.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

well of course no selling is going to be done, i just thought it would be cool to draw up a design off of an actual scotty cameron putter, of course im not gunna make an actual scotty cameron putter, but of my own design off of one, but ya this is against the law! Hence why im not gunna do it!

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Would probably only be illegal if you were distributing it.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

ive done something similar to this a couple years ago... make it different where they dont "look" exactly alike and dont even think about engraving scotty cameron or titleist or even scotty anywhere on the club.

if you dont do the above and dont attempt to sell it as a "scotty" you will be completely fine.

everybody copies everybody nowadays.... i wouldnt worry about it buddy...

it would be cool to have a putter you made yourself...

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Do you have any high end measuring equipment in your shop like a FARO Arm or Laser Tracker? If so, you could borrow one and use either one of those tools to reverse engineer it to get the dimensions you need. I think the idea of getting an actual print is a pipe dream because you and I both know those prints are proprietary. Good luck with your project!
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Note: This thread is 5605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!