IGNORED

First par 4 Eagle!

wkdspd
Note: This thread is 5602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ok, so Ive knocked down my share of par 5 eagles, but today I shot my first eagle on a par 4...

Played Ridgeview Ranch in Plano TX, with EXTREMELY high winds, figured Id get some wind game practice. Teed up from the tips on the 398yd 14th, into the wind, caught it low and drove it 260 just past the 150 marker. Then, from 140 out to a middle pin, I pured a 7 iron into the wind that dropped 10 ft short, bounced twice, and rolled into the cup...

made up for a pair of early bogeys leading to a 77 final score. just thought Id share, Im just glad to have my swing back!

What I play:

R7 Limited, UST V2
Burner 3W, Rifle ULF
Tour 3H-4H, Rifle ULF RAC MB 5-PW, Rifle ULF 54*, 58*, TP Smoke wedges Black Pearl Studio Select 1.5 ProV1 or TP Red LDP

Awesome! I play Ridgeview every once in a while. Wind can certainly be a factor there. Is that the par 4 uphill dogleg left, bunkers surrounding green? Great shot. My least favorite hole on that course is the blind tee shot on the front nine where you also have to lay up off the tee (two of my least favorite design elements in one hole). Favorite hole is the short par three with the elevation change and wind as a major factor.

Great round.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

yeah, I love that par 3 as well, its beautiful! actually the 14th is a mild dogleg right, woods to the right and hills/houses left, bunkers back left and the green slopes away to the right. its right after the split-fairway 13th, where you can lay up close to the left or stretch it out right. my 7 iron pushed left into the wind and faded back to center, and bounced into a center-high right cut pin. I didnt actually see it drop because of the minor elevation change, and walked up to find it in the hole...

lemme know if you ever need a partner on the weekends, Im really liking that course, and they make great deals if you ask.

What I play:

R7 Limited, UST V2
Burner 3W, Rifle ULF
Tour 3H-4H, Rifle ULF RAC MB 5-PW, Rifle ULF 54*, 58*, TP Smoke wedges Black Pearl Studio Select 1.5 ProV1 or TP Red LDP

Congrats. Strangely enough, the 1st eagle I ever got in golf came on a par-4. It was many, many years ago...don't remember the hole or heck even the name of the course, but I hit a pretty big drive just short of the green. Was hoping to get it fairly close because I had to go up and over a bunker and whaddya know....thing found the cup.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

lemme know if you ever need a partner on the weekends, Im really liking that course, and they make great deals if you ask.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the generous invite. I am currently in India (return on the 23rd). Due to family/work duties, I can usually only play 18 early weekend mornings (sunrise if possible). I will send you a message, when I return.

Happy Holidays

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Congrats. That's always a great feeling.

I've got 7 eagles in the last 5 years, 3 on par 4's and 4 on par 5's. The par 4 eagles have all been drove green and knocked down putt; the par 5's have all been hit green in 2 and 1 putted, except one chip in (although I was only about 2-3 yards off front of green anyway). Two of the par 4 eagles were 'wind aided' on driving the green. All were short holes (less than 260).

I play about 60 rounds a year and have been playing for 24 years and have never holed an approach shot for eagle or birdie (although I did have one last year for a miraculous par). I have holed shorter shots, but not anything more than the one par that was about110 yards or so.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Awesome! I play Ridgeview every once in a while. Wind can certainly be a factor there. Is that the par 4 uphill dogleg left, bunkers surrounding green? Great shot. My least favorite hole on that course is the blind tee shot on the front nine where you also have to lay up off the tee (two of my least favorite design elements in one hole). Favorite hole is the short par three with the elevation change and wind as a major factor.

Nice shot! Similar to my only eagle on a par 4, which happened some 17-18 years ago. That hole is also 398 from the white tees, but dead straight and uphill, with the normal wind into you. I honestly don't remember what the wind was doing that day, but I hit a typical drive (for me at that time) to about 120 out. The green is at least 15 feet above your head from the right side of the fairway, so you can't see any of the putting surface. I hit what was clearly a good 9I, but it wasn't until we got to the green that we found out just how good it really was.

That is the only par 4 hole I've ever eagled, but I don't play any courses with drivable par 4's. The shortest par 4 on my home course is just 340 yards, but with a lake that begins about 240 yards off the tee that would require at least a 300 yard carry (measured on Google Earth) to have any chance of getting over it. The next shortest is 355 from the whites. Since my current average driving length is about 250, none of those holes is remotely in reach for me. I can only remember one par 4 hole where I've ever driven the green, and that is on an executive course. That hole is still almost 320 yards, but about 30 feet downhill. One time only I drove that green, actually hit the flagstick on the bounce, then missed the 8 foot eagle putt. That was also many years ago.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congrats - shots like that are why we play.

I've only made one eagle in my life. Hit a 9 iron thin, but it went right at the flag, hit the stick and dropped in for a 2.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

thanks for the kudos guys, and for the great stories! you're right, these stories are why we play, and why we keep coming back. and I agree, the goal now is to get another one... and another one... and anoth....

the damnedest thing is, I thought I was going to do it again on sunday... pw from 125, tagged the pin and stopped about 8in out... and the practice continues... keep the stories coming!!!

What I play:

R7 Limited, UST V2
Burner 3W, Rifle ULF

Once boundaries (experience/mental/physical) are broken, new possibilities grow exponentially. They used to say that running 100m in less than 9.8seconds was not humanly possible. Now it happens regularly.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Great eagle!!!

The first par 4-eagle I ever got was a strange happenstance...

A short par four, 335ish, but it doglegs left pretty hard, usually preventing anyone from going for it with driver. My freind was up first and smashed a huge ball over the corner and drawing toward the green. Then I hit, and also ripped a drive over the corner, but without the draw. We couldn't see either ball land, but figured he'd be close and I'd be up there somewhere to the right.

We reached the green to find his ball on, about 15 feet out for eagle. I was pin-high and right about 25 yards, in the rough. Figuring he'd 2-putt for birdie I was just trying to get my pitch inside 15 feet. I flopped the ball up high and it landed very softly right next to the pin and trickled in! After my jumping and screaming stopped he stepped up and drained his putt to match my eagle.

Neither of us were single digit players at the time.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

ahhh, the joys of a par-4 eagle. good job!

the only one i've ever made (that i count) was a 330 yard par 4 that i drove approximately 290 yards. i hit a gap wedge from there, landed it on the green, ball trickles down and falls right in. great feeling.

there was another one at a little backwoods course that, according to the scorecard, was an eagle, but i have a hard time saying as much because the hole was only about 250 yards long and written as a par 4. i put a 3-wood on the green and sank a 12 footer. like i said, scorecard said it was an eagle, but my heart said all i really did was birdie a really long par 3.

if the hole says 250 anything its a birdie and a half!

i have made too many eagles to count, but can recommend a good course if you want one, kingsacre in edinburgh, scotland - there is a par 5 which for me is driveable and if you are a good golfer you can cut some of the dogleg and leave a long iron.

k

Note: This thread is 5602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!