IGNORED

ProV1's - Enough Already

Note: This thread is 3466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK... this is a little bit of a rant...

I like the feel of the ProV1's... but thanks to those Slicers that use the ProV1's, I found this balls at great price at the driving range... so I don't have to pay a lot for ProV1's

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I love threads like this.

HEY GUYS WHY DONT YOU ALL PLAY THE STUFF I THINK YOU SHOULD PLAY?!

I get my boxes of ProV1 and V1xs from my company for free. Should I still go out and buy a box of Top Shite D2 Feels? If I play a nice stiff shaft in my driver when I should be playing a regular flex, would you also complain about that?

I've seen guys who regularly shoot 10 over play golf with 1 dollar golf balls. I've seen guys who'll go through a dozen ProV1s through 18 holes.
  • Upvote 1

Amen. I always say, "Even if I'm playing bad, at least I'm playing quick" Hacks....I don't mind playing behind, that's part of the game.....SLOW METICULOUS hacks.....make me wanna skip the hole.

1st Rule of Golf " If you're going to miss it, miss it quick"

R5 TP
3 & 7 Woods (old Steelheads)
MP52's STX "UR the Key" Putter (black insert)Pro V1 and NXT Tour

so i went ball hawking at my local course... there was nothing happening an it was barren... i didnt come across too many prov's... i ended up with lots an lots of pinnacles... slazengers... topflites... a few nike's... some really old titleist hp tour balls... a taylormade that i wanna try out and a callaway warbird... and none of those i found in the water(i didnt bring my ball retriever)...

so either the hackers are all sending the pro v's into the water or not as many are playing them as you'd like to think...

but that was just one day of looking around... i might get lucky the next time i check
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Well said!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I have just finished my third year playing golf. I am now better than a 10 handicap. I worked at a range for two years, to be able to afford golf. I have played pretty much every ball out there. It will amaze you how many $4-5 balls you find on a range, that are brand new. I hardly ever slice, maybe once in four rounds. I blow up on a couple of holes a round, but I like the tour balls for feel. My swing speed is just over 110 mph. I like the feed back, lets me know if I am a groove high or low. Lets me know how solid I am hitting the ball. I think that the Pro V, is an over rated ball. I play the Bridgestone 330-S. And when it is windy, the Callaway Tour-i.

After playing with golf balls from Provs to Nike to Noodle to Precept to Wilson 50/50s (not in that order), I started playing the Callaway HX Tour about nine months ago. I dont care for the $50 purchase so I have purchased them on-line used. About 50ty cent a ball. It seems to have alot less spin than any other ball and i have more control with my putting. Could be because I play more and have had a lesson, but I have more control. Buying a used C HX Tour is that okay. The ball seems to come scarred or scar easier than others I have played with. Does that hurt the drive, shot to the green, or sticking the green with a PW.

Good lord, I didn't realize that people could get so worked up about the equipment that others use.

Maybe we should all post our full list of golf equipment in order to get approvement from the golf gods.

I also think its just a name. I found some when I went easter egg hunting. Actually lost them faster than my Top Flites!

In my bag.
Driver-Adams 9.5
3 wood-Adams
5 wood- Wilson Head Speed
6-PW-Wilson Head Speed 3-5-Hybrid-Nike SQ2 Clone SW-Tour Edge Soft cast LW-Maxfli Black Max Froged Putter-Crossfire

• 1 month later...
I'm a 14 handicap (not a slicer) who plays Pro V1's. Perhaps a less expensive ball will perform just as well for me but why should you care? Golf is my hobbie and I'll buy the balls and equipment I damn well please.

Sorry to bring back an old post but Thank You Sir.

What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

I love that hackers play them. I can go in the bush and get them free.

Absolutely. Good balls but I'm not going to shell out £35 ($50) for a dozen.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why should it bother you if someone plays a "Pro V"? It`s probably because they`re beating your ass,or you can`t afford them. But,really, I`ve played every ball out there,and the Pro V`s perform very well for me. And,I can tell the difference in feel. The Callaway HX Tour 56 is a good ball as well. Try Lostgolfballs.com. The AAA`s are just about new,and you can really experiment with different brands without spending a fortune. For many,golf is a status thing-handicap 23 with a $2000 set of clubs,$300 in wardrobe,ect.Might as well play the best ball to.

What I don't understand is why so many people care what other people play with. Nobody seems to mind that someone got equipment for thousands, but playing Pro V1's? God forbid!

I play Pro V1 myself. Some years ago I got brand new ones for a riddiculous price, but when that offer went away I started buying them online for a lower price. I don't mind spending $150 on 130 Pro V1's, I've gotten past the point where I shoot away 10 balls each round, so I don't have to buy 100 each year. My wedges tear them up too, so I don't want to buy brand new ones.

I love the V1's, especially on shortplay and putting. I hate hard balls, the soft feel of a Pro V1 with any club is wonderful. I could probably play many different balls, but I like them and can afford paying for them, so I don't see the problem.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I play the ProV1x well, because I like it. Yes, I pay 50$ a dozen, but, who cares? I'm still waiting on my Titleist contract, so....

I've tried just about every ball and the X works best for me..

I'm starting to think all the ProV haters are bridgestone salesmen - which I found to be a horrible ball but will not hate on those that play it.

Honestly I only pay attention to what I play - everyone has their own reasons for playing what they want and I'm not buying their equipment so its all good.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I buy slightly used ProV's for $19.99 for 30 balls all in great shape.. Still get all the feel but dont mind if they go for a swim..

In the Bag
Driver:Burner07 9.5 NV 75 S
3-woodBurner07 15 degree NV 65 S
HybridRescue Mid 19 degree NVS 85 S
IronsRAC LT 4-PW Project X 5.5 shaftsWedgesCG 12 52,56,60PutterNewport 2 Custom Shop 35inBallProV1 or TaylorMade TP redShoes: All kinds. I have a bit of a shoe problem. As in I like...

Note: This thread is 3466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!