IGNORED

"Established Member" Usergroup

iacas
Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I've created a promotion and a new user group today, the "Established Member" usergroup. In addition to some added privileges (namely the ability to start threads in the Marketplace), you get the new badge and some extra perks.

To become an "Established Member" you must meet two simple criteria:

1. 36 items of approved content.
  2. 36 days of membership.

That's it!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
how do you get reputation?

https://thesandtrap.com/a/reputation/.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've created a promotion and a new user group today, the "Established Member" usergroup. In addition to some added privileges (I can't remember offhand what they were, but they include things like uploading your own animated avatar, changing your user title, etc.), "Established Members" can start threads in the Marketplace.

So my title underneath the username will be "Established Member" instead of "League Member"?

• Administrator
So my title underneath the username will be "Established Member" instead of "League Member"?

No. You're already in the "Established Member" group. In fact, one of the other things you can do is to have a custom title there.

Established members have italic usernames.

• 8 months later...
  • Administrator
I've removed the right to post a URL until you're an established member, too. This should help curtail some spammers.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you get rep points for?

Dave

"There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad."

In the bag (click):
Cleveland HiBore 9.5°
Nike T60 17° Nike T60 21° Ping i5 (4-PW)Ping Tour 52°Ping Tour 56°Cleveland 588 Chrome 60°Yes! TracyMy Handicap Record

How many points are needed to get 1 point (Under Rep Power) and be listed as an Established Member?

In My Bag:
Driver: M-500 9.5° (Aldila NV 65-S Shaft)
Irons: MP60 3-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled Chrome 54.10/60.04
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
What do you get rep points for?

For contributing useful information.

How many points are needed to get 1 point (Under Rep Power) and be listed as an Established Member?

Your current reputation level is 8. I believe the setting is 10 - which is how many you start with. You got a -2 for not "typing regularly" here:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...5410#post35410
  • Upvote 1

For contributing useful information.

You're kidding... right?

In My Bag:
Driver: M-500 9.5° (Aldila NV 65-S Shaft)
Irons: MP60 3-PW DG S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled Chrome 54.10/60.04
Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2 Ball: Pro V1x

• Administrator
You're kidding... right?

No, and I'm not the one who docked you points.

• Upvote 1

Ok, but who's to say whats useful and not useful? Whats useful to me might not be useful to someone else.

What do you get docked points for?

Dave
"There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad."

In the bag (click):
Cleveland HiBore 9.5°
Nike T60 17° Nike T60 21° Ping i5 (4-PW)Ping Tour 52°Ping Tour 56°Cleveland 588 Chrome 60°Yes! TracyMy Handicap Record

• Administrator
Ok, but who's to say whats useful and not useful? Whats useful to me might not be useful to someone else.

If you post something someone finds useful, funny, or insightful, they may give you + rep points. If you post something rude or otherwise "bad," they may give you - reputation points. That's all there is to it.

End of discussion, please.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi iacas,

just a brief explanation on deductions.... is it possible to know how gave us negative points?

in case of negative points, is there someone (moderator or commission) who decide whether the negative points were given fairly or unfairly?

I got a negative deduction for a personal comment....and I was a bit curious on how this thing works....
thanks!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

• Administrator
just a brief explanation on deductions.... is it possible to know how gave us negative points?

Look at your user control panel.

in case of negative points, is there someone (moderator or commission) who decide whether the negative points were given fairly or unfairly?

Nope. You all decide. Since reputation points affect reputation power, someone thought of as "bad" by users won't have much reputation power to affect others. "Good" people will have more power.

I got a negative deduction for a personal comment....and I was a bit curious on how this thing works....

No you didn't. You got dinged for something not personal.

Look at your user control panel.

Thank You!

As we say in Italy, "Precise and Concise!" That is why I love to be in this forum!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Your current reputation level is 8. I believe the setting is 10 - which is how many you start with. You got a -2 for not "typing regularly" here:

Can you confirm that the above statement is correct? I started with 10 and had all 10 points taken away? I couldn't find any record of it in the control panel.

Thank you.

• Administrator
Can you confirm that the above statement is correct? I started with 10 and had all 10 points taken away? I couldn't find any record of it in the control panel.

You have 10. You don't have 0. So no, you're wrong, and my statement about starting with 10 is correct.

Note: This thread is 1514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!