Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcmancini

Club Cleaning Brush

25 posts in this topic

Looking for one of those bag-attachable devices. Any recommendations or things to avoid?

Thanks
Paul
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I found one of these club cleaners called, Groove Tube, at the driving range and I have never turned back. It has changed the way I keep my clubs clean. I now do it after every shot or so, instead of at home after the round when the dirt has built up. Just using a towel has never worked for me. I feel this thing is desirable to the wire brushes because you can wet the clubs to get them perfectly clean. Great buy and I would highly recommend it.

http://www.golfcow.com/golf/catalog/...html?item=1722
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to avoid, but the same company that makes the frogger amphibian towel makes a really nice bag attachable brush for $15.

I have this, and love it. It works great.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to pull up this old thread but it was the most relevant thread I could find.

What are people's opinion on wire brushes? I have one similar to the Frogger but feel that the wire brush is too harsh even for my irons. Can these brushes do damage to my grooves or am I just being paranoid?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought the Frogger brush. It's great. It is attached with a string, so it can stay attached to the bag. It also has a replaceable brush which adds longevity to it.

Originally Posted by FryemanTX

Sorry to pull up this old thread but it was the most relevant thread I could find.

What are people's opinion on wire brushes? I have one similar to the Frogger but feel that the wire brush is too harsh even for my irons. Can these brushes do damage to my grooves or am I just being paranoid?

Your Frogger should of came with an extra brush which has no metal. I took mine off as I wouldn't think of using a metal brush on my Burner 2.0's.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by FryemanTX

Sorry to pull up this old thread but it was the most relevant thread I could find.

What are people's opinion on wire brushes? I have one similar to the Frogger but feel that the wire brush is too harsh even for my irons. Can these brushes do damage to my grooves or am I just being paranoid?


You're being paranoid.  The brass bristles are softer than the steel of a clubhead, even forged.  No way you are going to damage the grooves with a manual brush.  Maybe if you used a brush mounted on a bench grinder or drill, you might have a case, but even then you'd have to be awfully aggressive with it to do any significant damage.  I have forged AP-2 irons and I brush the grooves after almost every shot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry to pull up this old thread but it was the most relevant thread I could find.

What are people's opinion on wire brushes? I have one similar to the Frogger but feel that the wire brush is too harsh even for my irons. Can these brushes do damage to my grooves or am I just being paranoid?

You should be alright w/those brass brushes. I used them for quite a number of years. I find w/the Frogger brush though, the nylon bristles are good enough to get the job done so I no longer use brass bristles on my clubs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by PiKapp23

Nothing to avoid, but the same company that makes the frogger amphibian towel makes a really nice bag attachable brush for $15.

http://www.froggerbrushpro.com/index.php?refer=

Frogger all the way!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by hrossroth

I found one of these club cleaners called, Groove Tube, at the driving range and I have never turned back. It has changed the way I keep my clubs clean. I now do it after every shot or so, instead of at home after the round when the dirt has built up. Just using a towel has never worked for me. I feel this thing is desirable to the wire brushes because you can wet the clubs to get them perfectly clean. Great buy and I would highly recommend it.

http://www.golfcow.com/golf/catalog/...html?item=1722



I wanted to check this out but what the hell? Did they use like a 0.5 Megapixel camera to take that picture, I think my old phone in 2002 took better pictures.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's more damage being done to the grooves when you hit the ball and dirt is smashed between ball and club. The brass bristles are fine on a club face, like Fourput said, it's much softer than the club head.  I've never liked using nylon on my clubs.  I think brass does a much better job.

Frogger is a great brush for using on the course.  I like the retractable cord.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0