IGNORED

Your Best Shot Ever (not counting Hole in Ones on Par 3's)

PiKapp23
Note: This thread is 4435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is your best shot ever? Is is a particularly long drive? A holed approach shot? A hole in 1 on par 4 or 5? A long difficult putt? A great shot from an impossible lie?

My best shot ever would probably have to be a holed approach shot from under trees about 120 yards away to a blind hole. I had pulled my drive into some trees on right side of fairway. I attempted to punch the ball back into play but caught it heavy and left it still in some lighter tree cover. I had 2 trees in front of me, but the limbs were high enough for a knockdown in direction the green. I could see the top of flag, but nothing else because of mounds in front of green. I hit a perfect 8 iron at flag that cleared the mounds surprisingly. When I got up to green I thought I must have gone over into deep rough behind. That's when one of my playing partners found my ball in the cup. Now that's the way to make a birdie...
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

i think the shot that i'm most proud of was a 135 yard par 3 where i *almost* got a hole in one (that counts here, right? it wasn't actually a hole in one...)

i hit a 9 iron off the box, and it divoted approximately 3 feet from the pin and rolled 18 inches or so towards the cup (the greens were super soft on this particular day). it ended up being just six inches shy of a hole in one.

I golf so much that I tend to have 1 or 2 remarkable shots every year. This year I have two that come to mind:

A chip in for birdie and about 500 dollars on mens night: the birdie pot hole was playing really difficult; 210 into the wind to a narrow green, little room for error. I was in jail off the tee, short and right. Had to chip about 10 feet uphill to the green with the pin cut about 30 yards away from me. Dunked it.

Driving the green on the par 4 ninth at my course: 350 yards uphill, never drove that hole before, hit probably the sweetest drive of the year into the heart of the green.

Cleveland Hi-bore 9.5* stiff, Taylormade Burner T3 14.5* stiff, Mizuno mp 32 3-PW, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52, 56, 60* wedges, Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 35 inches
In the market for a new driver, then my bag will be the shiz.

It's between when I drove a Par 4 green, and one ridiculous shot during a friendly high school team tournament.

It was alternate shot, and the kid before me tried for a par 5 in two, but pushed it badly. Deep in the woods. I'd say I was about 50 yards from the pin. Had my 58* and had to hit it over one branch, and under another. I pulled it off and put it probably about 6 feet to the pin. And then luckily my partner made the putt for birdie.

Oh god, I don't know... I've hit so many great shots. And I really mean great shots.

Best Recovery Shot 3rd round of the junior national cahmpionship here in Portugal. 6th hole. I pulled my driver way too far left. I mean about 100 yards left of the aiming point. I had this huge tree in front of me and 150 meters to the pin, with the tree being about 30 meters in front of me. I Hi the greatest 6 iron of my life (so far) and set up a nice birdie. I think I left that shot about 1 meter short of the hole.

Best Putt A 20 meter snake kinda putt. it went from one end to the other of the green.

Best Sand Shot The time I made my first eagle. I pitched in from the bunker. I made great contact that time around from the sand...

Best shot from the Rough I had one foot on a fw bunker and another out. I played a great punch hook, just the way I wanted and the ball stopped 1 inch away from the hole for and albatross.

Best shot from the fw A small cut that I had to preform perfectly to have the minimal chance of winning a tournament. I played it just the way I wanted to and the ball finished 1 meter away from the hole.

I guess these are my best shots ever, but I have so many more great golf shots that I pulled out under pressure...

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

What is your best shot ever? Is is a particularly long drive? A holed approach shot? A hole in 1 on par 4 or 5? A long difficult putt? A great shot from an impossible lie?

There are many, but here is one that had serious consequences:

In 2001, I was running a tournament the weekend before Fathers' Day that was two tournaments in one--"The Golf News" Open, for juniors, men and women and senior men and women. Also, there was a 2 person scramble--Father and Child. My son and I were entered in both. We were playing with a Father and Son from Boonville, NY. The Dad was an owner of a golf course with his twin brother. My son and I were 1 down with 2 to play, but won the 17th with a birdie, as they made par. On the last hole, John smashed his drive up the middle so we took his shot in the 2 person scramble. I stuck my sand wedge about 5 feet to the right and above the pin, which was cut at the bottom of the downhill green. I told my son that the putt would either go in for the win, or go off the green. It dove into the middle of the hole and we won both events--the overall tournament and the Parent-Child. I stil have the trophy that we won that day.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Two come to mind (beside my ace :blush:):

1) Hiddenbrooke GC in California. There was a par 3, I think it measured about 170-ish, but it had to be at LEAST a 100-foot drop, over a whole lot of junk. Standing on the tee was ridiculously picturesque:

I absolutely flushed a 7-iron and it was all over the flag the whole way. The result:

BTW, just to the left of the flagstick in that first pic, are the steps up to the tee box!

2) On the day of my most amazing round of my life (my first ace, every "name" from ace to quad, and every number from 1-8 except 2), I had pounded a drive on a par 5. From the middle of the fairway, I think I had like 240 or so. I was hitting a 3i hybrid, just going for "near the green front." I completely heel-pull it. It JUST misses a tree limb, and is now a screamingly-low fade. It lands safely and rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls.....it was like it was self-powered. Stops about two feet from the cup. This was after my ace, and as it was rolling, I thought I was REALLY going to have the round of a lifetime.

• Upvote 1

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

230 yd 2nd shot from the fairway on a long par 5, with swirling wind downhill i hit a 5 iron to 1 foot. My friend who i was playing a match against me looked at me like, you did not just do that.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Gotta say i had 1 really close hole in one on a par 3, that was pretty exciting but one nice shot that I made was on a par 5. I had a nice 250 yard drive over the centre sandtrap onto the right centre of the fairway and about 200 yards away from the green then used my 20 degree hybrid to put it within 8 inches of the hole for a tap in eagle..that was pretty nice.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

A couple that stand out....

On the nearly a hole in one off the tee thing: Playing a course the day before their junior open with my brother. Am on a 200yrd-ish par 3 and so ht my first tee shot, which went off the back but my second went right at the flagstick. Couldn't see the hole but as we were walking down to the green a group playing up the other way shouted to say one was nearly in the cup. Ended up about 6" away.

Best/Flukiest shot ever: On this hole . You can see the cart path going up the hill, well trying to hit the ball hell for leather (going for green) I pretty much topped my tee shot and it went down into all the crap at the bottom of the hill to the left under the trees. This was in the depth of winter and the ground was very damp, ball sitting up but in pretty thick rough, with about 50ft of elevation to claim back. I take 9 iron with intent to get it out up onto fairway with short chip to green as I couldn't even see the pin. I basically just take one look and take a non-chalant swing, not even a practice. I end up somehow drawing it round and it lands on the fairway side of the green which trickles nicely down to the green itself. I had no idea how good the shot was until I got up the hill onto the fairway. Was about 6" away from hole! My brother and friend were completely amazed, almost as much as I!

I think I could go down there to that situation with 10,000 balls and not pull it off like I did that one time.

Best putt: First round I had with a new Ping putter quite a few years ago. Was a par 4 that I went off the back and right in two. Green was hardest on the course by some distance and sloped heavily towards the front. My ball was in 'heavy fringe' and so I took one look at the cup which was in the middle of the green and swiped. I thought the position was too hard to bother taking much time over. Luckily I'd managed to judge it to perfection and it rolled in for a birdie. I was floored!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Mine was on the first hole of our first golf trip this past year. It was a par 5 and I pulled my tee shot left. I tried to hit a punch shot back to the fairway to give myself a chance, but I didn't catch it cleanly and came up just a little short. I was left with about 160 approach shot with a clear view of the green, but I was sitting in some thick rough. So I grabbed my 4-iron (would normally have been a soft 6 iron) and took a good swing. I hit it pure and landed on the front edge of the green and it rolled about 3 feet past the pin. Made the birdie putt and my trip had begun!!!

Driver: R9
Fairway Woods: 07 Burner Rescue
Hybrid: 07 Burner Rescue
Irons: X-16's
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 54* Putter: Rossa Fontana

Actually, it was yeasterday. 195 in to a par 4, and I pured (for me) my 3 rescue; rolled hard into the flagstick and dropped. Eagle. Thank you very much!

--
Driver: R7 460 9.5 Stiff Shaft
Fairway Woods: Steelhead 3 and 5 Stiff Shaft
Irons: :: R7 CGB Stiff Shaft Steel
Wedges: Vokey 56 / 52 Stiff ShaftPutter: Oddysey White HotBag: R7 Stand bagRangeFinder: (Nikon) LR550Ball Prefer Pro-V1, but usually play what you just lostâ¦..

well, it was on a 370 yard par 4, downhill, with a steep leftward slope. I hit a great drive with draw, but caught a rock or something and took a sharp bounce left immediately. Next shot about 160 away, 30 feet uphill, trees all in the way, rough unmowed grass, not meant to be played, took the shot anyways. Tried to hit a high hook with a 7 iron, only got a chance to go straight and hit the top of the hill. Got it out, hit the rough before the fairway, once in the fairway, took a hard spin and rolled left towards the green about 20 yards and rolled up 4 ft from the hole for birdie. Best shot I've ever made.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suppose my best shot this past year (when I picked the game back up after a 15 year hiatus) was the second shot on a par 5 that lead to an eagle. I had a decent drive that left me about 240yds on a slight downward grade. I hit my 3 wood exactly like I wanted and the shot rolled up onto the green about 2 feet past the cup (it must have just burnt the edge of the cup going by). What made this so memorable wasn't just the shot itself (easily one of the best shots I've ever hit), but also that fact that I put together three good shots in a row. The drive that set the whole thing up (a good 270 yds in the fairway), the pure 3 wood that came off exactly as I had pictured it in my mind's eye, and then the 2 foot putt to tie the whole thing up for eagle. The 3 wood shot was a thing of beauty, but the other two shots made up the sequence. What's surprising was that I really didn't feel any pressure standing over the putt. I knew it was for eagle and I didn't want to choke, but I put that out of my mind and just made the putt. It felt really good and as a mid/high capper what I struggle with the most is putting together good shots in sequence. I've got good shots in my bag, but that challenge is to keep them coming over the course of a hole, serveral holes, and ultimately a round.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Dang, too many to name. I almost holed out on a par 4 tee shot once. I've pitched it in the hole for eagles and birdies. I can't give a good answer. Putts galore from crazy breaks and distances. Wow! Good post. Gotta think more about it.

My best shot was also my worst shot, I hit a 8 iron 157 yds a high draw over a couple of pine trees and hit the pin the pin was leaning over when me and the rest of my 4some got to the green and a guy who seen it said my ball hit the pin and went into the pond just behind the green!

Mizuno mp 630 9.5 Mitsubishi Fubuki stiff
Taylormade R7 RE*AX 55g Stiff
Taylomade Rescue mid 19* Light metals 95g
Mizuno MX25 4 -52*Gap True Temper Dynalite S/L
Mizuno MP-T 56* / 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour # 1

Best shot??? Happened again yesterday with the Pro and a few buddies. Patron with salt and a little lime.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

My best shot was probably in a high school golf match in 1987 when I hit a huge hook out of the woods after missing the fairway left on the last hole. I had no idea where it ended up until I approached the green and found it 15 feet below the hole. I missed the birdie, but "saved" par from absolute jail to shoot my low round for the season, a 39. A shame that I have to go back that far to come up with my best shot. I've had great ones since, but that is most memorable.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 4435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!