IGNORED

On a flush hit, which feels best to you?

Dub
Note: This thread is 5538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which of your clubs feels the best when you hit it flush?

• Driver
    • Woods
    • Hybrids
    • Irons
    • Wedges
    • Putter

On a perfectly flush hit, which club feels the best to you?

My opinion hasn't changed over the years I've been playing.

A perfectly struck iron still feels awesome and gets my confidence soaring.....I'll seldom even watch the ball flight after follow through....I know I've hit it as well as possible and it's going to be on target....any deviance will be due to windage.

Second to that would be a flush 4 or 7 wood. When I get the "crushed it" feel with them I know the ball flight with be low starting...penetrating....and then rise to an appex and drop in on target softly at predictable distances.

A pured putt feels nice, too.....I generally don't get that feeling unless I'm gripping properly....lightly & fingertips on both sides. I'll go so far as to say that the proper grip is more important for me (putting) than with any other shot....

Driver.....forgetaboutit.....this club always give you a good feel...even though you've not hit it so well. It is a hugely forgiving stick but it has it's limits....as it should. I have to gauge this one more by sound than feel. I can hear the "good" ones that come off my driver.....simply pick up the tee and walk off the box...no need to look.

Everyone has shots that keep them coming back.....these are the ones I value the most. The last three rounds have seen more of them per round than normal....maybe after months of tinkering things are finally settling down.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Defintely Iron.

I was messing around at the golf store's simulator yesterday with some of the OEM's finest. (drivers, hybrids, irons)

And there is nothing comparable to a flush hit blade.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Defintely Iron.

When I hit my Irons flush it is wonderful, especially if it's a long iron like a 3 or 4. I wish it happened more often : )

At the GolfSmith they sell Demo 6 Irons for $5 every once and a while. I bought a Mizuno Blade, and I agree hitting it flush was awesome, wish I had the Game to use them.

In the bag:
MX-100 Irons
Wedges 54*
60* SV Tour Wedge
putter 3-Wood, 5-wood 10.5* driverLimbo Ball

Im gonna say Iron just for the sole fact that Ive hit my driver before felt like a struck it absolutely pure and then watched it slice into oblivion. When I strike an iron absolutely pure Im pretty sure of where its going.

Clubs I havent thrown in a lake yet

Driver: R7 CGB max 9.5*
Woods: R5 3, and 5 woods
Hybrids: Rescue Burner 22*, 25*Irons: CG Red 6 - PWWedges: CG12 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: 1 of 100 handmade pebble beach http://scottycameronblog.com/2007/09...pebble-beach/#Vegas golf sucks!!

When I hit my Irons flush it is wonderful, especially if it's a long iron like a 3 or 4. I wish it happened more often : )

I agree....a flushed long iron is sublime. One particular par three comes to mind on our home course...It's been playing 180-195 with a sidewind and a lake running adjacent to the hole and behind it...I've flushed 4 irons two out of the last three rounds on it....two putted my pars but loving the feel of the tee shot. Nothing like a pured long iron.....seldom happens for me, but feels great when it does.
Im gonna say Iron just for the sole fact that Ive hit my driver before felt like a struck it absolutely pure and then watched it slice into oblivion. When I strike an iron absolutely pure Im pretty sure of where its going.

Know what you mean with the modern drivers....muted but I suppose that's how it is with a clubface so large and forgiving. I'll gladly give up feel with this club to get the trajectory and distance.

Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'm going against the crowd and saying a wedge. There's something about it, like when I see it take one bounce then check up. Or when it takes a small bounce then spings back a foot or two. It makes me feel so professional.

I'm going against the crowd and saying a wedge. There's something about it, like when I see it take one bounce then check up. Or when it takes a small bounce then spings back a foot or two. It makes me feel so professional.

Know what you mean....played with a buddy on Friday. I had already hit my third shot onto the green on an uphill par 5. He was walking over to his ball for his wedge from 100yds.

I drove the cart up beside the green and parked it. It was a very cool vantage point to watch. He hit his shot from just beside the 100 yard marker and it was a solid high wedge.....carried past the pin on the uphill green (severly uphill).....landed and then sucked back fifteen feet towards the hole.....very cool. He said the wedge shot felt great. Watching the shot from well above was cool. The ProV1 had some serious spin on it, too. If I get to the point where I'm playing the same ball throughout the round....I may give these a try.

For me, I have to say a hybrid, specifically my 4H or 5H. When I hit the sweet spot on my Mizuno Fli-Hi CLK hybrids I really understand what 'sweet spot' means. I do not have to swing hard at all and the ball just takes off on a beautiful trajectory in the direction I actually want it to go ( ). In those cases it's almost as if I didn't even hit the ball - it's just a perfect weightless feel to the club.

I also like the feel of a good forged iron (I'm stuck on Mizuno's right now, but can't afford them). The Mizzie irons definately leave that weightless sensation when well struck. I guess when it comes down to it, all clubs feel good when you hit them perfectly flush.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

It is the best feeling for me to hit a flush driver. A flush iron or wedge is great, but I have an older driver so when it is hit on the screws you know it. I can instantly tell if I hit it good and where it is going.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Irons most definitely off the fairway,it's the compression of the ball and the soaring ballflight.You just feel nothing in your hands almost.

Off the tee a driver feels great,but I would say it's very close for me now with my new hybrid,Benross V5 escape,it just has a great weight and feel.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

There are a couple of 4i shots that I still replay in my mind, the feeling was so pure and the ballflight so perfect.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

My Driver . . . when I hit a flush shot, I feel all warm and gushy on the inside.

If it goes straight.

Steve

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

id have to say middle irons...
ive clobbered drivers that went pretty long(for me anyways) and it still doesnt compare to when i hit a ball flush with my 6 iron... its the weight of the club... the feel of the swing... and the impact on the sweetspot... plus watching grass flying in the air makes it cool too... hahaha
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Irons, for sure but... I may be weird but some little high pitch shots around the green that behave exactly as you hoped can feel really good as well.

RC

Played today and posted my best score on my home course.

Funny thing was that I don't recall puring and one particular full shot.

There were four putts, though, that came off perfectly and found the hole...one for birdie...two for pars....and one saved bogey on a scrambling/rambling hole that I thought was lost after my wayward tee shot.

Note: This thread is 5538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!