IGNORED

My Swing (LongballGer)

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Your swing reminds me a lot of Sergio's, just a much quicker tempo - that's meant to be a compliment, by the way.

I don't really have any suggestions besides you look a LITTLE hunched at address, nothing major but I'd say pull your shoulders back a little bit...but nothing that is a necessary change.

It looks really good, and you must hit the ball a mile.

What is your handicap? You have 99 in your sig but I'm thinking it can't be that .....lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Great swing. I love your takeaway and the way you load on your downswing.

What is the short game like?

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

I hate to pick because your swing is very, very good but you are under plane pretty after you reach the top of your back swing.

It isn't by much but you are definitely under plane as you transition from the top to your forward swing.

I'm guessing your misses are a very high cut to the right or a pull draw?

If you can generate that much lag while being on plane coming down (which I have no doubt that you can with a little effort) then you'd be pretty deadly.

Certified G.O.L.F. Machine Addict

after watching those videos ive come to the conclusion that you are lying about your handicap being 99 :)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I hate to pick because your swing is very, very good but you are under plane pretty after you reach the top of your back swing.

thanks guys.

My miss is just a huge block to the right or an occasional slice. I never miss it left. You are right that I'm a little bit under plane at the top of my backswing. I'll work on that.
Emulate Sergio's back swing position just before he reaches 3:00 O'Clock. You will notice the hands have worked back slightly inside before the club -- in other words, the club stays in the same "above the hands" position it had at address. This one little move, which help guard against getting trapped inside will help eliminate most pushes and it helps you keep extension.

Thanks, I will try that.

I'm a +2 btw.
What is the short game like?

My short game is really good. Putting could be a little better. The thing is I make bad decisions on the course which get me in trouble a lot.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

thanks guys.

Basically you have the same mindset as JB Holmes I'm guessing.

Your plane is a hair under so if you have normal wrist action you would wind up with draws on good shots and pull hooks on bad shots. Like Trevino said you can talk to a slice but a hook won't listen. Its basically just a chicken or the egg situation as far as that goes. Did you have a swing that was a little too inside and thus developed wrist action that would stay away from the hooks or vice versa. Either way you have tons of lag and are quite long (I'm just guessing you hit it a mile because with your mechanics if you don't I'd be shocked) so you basically just insure that you do not over roll the wrist at impact and you take the left side of the course completely out of play. Honestly, its a great way to play golf (see JB Holmes, Lee Trevino and others) who just play straight shots and cuts all day long. That said if you do wind up getting your swing more on plane and develop more of a horizontal hinge wrist release at impact you will pick up some more yards (like you need it) and you will be able to shape shots at will around the course a lot more freely. I'm not quite sure if you want that though to be honest.

Ok, so basically I copied ryan moores backswing and I'm in a perfect position at the top now which looks very similar to Retief Goosens. I also don't come that far from the inside anymore. I gotta experiment with this a little and see how it holds up on the course.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

Ok, so basically I copied ryan moores backswing and I'm in a perfect position at the top now which looks very similar to Retief Goosens. I also don't come that far from the inside anymore. I gotta experiment with this a little and see how it holds up on the course.

Downswing looks perfect now.

Backswing is over plane though now Try this......... For your takeaway pull the club back using your right forearm on as straight of a line as possible for about 20 inches or so. Do it pretty slowly and try to make your chest point directly at the club head the entire time you pull it back. Once you move it back 20 inches stop your body pivot and just fan your arms upwards. Don't keep going around or you will be inside. Just think UP. That will have you about as on plane as possible.

Perfect downswing. You have a really solid swing.

But backswing now is a little off. Too much outside...just a hair. Man I wish I could combine my backswing with your downswing.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

nothing wrong with your great swing (jealous)

At times, you might have the tendancy to get too far under the swing plane on the forward swing (resulting in the rare hook or block)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

If you pause at impact you are way up on your right foot. I don't know if its something your fine with doing or not. I try to keep my right foot on the ground until just before impact. I tend to do the same move you do, which causes me to spin out sometimes with a weak push result.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

• 1 year later...

Great looking swing...  I really don't know if I'm qualified to give you advice.  If you could post another video with a shirt that contrasts better with the background it would be easier to identify the mechanics of your swing.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

• Administrator

Just three questions for now

1. Did you flip the videos? Your profile has you as a lefty.
  2. What's your normal ball flight? Your typical "good shot" flight?
  3. What's your trouble shot? The one that gives you the most problems?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1. I dont know why my profile says I´m a lefty. I´m right handed though.

2. A draw.

3. My bad shot is a snap hook or a big push.

Quote:

Just three questions for now

Did you flip the videos? Your profile has you as a lefty.

What's your normal ball flight? Your typical "good shot" flight?

What's your trouble shot? The one that gives you the most problems?

Really nice swing.

Considering that your misses are over hooks and straight pushes, you can, at times approach the ball too much from the inside.  This is happening, in part, because your right knee increases it's flex in the backswing, which gets you in a position at the top, with not enough tilt to your left side (shoulder center too far back).  You have an excellent forward move with your legs and hips.  However, if you approach the ball with forward legs and a too far back shoulder center, you can tend to approach the ball too much from the inside resulting in overdraws and straight pushes.

Also, work on maintaining the "flying wedge" longer.  I notice that your hands rotate quickly after impact.  I hypothesize that if you do this a fraction early, depending on where it happens, you'll get a straight push or an overdraw.

Other thing I notice:

The flex in your right knee increases in your backswing  (your right knee is more flexed at the top of the backswing than it is at address)

Try making backswings with your right knee lessening it's flex.  This should improve your turn (will get your shoulder center more forward at the top of the backswing and at impact) and keep your hips on a better backswing plane.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 4118 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!