IGNORED

What are your favorite beers?

acj990
Note: This thread is 5486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today Founders released this years batch of its Kentucky Breakfast Bourbon Aged Stout. I'm kicking myself for not taking a road trip up to the brewery and buying as much as I could afford.

where is that drool smilie when I need it........

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Crackin' a Barleywine for the KSU @ OSU game tonight.......

Schlafly's is a great brew! Didn't have any until I went to St Louis last year and tried a few different brews that the hotel had on draught.

A few other goodies I've had lately: Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout I bought a few bottles of Samichlaus a few days ago and haven't yet tried it: I've recently moved to within 1/2 mile of a great brewhouse that has 56 beers on draught and around 400 different bottled beers. Every Sunday they have American Micro Night and they have Dogfish Head 90min IPA on draught for $3 !! Those who have tried DFH 90min will know that is insanity!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

The Southern Tier Chokolat is even better on draft if you can find it somewhere... So tastey...

The Samichlaus is a nice beer. Really, really malty to the point of sweetness, if I recall properly. Gets better as it warms up. I really want to try the Samichlaus Helles sometime.

I have a bottle of Troubador Obscura Mild Stout sitting around that I need to crack open sometime. So good.

Crackin' a Barleywine for the KSU @ OSU game tonight.......

that looks absolutely delicious. gotta try that. The Belgian/Belgian-style beers are known by many to be the best in the world. I've had a few, don't remember the names, but loved them. I also had a Sam Adams Chocolate Stout in a 750ml bottle that was divine.

My favorite everyday beers (from light to dark): Corona Heineken Yuengling Lager Sam Adams Boston Lager Newcastle Guinness

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Southern Tier Chokolat is even better on draft if you can find it somewhere... So tastey...

That's the only way I've drunk it to date. I went to my local beer and wine place today that stock Southern Tier and they said the next batch of it should be in around November.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Budweiser
Widmer Hefeweizen
Alaskan Amber Ale
Red Hook ESB
Kona Longboard Lager
Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale
Michelob Hop Hound Amber Wheat
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

My #1 is Bell's Oberon, Kalamazoo, Michigan. They only brew it April-October. It's incredible.

Voll Damm, Spain. Strong very good beer. We called them 'lil hand grenades' in Spain because you drink 7 or 8 of them and before you know it you're trashed.

Guinness. Enough Said.

Most Belgian beers, tried too many to single one out.

New Belgium's Fat Tire

Red Stripe - Hoooray for Beer!!

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

Spotted Cow
Fat Squirrel
Pete's Wicked Ale
Killian's Red
Moose Droole
Guinness
Bud Light

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Root. Of the A&W; variety.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Cider.... now we're talking

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Definitely Corona after the round.

Casually, I like Victory Brewings Old Horizontal and Golden Monkey
They are a little pricy but well worth it.

To Long Straight Drives
Rick Pogany

In the Bag
Blue Hawk XT30 8.5 Firm 47"Proto-type 5 wood Blue Hawk ShaftProto-type 7 wood Blue Hawk ShaftPing I3 Blades 4-LWRife Hybrid Mallet 34"ProV1

Casually, I like Victory Brewings Old Horizontal and Golden Monkey

A regular at the bar where I used to work used to drink a combination I started calling a "Monkey Maker" when he was out to get drunk. That's a Golden Monkey and a shot of Maker's Mark. It'll certainly do the job.

Note: This thread is 5486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!